On Board Credit

Heartkrazy

Please bear with me as I am new to this site & will be taking my first cruise with Carnival Miracle on 4/25/15. I believe that I know the answer to my question, however I am not one to assume (if you get my drift) & don't want to be caught offguard at the end of our cruise.

Can someone enlighten me as to what the On Board Credit is (I believe my hubby & I are each receiving $50....?) and if it can be used towards the "Cheers" beverage program that Carnival offers?

Thanks is advance, your input is greatly appreciated! :)

Please bear with me as I am new to this site & will be taking my first cruise with Carnival Miracle on 4/25/15. I believe that I know the answer to my question, however I am not one to assume (if you get my drift) & don't want to be caught offguard at the end of our cruise.

Can someone enlighten me as to what the On Board Credit is (I believe my hubby & I are each receiving $50....?) and if it can be used towards the "Cheers" beverage program that Carnival offers?

Thanks is advance, your input is greatly appreciated! :)

Think of it this way. When you are on board, you will charge various things, drinks, gifts, excursions ..... whatever ..... and they will all be listed on your account.

And on that list of charges will be one that is OBC, which will reduce those purchases by the amount you are credited.

Be sure to fill out the preboarding forms. Also, check your receipt, your OBC may be $50 total per cabin. Also, gratuities will be added to your account at $12/person/day. The $50 can offset that charge. Have fun!

Be sure to fill out the preboarding forms. Also, check your receipt, your OBC may be $50 total per cabin. Also, gratuities will be added to your account at $12/person/day. The $50 can offset that charge. Have fun!

Thanks for he information!! So excited for this cruise!!

One thing I always do -- once we are on the ship -- about day 3 -- I get a copy of my shipboard account to make certain that all shipboard credit that we are due is listed there. I mention this as HAL doesn't have where you can check your shipboard account on the TV like some cruise lines.

One thing I always do -- once we are on the ship -- about day 3 -- I get a copy of my shipboard account to make certain that all shipboard credit that we are due is listed there. I mention this as HAL doesn't have where you can check your shipboard account on the TV like some cruise lines.

Good advise. Some ships have interactive TV where you can also check your statement.

It is there for use on the ship to help offset your expenses

Just check it is listed against the correct person in the cabin as I have seen it put on the kids cards and they spend it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good advice, thanks!!

Great advice, thanks!!