MSC divina boarding problems

goldencruiser

Hello all,

They are saying that there was an gas leak in the terminal, so they pushed everyone to the other terminal in Miami so then waited there for a half hour until they moved us back to the outside of the normal terminal, after waiting outside for another half hour, they started letting us in the terminal. We are currently in the terminal and checked in but people are still getting off the ship at 2:30pm! Also the terminal is at capacity so they are making people stand outside. The worst part of this whole thing was there was no information at all given, and I feel MSC lost customers before they even got on board. Also, we needed a wheelchair for boarding and because MSC was of no help, we had to find one ourselves.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hello all,

They are saying that there was an gas leak in the terminal, so they pushed everyone to the other terminal in Miami so then waited there for a half hour until they moved us back to the outside of the normal terminal, after waiting outside for another half hour, they started letting us in the terminal. We are currently in the terminal and checked in but people are still getting off the ship at 2:30pm! Also the terminal is at capacity so they are making people stand outside. The worst part of this whole thing was there was no information at all given, and I feel MSC lost customers before they even got on board. Also, we needed a wheelchair for boarding and because MSC was of no help, we had to find one ourselves.

How is this MSC's fault??? You can not board the ship until she is cleared by the Port Authority. Divina just returned from Brazil, so customs might be slow,,you really can't tell, but don't blame the cruise line,,,blame the Port Authority.

Already looking forward to the negative reviews!! Can't Wait!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

Sorry to hear you're being inconvenienced. Don't suppose gas leaks are an everyday occurrence for the authorities to cope with, nor would they want people in the terminal if it wasn't safe.

As Mike says, this situation isn't MSC's fault and if you've already turned off them for something happening in the port of Miami, it may be better if you go straight home and avoid getting onboard.

This is MSC fault due to the horrible way they are dealing with the situation there has been absolutely no communication from the ship. Now there are some people with medical problems so paramedics are now here.

I am sitting here at the cruise terminal. On the floor. Definitely an unusual situation. I completely understand that a gas leak is very serious business, and for everyone's safety, no one was allowed off the ship, and the cruise terminal was evacuated. It's an inconvenience, it's part of life. Better safe than sorry.

I think everyone's biggest gripe is that there has been zero information imparted to the waiting passengers. No word from MSC. No word from the port authority. No signs, no announcements. Zilch. From a customer service perspective it is not being handled well at all. Even when we were given our cruise cards upon check-in, the agent had no idea what was going on.

Still looking forward to our cruise once we finally make it on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was a gas leak, they evacuated one terminal. After about an hour they let us back in the terminal. They have not been able to get all the previous cruise passengers through customs. The police are here trying to help by moving them off the ship. This is a zoo. It is not MSC fault , but they have 4000 very frustrated passengers waiting to board at 3:20

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is ugly, MSC needs to start damage control now

Ehhhh,,,MSC's hands are tied by the Port Authority though Michelle. Do I think it's in MSC's best interest to make an announcement as to the reason for the delays?

Yes,,but in all reality MSC just leases the terminal from The Port Of Miami and has nothing to do with the problems with the terminal or customs trying to clear those passengers disembarking the ship. Please don't let one unfortunate incident dictate the rest of your vacation.:)

It is now 4pm. Been here since 11:30. One miscommunication after another. Nearly got arrested. Because I spoke up! No help at all, fire rescue came numerous times because of medical issues with the waiting. We were at security at 11:30 but then they evacuated the terminal. My wife with a broken vertabrae and I have had to walk between terminal F and G numerous times. NO ONE AT SPECIALL NEEDS CHECK IN!

What a disaster. This is our 3rd time on MSC never has it been like this. My party of 8 is discussed and just wants to go home.

We've been circling to and from the port as it is obvious that thousands are waiting outside for 4-5 hours. Security told us to enjoy seeing Miami rather than wait.

The problem is that there is no MSC staff managing the situation. In addition, there has been no communication from MSC. They have our email addresses and the first I learned of the itinerary change was this forum -- just in time to change my excursions which included a non-refundable resort day that took me 30 minutes on the phone with the resort to get cancelled.

The issue here is communication, not control over the situation.

Would someone who is in the terminal post when they actually start boarding so those of us outside know what is happening? Thanks in advance!!! If MSC isnt going to communicate perhaps we can take care of it ourselves :-)

Edited by idratherbskiing
Small addition..

Has the ship been cleared through customs yet?

A long time ago, I was on a ship that we got off late because a few selfish passengers had illegal drugs. If that is the case, it is the previous passengers fault.

I hope the Port Authority/law enforcement will make an annoucement soon.

If people are out in the heat, air conditioned facilities should be provided.

Enjoy your cruise when you finally board. I hope everything goes better on the 9th for all you and us as we will be boarding.

There was no organization on boarding. They did not go by numbers! People were running everywhere. What a mess!

Wait until the videos are posted! People were walking around taking videos so they could post how bad it was. MSC is making announcements once you get on board, but people are furios.

She'll be leaving at 9:00pm. Wondering if she is waiting for this new storm over the Bahamas to move a littletwo_atl_0d0.png

Thanks. Very possible the reason for delay. So sorry to hear of the trouble passengers had today. Sure starts a trip off on a sour note. MSC had situations beyond their control. I'm sure they had their hands full trying to take care of upset pax on board, missing flights, etc. not to mention all the hot and hungry pax waiting to board. Just glad we were not part of it.