Which Stateroom Location is Better in Rough Weather

Tess of the Sea

It depends on what ship you are on. The Q.E.& Q.V, i would always pick amidships the lower the better decks4/5. But on the Mary if you want a Grills cabin you have to have a higher deck & I would pick amidships again, There is a old saying of. The More you Pay the more you Sway & that is very true with the Mary.

Those both suck so take your pick and hope for good weather ; -)

Low midships, as has been mentioned and I will add WITH a balcony, is your best bet. When I feel a bit of mal de mer coming on I find fresh air makes an enormous difference. Being able to open that balcony door just a bit would be a big bonus to me. It would have to be really really bad to not open that door...

There is a very amicable sitting area on Deck 3L in the Grand Lobby. Obviously not the place to sit if afflicted with sea sickness symptoms (in which case passengers would be advised to remain in their cabin), but a nice place to relax if one wants a respite from the rock n'roll on higher decks.

Edited by Salacia

It depends on what ship you are on. The Q.E.& Q.V, i would always pick amidships the lower the better decks4/5. But on the Mary if you want a Grills cabin you have to have a higher deck & I would pick amidships again, There is a old saying of. The More you Pay the more you Sway & that is very true with the Mary.

No question -- lower and mid ship is by far best. --- I second the idea that "the more you pay the more you sway". I have done a Nov/Dec TA with 38 foot seas and 90 mph wind across the deck and even with that the QMII had minimal movement. Still stay low and (center of ship) stay happy.

Neither is the best choice .

Midships on the deck closest to the waterline would get you a better ride .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's the answer, and in an inside cabin to boot! You want to be as low as you can get and as close to center as possible.

I don't think you mentioned which ship and what voyage… Much of the ocean, much of the time, is really very calm and motion isn't a huge issue.

When we started taking ocean voyages, I was nervous about the prospect of seasickness. I read everything on CC about it! I studied the wave maps of the Atlantic to anticipate wave height. I carried onboard wrist bands and dramamine.

Now that I am more experienced, I've learned I actually sleep better on shipboard because there is the constant gentle rocking. I've learned some people actually choose cabin locations which have more movement because it helps them sleep better!

You will have a wonderful time in either location! Bon Voyage!