What do you do on your balcony ?

Adayatatime

I love coffee and fruit in the morning when we plan our day. I agree it's nice to read and relax out there, too. We dry our swim suits, too using clothes pins on the chairs so nothing blows away.

Best moment was a morning that people" talking" on other balconies woke us up and we were able to see the Pitons up close as we pulled into St Lucia. We'll be there in September but are on the port side so I guess we'll get up early and go up to the starboard side decks. It was misty and beautiful!

Champagne on the balcony at sailaway. Watching the stars at night. Relaxing in the afternoon with a coffee after a port visit waiting for cast off. Reading in the shade or just listening to the sound of the sea. Watching arrival into port in the morning. Enjoying room service breakfast on the balcony.

We make good use of a balcony. :D

Now I don't have to post this :D Back when I smoked and it was ok to do so I loved having coffee in the a.m. on the balcony. Late night especially...the sound is so peaceful.

We originally got balconies because I was a smoker. I quit that almost 2 years ago, but will always get a balcony. I am an early bird so I get up early and bring breakfast back for my wife to eat on the balcony. I enjoy sitting out on the balcony reading or just napping. The last few cruises, we have been able to get aft balconies and I just love that view!

Some great ideas to convince my DH that we need to upgrade. With a teenage DD who will be out til the curfew, I really want somewhere so we can sit and relax but be in the room a little before her awaiting her safe return. He would rather spend the extra money on an extra cruise for just the two of us.

I guess the answer is we just need more money :D

I can take any room anywhere on the ship. Wife loves a balcony, so if the price is right, I'll do it up. But it can't be too much more than a non-balcony room. That's $$$ better spent elsewhere. Our next cruise is with another couple, and for the first time we've chosen adjoining rooms (Non connecting though) and we went with balcony cabins, so we can open the divider and have a nice place to hang out together away from the hustle and bustle.

I think balconies are ok and we do use it a bit when we have one but we can easily do without one. However, if they had loungers on them I'd probably appreciate it a lot more. As it is even when we have one we usually end up on the sun deck or solarium where we can get a lounger to sprawl out and take a nap.

Heh heh, this thread is much more G-rated than I was expecting. :D

After 2 cruises in aft balconies, I don't know if I could do an interior cabin--I've been really spoiled. Sitting on the lounger reading a book and watching the wake is absolutely amazing. I love going out early in the morning and right before bed at night and just looking out at the ocean. We usually sit out on the balcony during sailaway with our friends drinking wine. I know that a lot of people say that you don't spend much time in your cabins on cruises, but I'm definitely an exception--a balcony is a must-have for me.

First two cruises were on NCL with a balcony each time. Will cruise RCCL Allure for 1st time at end of this month with a hump balcony - hoping for the same balcony experience! It means fewer cruises but a balcony has become a must for us....

All from our balcony:

Alaska: Glaciers, whales, bears, sunrise, sunset, hot chocolate, the cold, the warmth, the rush of the sea, the quiet of the sea, entering and leaving ports with just awesome views, chatting with our balcony neighbors.

Western Med: sunrise, sunset, amazing beautiful ports, passing ship lights in the night, starry, starry nights, the quiet of the sea, waking up and falling asleep to the sound of the sea, breakfast on the balcony, a place for quiet reflection and conversation after a busy port day.

I love watching us pull into port from our balcony! I order room service coffee and stay in my pajamas and enjoy the sunrise while DH sleeps. And DH loves sitting under the stars at night while I layout the things we need for the next day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Champagne for sail away, port arrivals and departures, breakfasts, mimosas and bloody Marys. Watching dolphins on our Hawaii cruise, before bedtime cocktails. Hanging out with my lovely wife. I have never sailed in less than a Jr. Suite, don't intended too.