South Beach hotel for 1 night post cruise

crazycruzer68

I have looked over and over and just keeping more confused, help!!

We are 4 ladies traveling and will be staying Oct. 11th. We would like something oceanfront but would like to be near shopping and people watching. I had been told to on to Lincoln Road, is that close to the oceanfront hotels? Any recommendations?

We are 4 ladies traveling and will be staying Oct. 11th. We would like something oceanfront but would like to be near shopping and people watching. I had been told to on to Lincoln Road, is that close to the oceanfront hotels? Any recommendations?

No, Lincoln Road is east to west and oceanfront is north to south.

You want Collins Avenue above 14th Street. Lincoln Road Mall and Washington is where the shopping is located. The area I gave you is close to both.

Be prepared to spend at least $300 for that Saturday night in October . . . if you want a solid location.

If you are feeling risky, Hotwire has a 4 star, 4 out of 5 trip owl rating for that date for $256 in the ideal location that Blue Herons was talking about. Put 4 people to the room and search Miami Beach. The hotel should pop up and the last person who gambled got the Sagamore . . . 1671 Collins Avenue. Total after taxes ends up around $330 with the resort fee . . . but the location can't be beat as Lincoln road shopping is under a 5 minute walk and you are on the beach. For one night, you may as well splurge a little and this really isn't a bad price considering time of year and a Saturday night.

The Sagamore goes for $293.20 excl. the $17 resort fee at Travelpony, currently with their TPSAVINGS coupon. Or for $287.00 excl. resort fee with their free $35 referral credit which comes in a coupon code.

Sagamore, the Art Hotel

Oct 11, 2014 to Oct 12, 2014

2 Adults

Room

Standard Suite - 1 Bed ........$288.00

Promo Code: TPSAVINGS -$28.80 (or the -35, seems limited to one code)

Taxes and Fees .................$34.00

Sub-Total USD .................$293.20 (or $287)

I can't recommend on the hotel, only did a price check for you. More hotels on Travelpony, some cheap Ocean Drive ones but again, can't recommend from experience on SoBe hotels but BH and others will and can. :)

LMT.com has the Loew's for $312.11 for 4 adults. It's a great hotel, right on the beach and the perfect location for walking to everything. It's been a few years since I have stayed here, but we always did love it.

they also have the James Royal Palm for $245.07. Excellent hotel and location. I have a friend that stays here all the time and just loves it.

I have stayed at the Sagamore. It is right on the beach and within walking distance to Lincoln Road where there are tons of restaurants and shops. It's the perfect location. Our room had a bedroom and living room with a sleeper sofa and also a small kitchen.(not that we did any cooking!)

The Sagamore goes for $293.20 excl. the $17 resort fee at Travelpony, currently with their TPSAVINGS coupon. Or for $287.00 excl. resort fee with their free $35 referral credit which comes in a coupon code.

Sagamore, the Art Hotel

Oct 11, 2014 to Oct 12, 2014

2 Adults

Room

Standard Suite - 1 Bed ........$288.00

Promo Code: TPSAVINGS -$28.80 (or the -35, seems limited to one code)

Taxes and Fees .................$34.00

Sub-Total USD .................$293.20 (or $287)

I can't recommend on the hotel, only did a price check for you. More hotels on Travelpony, some cheap Ocean Drive ones but again, can't recommend from experience on SoBe hotels but BH and others will and can. :)

The problem is that this is only a room for two people and the OP needs a room for four.

In most cases, South Beach hotel rooms are very small and a room for four adults is an upgrade and much more expensive than a room for two.

The problem is that this is only a room for two people and the OP needs a room for four.

In most cases, South Beach hotel rooms are very small and a room for four adults is an upgrade and much more expensive than a room for two.

Yes, one has to be careful of that. But when we stayed at Sagamore we had a room with a king bed and a sofa bed so it would actually work for 4 people.

Yes, one has to be careful of that. But when we stayed at Sagamore we had a room with a king bed and a sofa bed so it would actually work for 4 people.

I definitely wouldn't book anything on South Beach w/o putting "4 guests" in the search field. You can luck out of course, but hotels use that to their advantage to charge extra fees also or even try to strong arm you into another room.

I use Priceline often for rooms for just me or me and my wife . . . when I have to book for non couples or more than 2, I always use Hotwire because at least I can put 4 adults in the search field.

There is a reason why the Sagamore is showing up when they put 2 guests on Travel Pony but not when they put 4 guests . . . even though they have rooms that fit 4 people. Plus the room that is showing up for 2 guests clearly states 1 bed while the one on Hotwire that shows up when you put 4 people call it a Suite.

No way I'd chance the room without putting the correct amount of people on the reservation. Not on South Beach on a Saturday night . . . good luck with that.

Edited by kdawg954

There is a reason why the Sagamore is showing up when they put 2 guests on Travel Pony but not when they put 4 guests . . . even though they have rooms that fit 4 people. Plus the room that is showing up for 2 guests clearly states 1 bed while the one on Hotwire that shows up when you put 4 people call it a Suite.

No way I'd chance the room without putting the correct amount of people on the reservation. Not on South Beach on a Saturday night . . . good luck with that.

That is true. Plus, most hotels then charge extra for every adult over 2 in a room.

The hotels that I did put up before were for 4 people so either of those should work.

South Beach hotels don't do this to rip people off. The reason is that the majority of the hotels in South Beach were built from th 1930s-1950s and hotel rooms then were very small.

When developers went in and renovated these structures, it was way too costly to reconfigure the entire hotel to make bigger hotel rooms and bathrooms so the developers left the rooms the size they were and the result is most South Beach hotel rooms are tiny.

A standard room in South Beach is only for two people. A room for four is usually an upgrade to a suite.

Edited by BlueHerons