Warwick Long Bay vs. Horseshoe Bay - Comparison Please?

MarieF4861

I have visited Horseshoe Bay several times and, while it is beautiful, would like to avoid the crowds this time and try a new beach. Can anyone who has been to both please provide a comparison between the two.

Also, is it as easily accessible by bus as Horseshoe Bay? And, I have heard there is a path that connects several beaches. Where exactly is this and how long would it take to walk from Warwick to Horseshoe?

Thanks.

Warwick is more wide-open and less crowded than Horseshoe with it's rocky coves. You can take bus #7 to both beaches. To walk to Warwick from Horseshoe, head toward the rocky area at the end of Horseshoe Bay and up to the path that will get you there in 15 min or so.

Taking the path from Horseshoe is good, but be prepared for no amenities. And watch out for Bermuda ants on the sand. The beaches that connect from Horsehoe are Amazingingly beautiful if you are willing to walk. We rented chairs at horseshoe and packed them to our site..

Enjoy

Taking the path from Horseshoe is good, but be prepared for no amenities. And watch out for Bermuda ants on the sand. The beaches that connect from Horsehoe are Amazingingly beautiful if you are willing to walk. We rented chairs at horseshoe and packed them to our site..

Enjoy

So, would it be better to start at Warwick and walk to Horseshoe? That way, I will end in a place that has restrooms and amenities. I am assuming that this path is in the sand but not along the shoreline? If I want to walk from Warwick to Horseshoe, how will I know which direction to walk in?

So, would it be better to start at Warwick and walk to Horseshoe? That way, I will end in a place that has restrooms and amenities. I am assuming that this path is in the sand but not along the shoreline? If I want to walk from Warwick to Horseshoe, how will I know which direction to walk in?

When on Warwick looking out to the sea turn right to walk to Horseshoe. :)

The beginning of the path at Warwick Long Bay is in sand dunes, not really close to the water. At one point, you walk across a macadam parking lot and then it turns into a sandy, sometimes grassy, path that is up above the beach. On the sand dune part of it, you can stop at the smaller beaches of Jobson's Cove, Stonehole Bay and Chaplin Bay. It's not possible to walk the whole way in the sand at the water's edge since there are outcroppongs of rock that you can't get around. There is at least one glorified porta potty along the way, no running water but there were bottles of hand sanitizer.

WLB is our favorite beach on BDM, we enjoy staying across the street and walking there. There has been a food truck there for several years but limited amenities have kept the crowds at bay. I love laying on the pink sand and watching the Longtails dart among the cliffs searching for food. Jobson's Cove is also right there, a pretty little cove with very calm water. The walk to WLB from the road is shorter but steeper.

Marie, my question to you would be why do you need to go to HSB when you have beautiful WLB? Just a gorgeous, long beach with beautiful views and much less crowded.

Edited by blue_water

WLB is our favorite beach on BDM, we enjoy staying across the street and walking there. There has been a food truck there for several years but limited amenities have kept the crowds at bay. I love laying on the pink sand and watching the Longtails dart among the cliffs searching for food. Jobson's Cove is also right there, a pretty little cove with very calm water. The walk to WLB from the road is shorter but steeper.

Marie, my question to you would be why do you need to go to HSB when you have beautiful WLB? Just a gorgeous, long beach with beautiful views and much less crowded.

Good question! I guess I was thinking, seeing the beaches in between might be nice and, eventually, one of us might need to use a restroom! Porta Potty - not very appealing. LOL! Thanks for the info!

Good question! I guess I was thinking, seeing the beaches in between might be nice and, eventually, one of us might need to use a restroom! Porta Potty - not very appealing. LOL! Thanks for the info!

lol...good answer! Yes restrooms are good but they attract the crowds. Staying across from the beach we can get by without the nicer facilities but that's not the case for a day trip there.

But do enjoy WLB and Jobson's Cove early when no one is there except folks staying nearby and end your day at HSB, you'll love it.

Many thanks blue_water and others for the info. Leave on Thursday. Only in Bermuda for one day and want to make the most of it!

Aah, too bad you don't have more time there, but at least you have the chance to enjoy it for a day.

Happy cruising!

The beginning of the path at Warwick Long Bay is in sand dunes, not really close to the water.

So if we wanted to do the reverse walk to Horseshoe Bay from Warwick, is the beginning of the path obvious, even if we do need to walk in sand dunes? I'm thinking we might go to Warwick first and swim and then walk over to Horseshoe Bay.

If you can come to terms with the lack of facilities at WLB, you might consider starting early at HSB to avoid the crowds. Then work your way through the coves and over to WLB.

With the elimination of the special buses it may be much easier to catch the #7 bus from WLB and avoid the lines at HSB.

If you can come to terms with the lack of facilities at WLB, you might consider starting early at HSB to avoid the crowds. Then work your way through the coves and over to WLB.

With the elimination of the special buses it may be much easier to catch the #7 bus from WLB and avoid the lines at HSB.

Or for the short time there just enjoy the heck out of WLB and JC, really no need to spend time at HSB. But that would be a great day when staying on the island and you get to HSB after everyone has left to get back to the ship. Warwick just offers the natural beauty that draws us back.

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Warwick Long Bay last week and it was indeed as beautiful as those here have described. The bus must have dropped as off past the main entrance however, as we had to walk down a steep incline to get to the beach. We were the only people there. We walked down a little further and found the steps to the beach (which we used on our return) and the lunch truck. About 8-10 people at that location. Walked over to Jobson's Cove as well - just to see it. Did not do the beach walk since it appeared that rain was threatening. Luckily, the rain held off unitl we got back to the ship!

Visited Warwick Long Bay last week and it was indeed as beautiful as those here have described. The bus must have dropped as off past the main entrance however, as we had to walk down a steep incline to get to the beach. We were the only people there. We walked down a little further and found the steps to the beach (which we used on our return) and the lunch truck. About 8-10 people at that location. Walked over to Jobson's Cove as well - just to see it. Did not do the beach walk since it appeared that rain was threatening. Luckily, the rain held off unitl we got back to the ship!

Nice. Glad you enjoyed WLB and JC.

We can't wait to go back next year!

Did you use the #7 bus?

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day