Anyone caught the Facebook question on the Azamara page?

dln929

I just logged into FB and a new Azamara question popped up on my page. Inasmuch as they asked the question before about which promotion we'd all prefer, there's a new one about which new DESTINATION we'd like Azamara to sail to. I'm sure Bonnie will be along with a proper poll so until then I won't give away the destinations that are on the list to choose from. ;) But that doesn't mean that we can't offer up some suggestions in the meantime! Me? I wouldn't mind if Azamara went to Alaska. I bet they could slip into some fjords that the big ships like Celebrity Solstice couldn't. And I can only imagine what a cool Azamazing Evening they'd think up with an Alaskan theme.

Edited by dln929

I just logged into FB and a new Azamara question popped up on my page. Inasmuch as they asked the question before about which promotion we'd all prefer, there's a new one about which new DESTINATION we'd like Azamara to sail to. I'm sure Bonnie will be along with a proper poll so until then I won't give away the destinations that are on the list to choose from. ;) But that doesn't mean that we can't offer up some suggestions in the meantime! Me? I wouldn't mind if Azamara went to Alaska. I bet they could slip into some fjords that the big ships like Celebrity Solstice couldn't. And I can only imagine what a cool Azamazing Evening they'd think up with an Alaskan theme.

Deirdre,

This subject was raised in the CC chat with Larry Pimentel last night and I think Bonnie will definitely be canvassing our views with a poll on our forum soon

Hazel

Deirdre,

This subject was raised in the CC chat with Larry Pimentel last night and I think Bonnie will definitely be canvassing our views with a poll on our forum soon

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

I thought it was very odd timing to ask where we want to go, as the 2016 schedule was just released. I wonder if they are considering tweaking any of the exisiting schedules.

My guess is, unless they are considering deployment changes... it's a way to get folks engaged in a meaningless discussion - at least for now.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Hazel,

I thought it was very odd timing to ask where we want to go, as the 2016 schedule was just released. I wonder if they are considering tweaking any of the exisiting schedules.

My guess is, unless they are considering deployment changes... it's a way to get folks engaged in a meaningless discussion - at least for now.

Or perhaps a head start on 2017s schedule?

Or perhaps a head start on 2017s schedule?

Probably not. Their deployment team is currently reconfiguring Quest's 2016 schedule, so I highly doubt 2017 is any priority at the moment.

Hi Hazel,

Do you know Andy, I thought the same.

What I did wonder later was where is the location of those 2016 charters?

Guess we'll have to wait and see

Do you know Andy, I thought the same.

What I did wonder later was where is the location of those 2016 charters?

Guess we'll have to wait and see

Hi Hazel,

You are right - we'll have to wait and see. When the adjusted schedule is released (hopefully, in about 2 weeks), I'm very curious to see how many Quest sailings are charters, and how many sailings will be open for public sale. IMO, that should be very interesting.

I wouldn't mind if Azamara went to Alaska. I bet they could slip into some fjords that the big ships like Celebrity Solstice couldn't. And I can only imagine what a cool Azamazing Evening they'd think up with an Alaskan theme.

I think it would be awesome if Azamara went to Alaska!

I heard they were doing work on the 2017 and 2018 schedules. I suppose there is so much to think about that the initial port research could be at least three years out so maybe it's not a marketing spin. It was a hard question to answer. With Celebrity now upping it's game re suites, I decided there were options in Alaska and New England. I could not choose between the rest as I want to go to them all!

Perhaps a Pacific Coast. I thought about the cruise last winter up the coast. I rejected it because it was sailing in February. In February, I want warm. I either take a Caribbean cruise or just fly into St. Martin...sometimes both. A Pacific Coast cruise would be nice in the spring or fall.....April or October? Perhaps a Hawaiian cruise. Just my thoughts.

Hi Hazel,

3rd ship enters the fleet in '17, thus looking for discussion on deployment schedules.....my guess.

Perhaps a Pacific Coast. I thought about the cruise last winter up the coast. I rejected it because it was sailing in February. In February, I want warm. I either take a Caribbean cruise or just fly into St. Martin...sometimes both. A Pacific Coast cruise would be nice in the spring or fall.....April or October? Perhaps a Hawaiian cruise. Just my thoughts.

We would love to do another Pacific Coast itinerary. We loved the late September San Francisco round trip we did on Celebrity Mercury years ago. We had perfect weather everywhere (Monterey, Los Angeles, San Diego, Ensenada, Catalina Island), and I agree we would never consider that in February.

We would also love to do Alaska on Azamara, also preferably a longer cruise round trip San Francisco like we did on Oceania Regatta in 2011 (14 nights).

Hi Dierdre, et.al.,

I've just posted the poll! It will be active for 7 days.

Don't forget to send in your comments on that thread as well. They will be read by Claudius, our Itinerary Planner, and others :)

Bonnie

p.s. to our Host Andy...maybe you should merge this thread (Did anyone catch...) to the poll thread? That way all the comments to date will be in one place.

p.s. to our Host Andy...maybe you should merge this thread (Did anyone catch...) to the poll thread? That way all the comments to date will be in one place.

Bonnie - tried to merge, did not work. I'd suggest everyone repost their comments on the Poll thread, then I will lock this thread tomorrow.

Edited by Host Andy