Balcony dividers on Navigator

Does Navigator of the Sea allow the divider on the balcony to be opened to the adjoining cabin. I know years ago this was allowed and then stopped but I had noticed on some cruises I've been on lately that it must be allowed again, does anyone have any input.

Thanks

Linda

Does Navigator of the Sea allow the divider on the balcony to be opened to the adjoining cabin. I know years ago this was allowed and then stopped but I had noticed on some cruises I've been on lately that it must be allowed again, does anyone have any input.

Thanks

Linda

The side facing balcony dividers can be opened, but it is up to ship's management if it will be allowed.

Yes. We had four balcony cabins in a row this past spring on Navigator mid ship and they opened them all up for us right away and it was great. They are the kind that open out so you had to put a lounger/chair against the doors to keep them from slamming shut.

At the end of March we were able to have the dividers open. There is no way to keep the divider open, so we had to use a chair to keep it from slamming shut.

Also we had a balcony cabin on the hump facing forward. There was terrible wind noise from the having the divider open that woke me up often during the night.

Can balcony dividers be opened? I know they used to open them and stopped but thought I saw them being opened again. I will be on the Navigator.

Thanks

Linda

Yes, the dividers on the side-facing staterooms can be opened. However it is up to the ship's management if it will be permitted.

While the dividers are physically able to be opened, they aren't designed for that...so it's up to the Captain if he'll allow it. Some ships (like Oasis/Allure) have doors in the dividers that slide out of the way and don't bang around!

While the dividers are physically able to be opened, they aren't designed for that...so it's up to the Captain if he'll allow it. Some ships (like Oasis/Allure) have doors in the dividers that slide out of the way and don't bang around!

They're not designed for it? Huh? :confused:

We have 3 Allure balcony/hump rooms in a row and the reservations are linked (if that helps). If we want the divider door opened who do we tell (our steward?) and how soon could it be done (1st day?)

We have 3 Allure balcony/hump rooms in a row and the reservations are linked (if that helps). If we want the divider door opened who do we tell (our steward?) and how soon could it be done (1st day?)

We have been on booth the Oasis and Allure just ask your room steward, and he / she will open it the first day.

How would an RCI agent know??:rolleyes:

I was hoping to place the request to have the dividers open with the C & A, RCI agent before we boarded. It was my understanding that this was the way to make that request.

• 5 weeks later...
I was hoping to place the request to have the dividers open with the C & A, RCI agent before we boarded. It was my understanding that this was the way to make that request.

When you get to your cabin and you see your cabin attendant just ask the attendant. That is how we did it. The C & A agents have very little if any authority about what goes onboard a particular ship.