Should I book an Aug. 2015 cruise now or wait for a deal when onboard in Dec.?

Sara Smile

Depends. If the cabin you really really want is available now, then book it. Prices can change, but then so can perks - so you have to do the numbers every time.

We are in that same boat (pun intended) now.

You could do both. Book now directly with X, then when on board, see if you can get a better deal. If so, cancel the earlier cruise. As long as you are not near final payment don't think you have anything to lose doing so. saol

If you book onboard, you get the Classic beverage package, some OBC and your Captain's Club one category upgrade (within a category). Book now if you want a specific cabin, wait until sailing if not.:)

Thanks for the input. I really don't have a specific cabin in mind so I may wait until December.

If cabin isn't a concern wait to book on board. You will receive any promotion and onboard booking bonus that is available at the time of your booking. You can then take up to 90 days from your date of booking to transfer the reservation to a TA. You can give the Future Sales person on the ship the name of your TA at the time of booking and Celebrity will immediately put the reservation in your TA's name. You will receive anything your TA may provide in ADDITION to what Celebrity gives you for on board booking.

NOTE: Some TAs have a group price and amenities that will not be available for onboard booking. Check with your TA.

Thanks for the input. I really don't have a specific cabin in mind so I may wait until December.

There is absolutely no reason not to book now if the price is good, especially if you are getting 123Go. All my friends did it that way when we sailed in April......everyone went to the future cruise person to see if they could get a better deal and those that could booked, and cancelled the prior ressie.

There is absolutely no reason not to book now if the price is good, especially if you are getting 123Go. All my friends did it that way when we sailed in April......everyone went to the future cruise person to see if they could get a better deal and those that could booked, and cancelled the prior ressie.

Exactly. We booked a 12/2015 cruise a couple weeks ago just to lock in a lot rate with the drink package. Worst case scenario, we tie up $500 for an extra six months or so. No big deal.

If you book onboard, you get the Classic beverage package, some OBC and your Captain's Club one category upgrade (within a category). Book now if you want a specific cabin, wait until sailing if not.:)

You don't have to book onboard to get the one category upgrade. I did it through my TA before.

We just booked now for May 2015. TA provided pre-paid grats, Celebrity via 123Go provided Classic Bev package and $300 OBC and thru Captain's Club we got, 50% reduction on our deposit, one cat upgrade--from 1B to 1A, our cabin choice and 25 extra Club Points.... with all of that on the table, we booked now.

We just booked now for May 2015. TA provided pre-paid grats, Celebrity via 123Go provided Classic Bev package and $300 OBC and thru Captain's Club we got, 50% reduction on our deposit, one cat upgrade--from 1B to 1A, our cabin choice and 25 extra Club Points.... with all of that on the table, we booked now.

what are club points?

We booked this week for May 2015, and the price went up £500 afterwards! Got the specific cabin we wanted, The big deal was 50 extra points for booking a suite, which will take us to Elite +.

No doubt another promotion will be along shortly!

You could do both. Book now directly with X, then when on board, see if you can get a better deal. If so, cancel the earlier cruise. As long as you are not near final payment don't think you have anything to lose doing so. saol

This would be the way to go. Book the cruise and if the price doesn't drop before your cruise then you got the best possible price and the 123 deal. It just depends on the OBC you are going to get if you want to rebook.

DW and I went on a cruise. We had already booked our next cruise before we got on ship but we decided to look into possibly booking another while on board. We went to the Future Cruises area and were talking with the gentleman there and while asking us some questions we told him we were already booked with the Summit again for next year in a balcony.

He checked our booking and rebooked us in a SS for $200/pp more plus a $250 OBC and the 123 Go.

So for basically $150 we got an upgrade to a suite(albeit the first level of suite on the Summit), OBC and the 123 package.

Edited by chrismakris

Book now, hold your price and get your 123 perk. When onboard, check prices. I did same thing. Prices onboard were the same, but I got an extra obc on $250 for booking onboard. Had them cancel the one I had already booked. Your in a win win situation.