Surgery

hondorner

Life can be complicated some, most or all of the time. Dennis and I wish you all good things and healing light all around you (and Betsy). No complications with this one.

Lynne and Dennis

Edited by lyndenfa

Just got off the phone with Betsy Horner..she asked me to post and tell you all Don is out of surgery, surgery went very well and she has seen him though he is not awake yet..she thanks you all for your prayers..

Jancruz1

Don,

I wish you all the best: skillful surgeons, pretty nurses, a speedy recovery!

Double that! Get this over with and then I always find that trip planning is the way to endure recovery! Give incentive to be up and about when have great things to think about. God Bless you with healing.

Received the following email from Betsy this evening. I have deleted some personal comments. GREAT NEWS!!

'Thanks to all of you for your continuous prayers, positive thoughts and concerns for Don. They do work miracles! The surgeon successfully removed that nasty tumor(myxoma) from the L atrium of his heart and did another bypass. It was a very draining 8 hrs for me but made easier because Amy was with me and knowing I have such awesome caring friends.

Don is in the recovery unit now. Surgeon is very pleased with his progress thus far.

The next couple of days will be rough but I know Don will be regain his strength fast. As I said before, " we have so much more living to do and places to see"!

Great friends, prayers, positive thoughts and concerns really do make a difference. I thank you all being there when needed."

'Thanks to all of you for your continuous prayers, positive thoughts and concerns for Don. They do work miracles! The surgeon successfully removed that nasty tumor(myxoma) from the L atrium of his heart and did another bypass. It was a very draining 8 hrs for me but made easier because Amy was with me and knowing I have such awesome caring friends.

Don is in the recovery unit now. Surgeon is very pleased with his progress thus far.

The next couple of days will be rough but I know Don will be regain his strength fast. As I said before, " we have so much more living to do and places to see"!

Great friends, prayers, positive thoughts and concerns really do make a difference. I thank you all being there when needed."

Dear Betsy: Thanks for letting us know how Don is doing. I look forward to hearing of his progress. You and i had some talks a few years back on our tour of Morrocco (on the side of the road with a flat tire on our van) and we share OT/PT backgrounds so i know Don is in good hands and you will be sure his rehab is excellent. Blessings to both.

Lynne

Best wishes Don for a full and speedy recovery. You've got lots more wonderful cruises ahead!

Regards to Betsy.....We really enjoyed spending so much time with you and Don on our NY/London cruise a few months ago and can't wait to sail with you again.

Marsha and Lou Meyer

I'm "graduating" from icu today. All your support was incredible. I will confess now that I was scared. But, I just paid the final balance on the trip insurance for the world cruise. I had paid the final cruise fare just before I learned of this problem, and I had 21 days to protect my pre-existing waiver. Thanks to CAG for keeping track of the dates for me; she claims it was for her own protection because I was the one who talked them into going :p!

Edited by hondorner

Great to hear from you, since I could never get my wife to spend 180 days on a ship I want to hear about the trip from you. Don't worry, we all would be plenty scared!

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app