Freedom of the Seas drydock

There is a cure for that- avoid the elevator at all costs! (Unless of course you are not physically able). We did so on our last cruise and found it decreased our frustration levels ( and encounters with RUDE people) significantly. If more people who are able to walk the stairs ( like kids!) used the stairs it wouldn't be a huge issue.

He can't.

There's a variety from Instagram:

[ATTACH]338290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]338292[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]338293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]338294[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]338295[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app. Apologies for the poor quality!

Any that I can see without using a magnifying glass?

I have a regular post asking this question, but I am not getting any answers so I thought I would ask here as well since this is about the dry dock.

Does anyone know if the new deck 12 Family Ocean View (cabin 1804 and 1854) on Freedom are/will be the same as 1804 and 1854 on the Navigator? We are sailing on the Freedom in March. Earlier this week we moved from a Family Ocean View on deck 6 to cabin 1804 on deck 12. It is not a deal breaker as we think we will like the new cabin on deck 12 better, but part of the reason for the move was that 1804 on the Navigator has an extra half bath and we thought 1804 on Freedom would as well.

However, after calling today and speaking to a RCI rep, she told us that 1804 on the Freedom shows as a Family Ocean View cabin, where as cabin 1804 on Navigator is a Panoramic Family Ocean View cabin. Thus, the new cabin on Freedom does not have the extra half bath as it does on the Navigator. Actually, she did not even know 1804 on Navigator had the extra half bath till I told her. She then had to look it up.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also sailing in March. I asked to change my cabin to this deck. The lady on the phone didn't even have deck plans available to her (like they are on the site now). I got the pie shaped one to the side and am also hoping these are similar to those on the Nav. I'm thinking they've mislabeled them as Ocean View. I can't imagine them putting porthole windows on these things!

I'm also sailing in March. I asked to change my cabin to this deck. The lady on the phone didn't even have deck plans available to her (like they are on the site now). I got the pie shaped one to the side and am also hoping these are similar to those on the Nav. I'm thinking they've mislabeled them as Ocean View. I can't imagine them putting porthole windows on these things!

I called yesterday and booked one of the pie shaped cabins on deck 12. The guy I spoke with gave me the dimensions of the window. I don't remember what it was but he said it's much bigger than the typical porthole. Any idea what is directly above these cabins? Just worried about noise.

I called yesterday and booked one of the pie shaped cabins on deck 12. The guy I spoke with gave me the dimensions of the window. I don't remember what it was but he said it's much bigger than the typical porthole. Any idea what is directly above these cabins? Just worried about noise.

We also switched to one of these pie-shaped rooms (1864 on deck 12) last week for our August cruise. Very curious to get more detail about these rooms once she returns to service. While they are now on the deck plans on Royal's site...I'm wondering why they are not labelled as "panoramic" ocean view rooms and only as regular ocean-views.

Hi Brett and All,... I will also be onboard the event sailing this Friday. Very excited to leave behind 20degree weather!!!

My flight gets into Orlando at 9:30am, so hopefully I will get onboard with some of the earliest group. I plan to run around like a crazy man taking pics before the ship gets filled up. Hopefully they have kept some of the new staterooms and upper categories vacant for touring.

I've printed the before and after deck plans and will try to hit the new venues first. I assume RCCL will have signage posted for the trade touting the enhancements and new venues, but then you never know.

Hopefully I figure out how to post pics easily using my phone before we loose cell service. If anyone has extra tips on posting with tapatalk, etc, please let me know!

That will be awesome! Sailing on Freedom on June 28th! :)

Hi Brett and All,... I will also be onboard the event sailing this Friday. Very excited to leave behind 20degree weather!!!

My flight gets into Orlando at 9:30am, so hopefully I will get onboard with some of the earliest group. I plan to run around like a crazy man taking pics before the ship gets filled up. Hopefully they have kept some of the new staterooms and upper categories vacant for touring.

I've printed the before and after deck plans and will try to hit the new venues first. I assume RCCL will have signage posted for the trade touting the enhancements and new venues, but then you never know.

Hopefully I figure out how to post pics easily using my phone before we loose cell service. If anyone has extra tips on posting with tapatalk, etc, please let me know!

Awesome! Any easy way to print all the new deck plans at once?

This may have been discussed here already, but didn't feel like scrolling back through posts. I was looking at FOS deck plans, and noticed that Pharaoh's is now shown as Star Lounge? It also still shows Cupcake Cupboard as it's own shop.

Are the deck plan on the RC website not completely up to date yet?

Edited by jules815