What do you love about silhouette

dexsas

OK, it has been a long Friday at work and all I can think about is my upcoming cruise on the Silhouette.....January 11th. We will be staying in a veranda room and I have booked the 4 night specialty dining package. Please tell me what you love about the ship and what not to miss. :)

OK, it has been a long Friday at work and all I can think about is my upcoming cruise on the Silhouette.....January 11th. We will be staying in a veranda room and I have booked the 4 night specialty dining package. Please tell me what you love about the ship and what not to miss. :)

Drop dead gorgeous, sparklingly clean white paint, beautiful dark blue contrasting trim, chrome and glass exterior.

Sleek, modern, nautical architecture that makes the ship look almost like a science fiction inspired interstellar space craft.

An almost perfect cross, between a few warm, soothing classic touches in the décor, spruced up with a very cool, bold, modern, (but still comfortable) feel.

AWESOME DRINKS and fantastic, fun service from the bar staff.

GREAT food and wonderful service from the dining staff in each and every food venue.

A wide range and interesting mix of entertainment offerings.

Don't miss the hot fresh waffles with fruit toppings and whipped cream, along with made to order omelets from the breakfast buffet. ;)

Don't miss the incredibly flavorful Indian curries and the home made Cinnamon flavored ice cream at the lunch buffets.

Don't miss the lamb chops... ANY of them... from the MDR, or Qsine or the Lawn Club. :D

Don't miss the table side flambé d lobster or Grand Marnier Souffle in Murano.

Don't miss the view at a sunset dinner, OR the Chocolate fondue dessert, in Tuscan.

Don't miss ANY of the flavors at the gelateria. :p

Don't miss the INCREDIBLE mudslide or espresso martinis at the Martini Bar. :eek:

After all the food and drink, don't miss the spotlessly clean, very well equipped gym. :o

(If you ignore some of the obnoxiously loud music, and some of the pathetically tacky art work, it'll be PERFECT.)

Edited by teecee60

It is very easy. Don't chase after orher's likes. Explore the ship and do what you like, and if you feel that you missed something than book another cruise on it.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We've loved every Celebrity ship we've sailed, but found there was something special about the Silhouette above the rest. We loved the crew; the captain and officers were the most visible and approachable we have ever encountered. We loved the colour scheme and the art, which made the ambiance even more beautiful than the other S-Class ships we had sailed before. We were also lucky that our particular sailing had some of the best small venue entertainment we had ever encountered on any ship, at least to our tastes.

Have a wonderful time!!

WOW!!! Seems I have made the right choice with the Silhouette. Thanks to everyone for your input....now I am really excited! So much to see and do, I'm thinking another booking (or two) will be needed. Again, thanks for your input, it's refreshing to see all the "positive" comments.

It is very easy. Don't chase after orher's likes. Explore the ship and do what you like, and if you feel that you missed something than book another cruise on it.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Funny you should say this. I love to do a ton of research before going on a new ship, but once I'm on, I usually follow my husband and daughter and just live in the moment. This will be our future son-in-laws cruise and I'm looking forward to seeing it through his eyes. And if I feel there is more to see, or see again, I will definitely book again. :D

Adult pool? I didn't realize there was one. Is it an outdoor pool? I was looking at some Celebrity ship pics and saw one inside pool but can't remember which ship.

Every ship has them but Century, it's called Solarium and is also my favorite location.

We've been on the Silhouette twice and we absolutely love this ship. The fresh burgers and hot dogs at the mast grill on the pool deck are absolutely brilliant. Don't miss them.

We also love the open air seating at the end of the ocean view cafe. Especially on sea days.

As others have mentioned, the hideaway is just excellent and we always manage a few really nice pictures there.

If you are planning on eating at some speciality restaurants, you will get a discount on day1 of the cruise. Atleast 20%.

Look at booking a future cruise on the ship. Reduced deposits, flexible dates, on board credit.

The solarium pool and whirlpools are just awesome, especially during sailouts.