Question Regarding 100 Day Award

clogaltocruise

DH & I did not receive our 100 Day award as we should have on our last cruise. The concierge apologized and said she would take care of it. We said we would wait for our next cruise to receive during the ceremony.

DH's brother & wife will earn their 100 Days on our next cruise ... 7 Day Zuiderdam week 9/20.

We are staying on for the 3 day Coastal to SF.

This means Brother in law & wife will have had their 100 days just prior to the 3 day Coastal.

We really want to be awarded our awards with them.

2 Questions:

The Coastal is actually the beginning of a Panama itinerary. Will they have an awards prior to SF?

or, would HAL present b-i-l & wife their award during the 7 Day that they are earning the 100?

I hope I've made sense of this. I don't know whether to even try to ask our TA about it.

Thank you.

You could contact Mariners Society and ask your Copper Medallions be mailed to you.. Either e-mail them through the 'contact us' link on the web site or call at 800-547-9139.

Or

You can wait for your next cruise and check early in your cruise with concierge and/or front office to verify they will present it to you on Mariners Brunch Day.

I wonder if there would be a Mariners Brunch on a three day cruise.

You would likely receive your Medallions on the seven day portion.

Congratulations on reaching the Medallion Level. :)

I hope I have understood you accurately. :o

Edited by sail7seas

Normally they don't do any mariners things on repositioning cruises. The only cruise that will be awarding the metals will be the 7 day Zuiderdam cruise (I'm presuming that is an Alaska cruise) or on the Panama cruise. Also they usually have these presentations closer to the end of the cruise, not the beginning. Hope this help to answer your question.

Thank you sail7seas and PathfinderEss. Yes, our first piece is the last 7 Day Alaska which is where our b-i-l & wife will hit their 100 days. We had our 100 days 2 cruises ago but haven't been awarded yet. We were hoping to get them together but did assume they wouldn't have a ceremony during the first 3 days of the repositioning. We do get off in SF.

It is confusing even to me and I understand it lol :-)

Congratulations on 100 days sailed.

We did not receive our medallions on board, when we reached 100 days.

After returning home and reading here on CC that the 100 day medallions were still being presented, I e-mailed the mariner society, who promptly replied and mailed the medallions and pins to us.

They arrived in their individual boxes, sent by international airmail.

I was impressed with the service from the Mariner Society.

Thank you sail7seas and PathfinderEss. Yes, our first piece is the last 7 Day Alaska which is where our b-i-l & wife will hit their 100 days. We had our 100 days 2 cruises ago but haven't been awarded yet. We were hoping to get them together but did assume they wouldn't have a ceremony during the first 3 days of the repositioning. We do get off in SF.

It is confusing even to me and I understand it lol :-)

Not confusing, call Hal and tell them you have not been present with your 100 day metals yet and you would like to get it on the 7 day Alaska cruise. When you get on board check at the front desk and let them know what is going on and how you would love to get your metals along with you BIL and his wife. To me it should not be a problem, there always looking for passengers to hand out those awards to. Good Luck.

That would be awesome to receive with them. They thought they'd hate cruising. Went on their 1st one with us on our 2nd to Alaska just do they could see Alaska. The cruising life - especially the spoiling by HAL's crew, can become addictive!

Congratulations on getting to 100 days.

We have done repositioning cruises from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle and Seattle to Ft Lauderdale. The award ceremonies going to Seattle were held before we got to San Diego. The award ceremonies going to Ft Lauderdale were held about the next to the last day before we got to either HMC or Ft Lauderdale depending on the itinerary.

I'm sure you are aware the Medallion Program counts actual cruise days unlike the Star Mariner Program that includes spending bonus days and suite double days. Just trying to avoid confusion for those who may not know the difference in the two concurrently running programs.

Congratulations on 100 days sailed.

We did not receive our medallions on board, when we reached 100 days.

After returning home and reading here on CC that the 100 day medallions were still being presented, I e-mailed the mariner society, who promptly replied and mailed the medallions and pins to us.

They arrived in their individual boxes, sent by international airmail.

I was impressed with the service from the Mariner Society.

