Surgery

hondorner

Mr. Hondorner,

"crotchety" is an excellent word! I'm so glad you're crotchety because as she pointed out that means you are getting better and we're all glad you are.

We support you totally, however, if you begin to complain about the dog, housekeeping, or food you're being served....dude, you're on your own!!

Boy, you can say that again -- we live about an hour from the hospital. The surgery was about 8 hours. She's back and forth every day. She was really frightened at one point when my name disappeared from the OR board. The love of my life is taking very good care of me.

I'm getting crochety about food; Betsy says that's a sign I'm getting better.

Hi Don Get well soon... We have been away on Nautica...

Did you have your surgery at Lawnwood.

Been home for about 12 hours. Feeling crotchety. Glad to be alive. Will take 6 to 12 weeks to return to normal, likely to be still crotchety.

Might just have to redefine "normal". Normal is vastly overrated IMHO. That that does not kill you makes you stronger. BS but it sure feels like good advice. Best wishes for a totally uneventful recovery and ability to get back to planning trips which is just what we do!

Hi Don Get well soon... We have been away on Nautica...

Did you have your surgery at Lawnwood.

Thanks, neighbor. Yes, second time for same procedure. Lawnwood is great, food is not Oceania. Dr. Downing has recently retired, Dr. Mangonon just as good. Dr. D says only 2nd time in his career has seen myxoma grow back. Surgery took over 7 hours, tougher to crack open an egg the second time.:D. Recovery going great, cutting back on pain meds, swelling reduced. Friends call me Iron Man.

Thanks, neighbor. Yes, second time for same procedure. Lawnwood is great, food is not Oceania. Dr. Downing has recently retired, Dr. Mangonon just as good. Dr. D says only 2nd time in his career has seen myxoma grow back. Surgery took over 7 hours, tougher to crack open an egg the second time.:D. Recovery going great, cutting back on pain meds, swelling reduced. Friends call me Iron Man.

Don, glad your recovery is going well. Looking forward to our 2015 world cruise and meeting great folks like you. I have been reading lots of your posts, and, like you, we are really stretching it a bit. It's funny about one's priorities. Here we are driving 15 year-old cars and instead of buying new ones (we could probably buy 4 - 5 new cars for the cost of this cruise) we opt for spending the money on travel. By the way Don, my wife and I met a really nice Florida couple joining us for the full 180 days. They are Chic and Robin and they post on the roll call. Take care!!!

Edited by paradiseken