Jewel OTS - Alaska 2015 Prices Are Really Low

Has anyone else noticed how low the prices are already for the Jewel OTS to Alaska next year?

Maybe that itinerary isn't selling well? No stop in Ketchikan and only a short visit to Tracy Arm - which doesn't appear to allow for a small boat excursion.

Still, a good opportunity to get a glimpse of Alaska :)

That would be a problem and SEA is expensive - even without special events going on!

But all of the sailings on the Jewel are much lower so it may be good deal for other timeframes :)

Yes!!! Prices dropped last night for this cruise, some even at 50%

We were already booked and we managed to save $1600:eek:

There are also reports of 22% to 25% savings on other ships as well

Hope all are able to make some savings

We did hear this is only available up until July 31st:)

Happy Days!

Has anyone else noticed how low the prices are already for the Jewel OTS to Alaska next year?

Maybe that itinerary isn't selling well? No stop in Ketchikan and only a short visit to Tracy Arm - which doesn't appear to allow for a small boat excursion.

Still, a good opportunity to get a glimpse of Alaska :)

/ 458 for june 5th but if you go into reserve it says 958 with a fake booking might be a IT issue with rccl

And in the short 90 minutes since the previous message was posted, I am now showing prices doubling (or more). Must be some sort of IT issue.

Really? I hope someone got to take advantage :)

I got to take advantage of the drop!:):):):):):)

I noticed last night right before I went to bed and quickly held 2 cabins and got the last GS. I was going to post it this morning and someone beat me to it.

My family thinks I am crazy for checking prices throughout the day, but I have found some awesome deals that way and they get to benefit.

I got to take advantage of the drop!:):):):):):)

I noticed last night right before I went to bed and quickly held 2 cabins and got the last GS. I was going to post it this morning and someone beat me to it.

My family thinks I am crazy for checking prices throughout the day, but I have found some awesome deals that way and they get to benefit.

Glad you were also able to catch this price drop

Enjoy the GS.

Good to hear that some got it. I didn't see the post from last night so sorry for duplicating......

I see some sites with the lower price too but when I click to book it is recalculating. This morning they were much lower.

I need to see Ketchikan and Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm (with small boat tour time) - otherwise I would have booked a cabin.

Good to hear that some got it. I didn't see the post from last night so sorry for duplicating......

I see some sites with the lower price too but when I click to book it is recalculating. This morning they were much lower.

I need to see Ketchikan and Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm (with small boat tour time) - otherwise I would have booked a cabin.

No need to be sorry, the more info out there, the better chance of others being able to catch a nice price drop:)

We all like saving money

Happy Days!

No need to be sorry, the more info out there, the better chance of others being able to catch a nice price drop:)

We all like saving money

Happy Days!

You are right - the more info we have the better it is!!!

I thought about taking this deal myself but I know the prices on Princess will drop to this level about the first of the year. I am cruising solo next year so paying the double price on RCI is usually high compared to 150% on Princess. Knowing that it was a temporary glitch though makes me wish I had put a deposit on it and decided next year!

I often monitor pricing and earlier this year I found an $848 RT airfare to Rome for my October cruise. It wasn't there long - just the time it took American and US Air to combine data (from their merger) - I guess. Only one stop each way too with connections that are doable :D

It is VERY helpful if someone starts a new post like this when they see a deal. Thanks to a fellow CC member we go in on a great deal for the FOS for Christmas. That deal was not there more than a few hours either.

You have to be ready to act fast.

It is VERY helpful if someone starts a new post like this when they see a deal. Thanks to a fellow CC member we go in on a great deal for the FOS for Christmas. That deal was not there more than a few hours either.

You have to be ready to act fast.

Yep, very lucky. At half price the rate from the day before and then back up the day after, seems like sort of a glitch worth. Even if not deemed a "glitch", it certainly was a big drop and only lasted a day.

Yep, very lucky. At half price the rate from the day before and then back up the day after, seems like sort of a glitch worth. Even if not deemed a "glitch", it certainly was a big drop and only lasted a day.

We got in on it last night, saved $400 on an already low price. We subscribe to a service that emails us when prices drop on cruises we have asked to follow. We got the alert at 6:04pm yesterday and the prices went back up about 18 hrs later. I posted it on our roll call and many others saved also.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darn I missed it.

I noticed a similar type of glitch on a march 13 quantum cruise via the fishy site. In April, D1s were going for the $600 range but were repriced the same day. They are normally 1600. I missed that one too.

We should have a new feature here: 'pricing glitches'.

Edited by marci22

No stop in Ketchikan and only a short visit to Tracy Arm - which doesn't appear to allow for a small boat excursion.

Just FYI the Tracy Arm Fjord isn't really a port, the ship sails up the fjord to a glacier (I think Hubbard or Sawyer?) and stops so everyone can take pictures, etc. Then turns around and goes back. The turning around itself is rather exciting since it seems like there is very little room. Lots of chances to see birds, seals, even whales.

Darn I missed it.

I noticed a similar type of glitch on a march 13 quantum cruise via the fishy site. In April, D1s were going for the $600 range but were repriced the same day. They are normally 1600. I missed that one too.

We should have a new feature here: 'pricing glitches'.

Would be nice if could set up an Albert on fishy site for drop on any cruise over X % sailing from xyz ports.

Just FYI the Tracy Arm Fjord isn't really a port, the ship sails up the fjord to a glacier (I think Hubbard or Sawyer?) and stops so everyone can take pictures, etc. Then turns around and goes back. The turning around itself is rather exciting since it seems like there is very little room. Lots of chances to see birds, seals, even whales.

Yes, that is reason I don't like this itinerary. You really need more time and the option to take the small boat excursion - meeting up with the ship later in Juneau.

Sailing Tracy Arm for 5 hours really isn't the best way to see it and this itinerary also excludes Ketchikan (which means no bear fly in with Island Wings) :(

Good price or not I would be giving up too much so I didn't "jump".