Freedom of the Seas drydock

Can't wait to see Freedom docked at PC in the morning!!! [emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji572]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right -- she left at 7 PM, which is on time. FR is in my Marinetraffic.com fleet and I get emails -- how geeky!! As you can see from the thread, she got up to 21 knots shortly after she left Cozumel and Barklee says she was doing 20 knots today. She usually comes into range when she sails close to Florida so I will check her speed if possible. Edited by SherriZ366

I think he said the parts are already being fabricated, so I would hope they'd have them in hand within a week from today (my interpretation, not a direct quote from the Capt). He did confirm that ABB was on the hook for the repair.
Thanks for your updates from today!! If they have the parts in a week, they can work on the ship during the 2-15-2015 cruise.

It's great that the Freedom is able to take advantage of the currents and make great time but the test will come on the Eastern itinerary that she starts next week. The Eastern cruises in December were affected to a much greater extent than the Western route was.

Hopefully they can fix this very soon.

It's great that the Freedom is able to take advantage of the currents and make great time but the test will come on the Eastern itinerary that she starts next week. The Eastern cruises in December were affected to a much greater extent than the Western route was.

Hopefully they can fix this very soon.

They would be in better shape if they did the itinerary backwards and skipped Coco Cay until FR's propulsion system is fixed.

They would be in better shape if they did the itinerary backwards and skipped Coco Cay until FR's propulsion system is fixed.

That would certainly be a better solution. I wished that they had done that with us. I would much rather have 2 full 8 hour days in port than 3 days at about 4 hours.

The big issue with that though is if the ports can accommodate that switch.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That would certainly be a better solution. I wished that they had done that with us. I would much rather have 2 full 8 hour days in port than 3 days at about 4 hours.

Disney does it that way, and it is a much more relaxing route when you put the two sea days at the front. I wish RCL would reverse the route permanently.

It was great on FR last Jan. 12 (2014) although it was crowded in St. Maarten with 6 ships in port including OA. Getting into St. Thomas at 7 AM was fabulous. We did stop at Coco Cay on the last day but we did not get off the ship.

Disney does it that way, and it is a much more relaxing route when you put the two sea days at the front. I wish RCL would reverse the route permanently.
The last two times we sailed on Princess on Grand (1998) and Golden (2002), they did it that way and agree it is much more relaxing. We don't usually get off on Coco Cay and make it a sea day.

Does Disney stop at Castaway Cay on the way back? And what day? Would that interfere with another ship at Coco Cay? I know that Royal will sometimes tender 2 ships at Coco Cay but they usually don't have 2 ships when a Freedom class is one of them.

I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to but it would most likely mean rearranging a bunch of schedules.

Does Disney stop at Castaway Cay on the way back? And what day? Would that interfere with another ship at Coco Cay? I know that Royal will sometimes tender 2 ships at Coco Cay but they usually don't have 2 ships when a Freedom class is one of them.

I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to but it would most likely mean rearranging a bunch of schedules.

Don't think RCI would have 2 RCI ships at Coco Cay but as the propulsion problems constitute a special circumstances, it would be OK.

Don't think RCI would have 2 RCI ships at Coco Cay but as the propulsion problems constitute a special circumstances, it would be OK.

2-3 times per month there are 2 ships. Usually Majesty and Serenade but occasionally Enchantment and Grandeur. Never seen a Freedom class with another ship though....way too many people.

You're right -- she left at 7 PM, which is on time. FR is in my Marinetraffic.com fleet and I get emails -- how geeky!! As you can see from the thread, she got up to 21 knots shortly after she left Cozumel and Barklee says she was doing 20 knots today. She usually comes into range when she sails close to Florida so I will check her speed if possible.

No doubt there will be a lot of people with radar guns on South Beach tonight.

She is not showing up on MarineTraffic, but she is being reported on Vesselfinder, south of Homestead/Miami @ 21-22 knots. Coming up along the eastern shore line.

Well, at least we know the auto pilot knows the way home. :)