Freedom going to San Juan question

anyone know why they changed to eastern route in september leaving off St Thomas and going to San Juan instead? Its not a bad thing as we have been to St Thomas at least 3 times just wondered if their was a reason

anyone know why they changed to eastern route in september leaving off St Thomas and going to San Juan instead? Its not a bad thing as we have been to St Thomas at least 3 times just wondered if their was a reason

We have been speculating (those of us with '15 Freedom cruises) There is a bit of a dry dock occuring in Jan 15 and they may have made a few schedule changes to work with whatever work is being done. Freedom is shown keeping its normal routine through 15 with a few exceptions.

Edited by BillOh

I'm curious if something is going on in St. Thomas preventing ships from docking there as Disney is also dropping St. Thomas in favor of San Juan starting sometime in November. (Sad as I've never been to St. Thomas but have loved my sister's pictures from there. Not overly thrilled with San Juan personally.)

I'd figured it was just Disney, but if other lines are dropping St. Thomas...

We (the Sept. 7 cruise) were supposed to go to St. Thomas originally. I haven't been able to find out why we changed but hope to do so when we get on the ship. It kind of messed up our plans:(. I haven't looked to see if it might be port congestion but I doubt that is the cause.:rolleyes:

We (the Sept. 7 cruise) were supposed to go to St. Thomas originally. I haven't been able to find out why we changed but hope to do so when we get on the ship. It kind of messed up our plans:(. I haven't looked to see if it might be port congestion but I doubt that is the cause.:rolleyes:

You've reminded me of the posts about this before our January cruise. I wonder how those ended up; there were many people wondering where they were actually going, because either things changed OR the Royal website was sloppy.

I voted for sloppy, because I had a printed brochure with all the 2014 cruises in it (I have since gotten rid of it, I believe) and there were very clear distinctions in that as to where each cruise was going. I felt that the website had lost track and therefore the reps couldn't state for absolutely sure. And I was wondering what would happen when people actually got on their cruises that were supposed to go to Thomas but then it was being shown that they were going to SJ instead. Wondered what the REST of the story would be.

But if that's still going on...maybe it was actually a change.

We are going Sept 7 and it goes to san juan, also sept 21 is going there too but it goes back to st thomas in october so I dont think is a port thing. strange just two sailings are different

Sept 21 is going to St Thomas, not San Juan

I have seen some strange changes in the Freedoms itineraries also.. We are looking at a western Caribbean cruise the first week of Feb (right after the speculated dry dock) and instead of going to Labadee, the itinerary says it is going to Cococay. I'd be interested to know if it is just so we have more options or another reason...