Luggage Tag?

How can I order luggage tags? Do I need to be booked in a suite to do so? I have searched the RCI site and cannot find my answer. I knew someone here would be able to help. Thanks
Approximately 49 days before your docs will be issued, when they are you will be able to print paper tags.

How can I order luggage tags? Do I need to be booked in a suite to do so? I have searched the RCI site and cannot find my answer. I knew someone here would be able to help. Thanks

Only those staying in suites (GS or higher) or PC members can order luggage tags. Otherwise at 49 days when your edocs become available you can print them out. You can always get them at the pier from the porters.

No way in a gazillion years would I pay $35 for luggage tags. I print them out from my e-travel docs and put them in my luggage tag holders I bought from serendipity. They were very inexpensive and they work great.

No way in a gazillion years would I pay $35 for luggage tags. I print them out from my e-travel docs and put them in my luggage tag holders I bought from serendipity. They were very inexpensive and they work great.

You are actually paying $35 for your edocs to be in a special spiral binder like they use to be. Luggage Tags are thrown in at no extra charge!!:D

This is our first cruise on RCCL and was surprised that luggage tags are not sent.

After looking thru posts, I printed my tags out on photo paper and ordered the tag holders from Cruise Critic.

I figured we will have these tags for a long time (I ordered 4 and believe with shipping it was $12.00.)

I assume other lines will soon follow suit, so I figured $12 is a lot less then $35, but did not want to wait to get tags at the port.

Barb

This is our first cruise on RCCL and was surprised that luggage tags are not sent.

After looking thru posts, I printed my tags out on photo paper and ordered the tag holders from Cruise Critic.

I figured we will have these tags for a long time (I ordered 4 and believe with shipping it was $12.00.)

I assume other lines will soon follow suit, so I figured $12 is a lot less then $35, but did not want to wait to get tags at the port.

Barb

I have never needed tag holders. I've always followed the instructions of how to fold and staple the luggage tags and they are very secure. If flying, I would print out and then give to porter at ship to secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Barb

Barb, you will love your CC plastic tag holders. I use them for the departure tags as well. Our luggage is always where they say it will be.

Edited by cruisenfever

Here is a $1.50 solution. Print your tags. Cut them out. Fold them over. Take them to Staples, Office Max, etc. have them placed on one laminating sheet and laminated. Cut them out leaving some plastic around the border. Punch a single hole, with a single hole punch, in one corner. Affix to your luggage with a plastic zip tie. Total cost...$1.50. We cruise 8 weeks a year, always do this, and they never come off or tear lose.

Edited by DShock

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity use narrower tags than Carnival, Princess. So, if you're interested in other lines, it may be better to order the wider holders. It's better to print them out ahead of time, because it can be chaotic at the pier. On our last Alaska cruise, no one, including the Royal reps knew what to do. People were clustered around the luggage tag table thinking it was for signing seapass cards.

Edited by knittinggirl

Here is a $1.50 solution. Print your tags. Cut them out. Fold them over. Take them to Staples, Office Max, etc. have them placed on one laminating sheet and laminated. Cut them out leaving some plastic around the border. Punch a single hole, with a single hole punch, in one corner. Affix to your luggage with a plastic zip tie. Total cost...$1.50. We cruise 8 weeks a year, always do this, and they never come off or tear lose.

The current price for the CC tags are $9.50 for 4 and they can be used over and over again. Can be used when you board the ship and when you disembark the ship when going home.

If you are spending $1.50 for each cruise that's $12.00. When you add up the time it will takes you to do what you are doing and the cost of the zip ties, are you really saving any money?

Edited by cruisenfever

How does this work? Is there something on the website, or?

(Booked first GS, but don't sail until next year).

Once your edocs are issued at 49 days a button will appear to order luggage tags. You'll receive them in about a week.