Who have you dined with that looks like or is a celebrity???

Embrace

We enjoyed our first ever cruise, and lucky that it was with Celebrity Solstice in March 2013 up and down Sunshine Coast of Australia and loved it! We dined Select Dining and loved the convenience of turning up when it suited us; but most of all we loved meeting people of all ages around the world.

One night we dined with a couple from Florida who looked like Liza Minnelli and Danny DeVito! I kid you not!!!!:D Spit and image!.

Now planning for our second cruise around top half of Australia on Solstice, it has me thinking.....

Who have you dined with that is/was or looked like a Celebrity????

Edited by Embrace
forgot the space between two words

We enjoyed our first ever cruise, and lucky that it was with Celebrity Solstice in March 2013 up and down Sunshine Coast of Australia and loved it! We dined Select Dining and loved the convenience of turning up when it suited us; but most of all we loved meeting people of all ages around the world.

One night we dined with a couple from Florida who looked like Liza Minnelli and Danny DeVito! I kid you not!!!!:D Spit and image!.

Now planning for our second cruise around top half of Australia on Solstice, it has me thinking.....

We once went on a cruise with a bunch of friends, one of which was single so he agreed to share a cabin with another passenger that booked similarly. I don't know if they still do this, it was on Carnival and many moons ago. Anyhow, his roommates name was Dewey. While we didn't hang out with Dewey all that much, he did join us a couple of times throughout the cruise for cocktails. So, after returning home, we were watching America's Most Wanted and guess who we saw? And....his name was Dewey....didn't even bother to change it for the cruise. Cannot even remember the crime he was accused of now....but still remember our friend bunked unknowingly with a fugitive. hahaha

We have met a number of "famous people" on our flights to/from cruises but none on the cruises themselves. Being realistic, most famous (generally wealthy) folks don't cruise on public cruise ships and if they do, they aren't booking on mass market lines. As far as look likes....sure...I even saw my own mother on one cruise (well after her death).

A related question with perhaps more response would be "who have you met while travelling who has an unusual job/hobby/....

We dined one night with a wonderful lady who was in charge of all the nurses in the US Army. We've also dined with a gentleman who did deep diving on oil rigs. It's one of the advantages of choosing select dining...you meet some fascinating people.

Years ago we were on a cruise in Tahiti. George Bush had just been elected president. My DH looked somewhat like him at the time and after a couple of days the whole crew (small ship) was calling him Mr President. It was so funny.

In 2005, I sailed across the TA with Ernest Borgnine and his wife Tova. No joke- he was on the Millenium doing a lecture series. I ran into Ernest all over the ship and he was as nice as could be. In 2007, I was on the QM2 and the actress Victoria Tennant (who was once married to Steve Martin) was on board. I went to pick my then 6 year old up from the youth program and she was reading stories to the kids. The following year, I was on Oceana Regatta and we were on the island of St. Bart's and who should stroll by but Steve Martin. In 2013 we did the Celebrity Solstice California Coastline cruise and at trivia I spotted someone "famous". He was the guy who does the Nationwide commercials. I asked him because his face was so familiar.

2136770343_MV5BMTU5NDE1NjY2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDE0MzM1._V1_SX214_CR00214317_AL_.jpg.31393dba904cc87d6bd98dec6d62d922.jpg

Victoria_Tennant_2010.jpg.7ad8a0590b3b23ea7c6950e60c1c98bc.jpg

nationwide.jpg.8b1a381274818aebfdb789f64272c43e.jpg

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

On Oasis in 2012 we dined at a Chef's dinner with a gentleman that could have passed as Barack Obama's double, except he had more gray in his hair(at the time...not so anymore). He mentioned it before any of us in the room did because we were all thinking it. And then went on to explain that not only was he NOT Barack but he completely disagreed with his politics and did not like the resemblance he shared!! HA!:eek:

Edited by Gracie115

In 23 cruises we have only once tried a specialty dining restaurant, the Tuscan Grill on Celebrity Constellation last year. Joe Pesci was at the table next to us in a group of 6 I think it was. Our waiter tipped us off before we had even noticed.

Terry

We have met a number of "famous people" on our flights to/from cruises but none on the cruises themselves. Being realistic, most famous (generally wealthy) folks don't cruise on public cruise ships and if they do, they aren't booking on mass market lines.

