Purchasing soda package online

hlperez

The good news for those of us in Canada is that if you booking is in Cdn$, then any purchases you make proper to departure (e.g. soda cards, coffee cards, internet minutes) will be billed in Cdn$ rather than US$.

yes, you pay in cdn but with a 10% markup. some are slipping by but here's the 'fine print' from the bottom of the form:

"Gifts are subject to availability. All prices are quoted in USD and are subject to change without notice".

My booking is in Cdn$ and I paid the 10% exchange when I ordered them yesterday.

My booking is in Cdn$ and I paid the 10% exchange when I ordered them yesterday.

Interesting. That didn't happen to me last December when I pre-ordered internet minutes, coffee card, roses, and soda cards for our last cruise. I was charged the prices as listed on the website at the time but in Canadian dollars.

Of course, the Canadian dollar was doing a little better last December.

Oh well.

Wonder if anyone can help please. Also looking at purchasing the soda package, but don't fancy sitting in a restaurant with a plastic cup on the table. Will they serve the soft drinks in a glass at dinner? Noticed someone commented about a sticker for your ID card. Does that show what package you have purchased? :confused:

You don't need to use the plastic tumbler at all. We never even opened ours and brought them home untouched. All of our mocktails & sodas indoors were served in glass glasses. By the pool, our sodas were served in large plastic glasses. The ID sticker does show what package you purchased. The ultimate soda & more package is a UKP sticker (it used to be called Ultimate Kid's Package).

Yeah...OP, don't be one of those people that walk around with the plastic tumbler. I have quite the collection of "still in the shrink-wrap" tumblers. I always just flash my cruise card and ask for a large diet coke... who wants to schlepp that tumbler around the ship?? :)

Who has a fax machine anymore? Seriously this part of the booking process just pisses me off.

I do. And I find it very convenient. I also have two printers that can do the job, but my trusty old Brother fax is still going strong.

Many, many printers are combo printer/scan/copier/fax and they are very reasonable. :) You can also call to order.

Lots of combo Fax/printer/scanners like Pam said. :)

I do. And I find it very convenient. I also have two printers that can do the job, but my trusty old Brother fax is still going strong.

Or use a free Internet FAX sender.

I don't even have a home phone line anymore but that's not even the point.

This is 2014, faxes are ancient obsolete technology. This is the world of online ordering of everything. I can book my cruise and excursions totally online. I think it's time for Princess to step out of the 90's and join modern times.

Can someone clarify, please: if you pre-order UKP (or any drink package), my understanding is that you have to pay tax on it. If you buy it on the ship in international waters, it's not taxed. Is that correct?

Can someone clarify, please: if you pre-order UKP (or any drink package), my understanding is that you have to pay tax on it. If you buy it on the ship in international waters, it's not taxed. Is that correct?

The UKP is the exact same price if you pre-order it or buy it onboard.

Where can I buy a coffee card (does this include espresso)? How much is it?

You can purchase the coffee card at the International Café or the Lobby Bar:

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

If purchasing in advance it's $31 & onboard it will cost you $33.35 ($29+15% tip).

Edited by Astro Flyer

One word of caution for those whose native currency isn't the $USD. I pre-ordered two Soda packages a Coffee card and some in room gifts prior to departure over the phone with Princess.

When I received my debit card statement I was shocked at the absolutely appalling $ to £ currency conversion rate that Princess had applied (note Princess did the conversion and not my bank as I queried this) which meant I ended up losing out by approximately £20. Just another sting for us UK cruisers!

It is absolutely no hassle at all buying the cards when on board and there are stations set up all over the place on the first day or so to buy them.

Do this rather than pre-purchasing if you don't use $USD.

Now if Princess can just get specialty restaurant, Winemaker, and Chef's Table reservations, along with Sanctuary and Enclave visits online!

Here's an idea about the library...turn it into a bookstore, and also offer free access to Kindle/Amazon/iTunes book downloads.

• 2 months later...
What do the current soda package stickers look like?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What to the cups look like? Are the coffee and soda cups one in the same? Or do I need to haul the hubby's favorite coffee mug cross country? (Anyone with pictures?) Did the mug come free with the purchase of coffee card anyone who sailed recently? It would be nice to have an ultimate soda and coffee card. Hubby start the morning with coffee and finishes with soda ;)

Can you also pre purchase the Unlimited Drink Package and have it ready to go when you board? I've never purchased it before so I don't know for sure how it works. TIA!!

If you read the posts at the beginning (on the 1st page) of this thread, you'll find your answers.

They only referred to the Soda Package. I'm asking about the Unlimited pkg which includes alcohol.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

If you scroll down you'll find the drink package is available to pre-book.

Edited by canadarocks