Grandeur Balconies Pricing??

Just looking into RCCL for our Bermuda cruise next year.

Grandeur out of Baltimore is showing over $5.4K for a balcony in June. :eek:

I know its 10 months out, but does that seem right??? I remember RC's prices being a tic above the others, but I don't recall GoS being THAT much. RCCL vets?

I know its 10 months out, but does that seem right??? I remember RC's prices being a tic above the others, but I don't recall GoS being THAT much. RCCL vets?

That's way high. Not sure what's going on except maybe it's just the usual IT issues. Our JS this past March to the Caribbean was nowhere near that much. That sounds close to double what it should be for a balcony,

Edited by BND

Pricing is all out of whack since Royal's big promo ended on July 15. No one knows if prices will come down, or they are about to have another promo. All I know is that I'm not booking any Royal cruises at these prices.

Edited by clarea

THe other thing to consider besides IT problems, is that Grandeur doesn't have nearly the number of balconies that the newer builds have, even on a percentage basis. If that particular sailing is in high demand.....

Pricing is all out of whack since Royal's big promo ended on July 15. No one knows if prices will come down, or they are about to have another promo. All I know is that I'm not booking any Royal cruises at these prices.

Not sure what your pricing rules and regulations are in the US but up here in Canada when you put something on sale you must actually have it listed for sale at the regular (higher prices) for a certain number of days or be able to show that you sold x% of your stock at the higher prices.

I'm wondering if RCI is having to keep their prices higher for a while due to the BOGOHO sale as this was advertised as a % off sale unlike most of their sales that just involved OBC and reduced deposits.

Absolutely agree that there is no way I'd be booking anything at the current prices.

Not sure what your pricing rules and regulations are in the US but up here in Canada when you put something on sale you must actually have it listed for sale at the regular (higher prices) for a certain number of days or be able to show that you sold x% of your stock at the higher prices.

I'm wondering if RCI is having to keep their prices higher for a while due to the BOGOHO sale as this was advertised as a % off sale unlike most of their sales that just involved OBC and reduced deposits.

Absolutely agree that there is no way I'd be booking anything at the current prices.

I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect we don't have those regulations on sale prices in the US. I see the grocery stores do what I consider deceptive sale pricing all the time. Maybe it's a state to state thing here.

I'm here to tell you it may not be that out of whack.

We just sailed her last week.

3 of us, oceanview window on deck 3, $4200.

They charge a lot more for Baltimore cruises. They always fill up and you have 25 million people within driving distance.

They charge a lot more for Baltimore cruises. They always fill up and you have 25 million people within driving distance.

And what's the NYC area, chopped livah?? ;)

Glad we booked Grandeur awhile back since we got an inside cabin for 10 days for $546pp next April.

Bill