Not necessarily true. Regis Philban was on one of my Celebrity cruises. Richard Roundtree and Patrick Swayze were on another.

But, aren't we all celebrities on Celebrity?

Well I eat most of my meals with a celebrity look alike, everywhere we go, even other countries, he is asked if he has ever been told he looks like Brad Pitt. Sometimes it is random other celebrities like Guy Pierce. It drives him bananas and embarrasses him, I tell him he ought to be happy about it, I never get mistaken for some gorgeous celebrity:(

We did see Nicolette Sheridan in a very long customs/immigration line at DFW, she came off as very snotty (and no I didn't try to talk to her but I think she heard me ask my husband if that was the lady from Desperate Housewives)

Edited by wednesday

We were on Solstice with Steve Doocy - from the FOX national news. We stepped onto an elevator where it was him, his wife, my husband and myself. We all smiled and said hello but we of course let it drop. There is no way I'm intruding on someone's personal vacation time by saying anything. I did shop the Louis Vuitton store in Atlanta while Elton John was doing the same. :D I also was going through security in an airport with Meg Ryan.

KC and the Sunshine Band on the Zenith in 2003, we sailed from pier 91 in NYC.

KC himself spent over $25,000 at one of the Art auctions :eek: Go figure .....

Srpilo

Edited by srpilo

You are lucky you just had the Danny DeVito look alike. Met the real one many years ago. He was filming a movie down the street from where I used to work. We used to go down there at lunch and watch them film. Rude nasty little runt. On the other hand Gregory Peck who was also in the film was the nicest man you could meet , very gracious to the people

My wife is a dead ringer for Julia Roberts, and I have frequently been mistaken for George Clooney. I've even signed a requested autograph with his name after I was accused of being a snob because I denied it.

Oh, I forgot, while in Bistro on Five on Infinity 2012, Anthony Bordain walked by. At first, I thought I had just been seeing things until it was announced that Top Chef would be on board that ship. So I think Bordain was there on a little tour/ pre show business trip. He was only there as far as I know while the ship was docked in Victoria BC.

Paula Deen does Celebrity cruises too.

sightings4.jpg.493cb567e40a4f65f3a1b510a40d9a0d.jpg

My friend was on Carnival two years ago and Star Jones was on board with her family and her little Maltese dog....who she had with her as a "service dog" I also heard that Carrie Fisher was on board a cruise doing her comedy routine with her "service" dog who, went to the bathroom on stage....I know there's a video of it somewhere.

We were on Silhouette in June and on one of our stops in Santorini we met Mike Barker anchor of Big Ten news in Dallas.He was the reporter who covered the baby Jesica in the well story. Ver nice man.

Our waiter on Adventure of the Seas looked just like Derek Jeter. About 10 years later, we mentioned this to crew on another ship and they knew exactly who we were talking about. We were told that everyone just called him Derek now, instead of his real name.

In my younger, and much skinnier days, I was told many times that I resembled Sandra Bullock. No resemblance anymore - she has aged so much better than I have.

My daughter frequently gets told that she looks like Kate Middleton. (One of her elderly clients once told her that she looks like the Queen of England - of course she meant Kate not the Queen, but it's a running joke in our family every time we see a photo of Queen Elizabeth.)

My wife is a dead ringer for Julia Roberts, and I have frequently been mistaken for George Clooney. I've even signed a requested autograph with his name after I was accused of being a snob because I denied it.

Living in Middletown are you next to BonJovi...

In the 90s it was reported that Regis sailed a number of times on Celebrity. It was ironic because at the time his co-host was Kathy Lee Gifford and she was doing all those Carnival commercials. Everyone said Regis was very nice.

Edited by dkjretired

In the 90s it was reported that Regis sailed a number of times on Celebrity. It was ironic because at the time his co-host was Kathy Lee Gifford and she was doing all those Carnival commercials. Everyone said Regis was very nice.

We've sailed twice with Regis and his wife Joy on two Crystal cruises and both were totally and completely obnoxious, so much so, that Crystal received so many complaints from passengers that I doubt Crystal would ever allow them on board again---Regis was on board as a guest speaker.