Freedom of the Seas drydock

Hmm, "Star Lounge"- does that exists on any other RCCL ships?

Maybe something to do with Viking Crown?

I believe it is what the lounge on deck 5 forward (now Pharaoh's Palace on FR) will be renamed. Same thing that happened to Navigator.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Good to know. Did they remove Navigator's version of "The Crypt?" Did their version of "Pharaoh's Palace" become the night club?

I've never been on the Navigator, so I can't give first-hand info, I was just looking at the deck plans and remember from when I was considering a cruise on her. But I know that they did remove the Crypt on Navigator also. Not sure if the deck 5 lounge became the night club or not.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I've never been on the Navigator, so I can't give first-hand info, I was just looking at the deck plans and remember from when I was considering a cruise on her. But I know that they did remove the Crypt on Navigator also. Not sure if the deck 5 lounge became the night club or not.

Congrats on the 1,000 post!!

Have new deck plans been released?

Sort of... If you go through the deck plan pages the new cabin types are listed on deck3 and 12, but don't show up on the schematic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can one book them yet?

Orville99, I was on the reservations page for our cruise tonight and I notice that they had cancelled out the reservation I had made for the ice show in Dec. I can also only make dinner reservations for Giovanni's Table and Chops. Have you found out anything about this?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Can one book them yet?

Orville99, I was on the reservations page for our cruise tonight and I notice that they had cancelled out the reservation I had made for the ice show in Dec. I can also only make dinner reservations for Giovanni's Table and Chops. Have you found out anything about this?

Thanks,

Cheryl

When I do a mock booking and select one of those categories, I can select from all of those cabins on the new decks (except the FO - which says to call). I'm past final payment date, so I'm not touching anything on my booking - including trying to replace my missing Izumi reservation;)

Edited by orville99

On Navi, the Crypt was removed. The Deck 5 level became Sabor and the Deck 4 level became some staterooms (if memory serves). The Star Lounge is what the Deck 5 lounge was renamed on Navi. It is not exactly a "Night Club." But they did have karaoke in there many nights. The late night dancing was moved to the Cosmopolitan Lounge inside the Viking Crown. Nightly DJ Dance music with at least one night of "Silent Disco."

On Navi, the Crypt was removed. The Deck 5 level became Sabor and the Deck 4 level became some staterooms (if memory serves). The Star Lounge is what the Deck 5 lounge was renamed on Navi. It is not exactly a "Night Club." But they did have karaoke in there many nights. The late night dancing was moved to the Cosmopolitan Lounge inside the Viking Crown. Nightly DJ Dance music with at least one night of "Silent Disco."

Good info to know, thanks for sharing.

Sort of... If you go through the deck plan pages the new cabin types are listed on deck3 and 12, but don't show up on the schematic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I regularly check the prices for our upcoming cruise in August to see if they have come down. I notice now when I go in and "mock up" a new reservation, they are offering the new deck 12 staterooms. I understand they have previously done this on Navigator. Has anyone seen any reviews of these staterooms yet? I've searched and searched but couldn't find any. I would consider switching to one of these, but would like to see some reviews first.

Not to be nitpicky but believe you're a floor off. Sabor is on deck 4 and the new cabins are on deck 3.

Tim

KIGGISS has posted pics on his instagram account of the AZIPOD repairs.

I'm not 100% sure this pic is the freedom but it is a post of a ship from Grand Bahamas Shipyard from this past week. I'm assuming its the FOTS. Someone more familiar might be able to confirm.

23325c4b02114c0e5a0a65330e670959.jpg

-Sean

KIGGISS has posted pics on his instagram account of the AZIPOD repairs.

I'm not 100% sure this pic is the freedom but it is a post of a ship from Grand Bahamas Shipyard from this past week. I'm assuming its the FOTS. Someone more familiar might be able to confirm.

23325c4b02114c0e5a0a65330e670959.jpg

-Sean

Sean, where are you finding these FOTS pictures in drydock??? I can't find any :rolleyes: :( :confused: :o :eek:

Cheryl