Exactly the same with us. 100 day medallion not presented on the cruise where it was earned or on the next cruise. After that we called the Mariner Society and recieved the medallions and a letter of apology within 1 week.

Frequently the medallions are presented on the next cruise.

Not confusing, call Hal and tell them you have not been present with your 100 day metals yet and you would like to get it on the 7 day Alaska cruise. When you get on board check at the front desk and let them know what is going on and how you would love to get your metals along with you BIL and his wife. To me it should not be a problem, there always looking for passengers to hand out those awards to. Good Luck.

Good advice. I checked with the front desk on day 1 of the cruise and she added us to the list (I was not on it according to her).

DaveOKC

OP...

Have you gone to the HAL site, Mariners Account page and verified they have the correct number of days credited to you?

Perhaps they are missing some days in error?

Good point - plus be sure you are talking about actual days SAILED - bonus days not included. However, Alaska Cruise/Tours do qualify (at least ours did).

DaveOKC

Good point. Yes, the 100 Day award we've earned but not received is for actual cruise days. We're also hoping to one day be 4 Star Mariners.

Hey why stop at 4 'star' mariners, lets go for 5 'star' even better yet and if we live long enough and cruise enough 'Presidents Club'.

I'm sure you are aware the Medallion Program counts actual cruise days unlike the Star Mariner Program that includes spending bonus days and suite double days. Just trying to avoid confusion for those who may not know the difference in the two concurrently running programs.

Someone should educate the staff and cruise directors about the difference. The last cruise that I was on the Cruise Director announced at the award ceremony that all those with 700 days or more had platinum medallions. Obviously not true. Many front desk staff I have spoken with don't understand. Frankly, I can't imagine why they ever came up with this confusing scheme. I think they wanted to do away with medallions but mariners squawked so much they caved.

Exactly the same with us. 100 day medallion not presented on the cruise where it was earned or on the next cruise. After that we called the Mariner Society and recieved the medallions and a letter of apology within 1 week.

Frequently the medallions are presented on the next cruise.

We thought that the Mariner Society would ensure that we would receive the medallions during the next cruise, did not expect them to be air-mailed across the world to us.

When we received our 100 day Bronze Medallion, we were on a Noordam Caribbean cruise (11 day-2011) and the ceremony was held in the Queens Lounge. Our invitation requested formal dress and the event was very elegant. The Captain, Hotel manager and other officers were on hand. They provided wine and hor dourves and aside from the many who were receiving medallions (including one 500 day), other current medallions holders were invited to attend. Photos were taken with each recipient. There were about 40 Mariners in attendance. I was impressed.

Maybe, because there were so many recipients on this cruise, they conducted it separate from the Mariner Brunch (which was also conducted in two stages). Maybe, these presentations differ, depending on ship or Hotel Manager. Whatever, it was very well done.

Edited by meterman2

When we received our 100 day Bronze Medallion, we were on a Noordam Caribbean cruise (11 day-2011) and the ceremony was held in the Queens Lounge. Our invitation requested formal dress and the event was very elegant. The Captain, Hotel manager and other officers were on hand. They provided wine and hor dourves and aside from the many who were receiving medallions (including one 500 day), other current medallions holders were invited to attend. Photos were taken with each recipient. There were about 40 Mariners in attendance. I was impressed.

Maybe, because there were so many recipients on this cruise, they conducted it separate from the Mariner Brunch (which was also conducted in two stages). Maybe, these presentations differ, depending on ship or Hotel Manager. Whatever, it was very well done.

For the last many years, most (some exceptions) HAL cruises have a pre Mariner Brunch Reception where Medallions are presented and photos of awardees and Medallion holders are taken with Hotel Director and Captain. I always enjoy the reception as I love to watch people reach their new Medallion Level.

Those photos are delivered (no cost) to each person and it is one of my favorite souvenirs from all my cruises.

One of our very favorite Medallion Receptions was held in the evening in Crows Nest with many officers present. Medallion Awardees and those who had Medallions were invited for a great cocktail party. Bar was hopping, lovely hors d'ouerves passed and we had a wonderful long chat with the Captain. It was about the best Mariners Parties ever. Never saw it before or since.

Edited by sail7seas