Why all the Vision of the Seas negativity?

I really appreciate this thread! The hubster and I are going on our first cruise ever on Vision on 9/29-10/4. It will encompass both our yearly vacation and our anniversary. I'll admit to being discouraged after we booked it in the past months reading all of the negative reviews but after reading Janes b2b review plus everything on this thread, I feel better. Tell me, do you still think we'll have a great experience with only our ocean view and not a suite or balcony?

We had an inside on our first cruise and loved it. The cruise will be what you make of it. Go in expecting a great experience, and that's what it will be.

We would book the ship again without hesitation.

Thanks for posting your experience. I'm glad you gave so many details. It gives me a better idea of what to expect. It's nice to hear about the crew being so visible. Happy cruising wherever you go!

Oh....what a great idea!!!! Thank you for starting this!

As someone said ....I'm currently writing a review for our recent B2B.

Hi Jane!

I've been following along with your review. I'm glad you found my thread. Isn't it great that so many people have had positive experiences on the VOS! It makes me even more excited about our cruise next year!

Jim

Edited by JimAOk1945

Apparently the negativity for Vision or any ship is because when something goes wrong, many people say it. When something goes right, we expect it and don't normally go out of our way to say anything at all.

Gina

Gina,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and observations! I agree with you 100%

We just got back from a short four night cruise on the Vision of the Seas, in a great stern Junior Suite with a wrap around deck (8088). We have cruised on many vision class ships and we really like the upgrades on the Vision, and thought RC had done an excellent job. The crew was good to excellent, and we had a great cruise. The only issue we had was leaving the ship in the first wave, too much congestion on Deck 4 where the walk-offs were gathered.

Tiger cruiser do you have any pix's of 8088? I will have it mid Sept for 5 nights! I am getting really excited for it since I have been reading Max's Mom's report.

I think what these ships have is amazing character, and it does not take an arm and a leg in cost to be in 8088! You are not having a party on your balcony with 3k of your closest friends. That would drive me purely nuts! The staff does get to know you, and the ships are a manageable size. I purely loved Brilliance and her elevators and back patio from WJ! I can't wait to get back on her or her Sister Jewel. It will have to wait since Vision, Liberty 3/15 and Indy 3/16. Thank goodness with my Liberty and Indy sailings I got a hump cabin for a really good price! That ain't happening on Oasis, Allure or Quantum.

The management on the Vision is top notch and very professional, also extremely visible around the ship. I wouldn't hesitate to book the Vision again in the near future.

I agree 100%. We are looking forward to being back on board headed to Bermuda in a few days :)

Kewlguy, I enjoyed meeting you on Vision. Hope to see you again!

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

We went on Vision in April and plan on returning if the hurricanes stay out of the Caribbean. It was a great cruise. We went to all of the specialty restaurants and would do the same again. We went to the Diamond overflow lounge each night and the captain stopped by the first night to meet everybody personally. The shows were good. Our stateroom attendant worked very hard. The cabin was a good size. Our main reason for cruising was to relax, and we did. My friend went on Vision in July and loved it.

We just returned from the 7/26 sailing last week. We had an excellent cruise.

I liked how the officers were visible and involved. Dinner with Captain Liz at the table next to us. On 17 prior cruises, I have never seen a Captain. I saw Captain Liz at least a dozen times around the ship.

Cruise Director Steve was excellent. His staff was also very good. The entertainment was the same of stick, but they looked as if they were really having fun. This made it fun for everyone. I have been on ships where they were just going through the motions and it was obvious they were bored of their jobs.

The ship is in great condition. I don't recall seeing anything out of place.

Our service in the MDR was exceptional. Servers were very interactive and knew our norm on the second night. Drinks were waiting for us when we arrived and I never saw the bottom of a glass. Food was timely and we never took over 75 minutes for the entire dinner process.

Our cabin stewart was very good. Everything taken care of without asking. His name was Carlos from Costa Rica.

We had no delays getting on or off the ship. Customs was a little slow (30 minutes) but that is not RCL's fault. Even tendering at Grand Cayman was very smooth.

They stated the ship had 2377 guests, I think max capacity is just over 2400. There were no significant delays or lines. The main pool area was very busy but we never had an issue finding chairs. The new towel policies seem to keep people from saving seats.

I'm sure people could find negatives but we had an excellent time. If you are their to have a great cruise, you will have a great cruise.

We would book the ship again without hesitation.

You mentioned that the new towel policies seemed to keep people from saving seats. What was the policy on the cruise you're talking about? We've seen several different policies over the past few months, and I can see pros and cons to all the recent variations.

When we had to check out towels on our sea pass, people complained that it was a matter of trust and an insult because no one who had paid for a cruise would carry towels home in a suitcase.

When we could pick up towels freely with no control, people used towels to save seats indiscriminately, left the deck for the day without bothering to remove towels from loungers they weren't returning to, and littered beaches in ports with towels rather than carry them back to the ship.

When we could pick them up without checking out except on port days, people complained that they had to waste time going to the pool deck to get them before leaving the ship.

Our next cruise isn't until October, so whatever policy is in place now may change by then, because each attempt by Royal to find a workable solution seems to challenge some cruisers to cause an unintended result.

Just curious.

Thanks!

Margy

Hi Tiger

Tap talk go into body. Online do a quick reply and then once in the body of the message hit picture Icon find pix and click okay and it will add a link in the message. You will only see the links until you send the message.

I would really appreciate it, and all of us in can see the actual cabin!

Was there any noise? From what I understand it is a normal amount coming into ports!

I do have a couple of the balcony for 8088, but not posted on the internet so not sure how to post it here.

Please see my above message how to add pix to this thread. Thanks again. It will be so cool to see the actual cabin and balcony. Getting really excited. 38 days!

Can you post a variety of pictures that you took around the ship? I'm interested in everything about it.

Thanks!

Here's some pics for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232

Also look through LMaxwell's thread, and of course Max'sMoms and Darkewolfe's recent reviews have plenty of photos as well.

The thing that amazed me with Capt, Srecko's crew was their visibility around the ship... the officers were everywhere! And as a few have mentioned already, they took the time to meet people around the ship. On a previous thread I mentioned how amazed I was seeing Capt Srecko himself walking around Chops one not from table to table to say hello to everyone... he did not miss a table. My experience on Vision, from the Capt, CD Rico & Carlos, Effren in DL, my statroom attendant and DR service, etc, were all very positive. Nothing but great things to say from this cruiser :D

Please see my above message how to add pix to this thread. Thanks again. It will be so cool to see the actual cabin and balcony. Getting really excited. 38 days!

Scroll down to post #3

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081684&highlight=8588

Scroll down to posts #33 and #34

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232&highlight=8588&page=2

8088 is exactly like this except a mirror image and on the opposite corner-aft.

You are going to freak out the first time you set foot on that incredible balcony!!!! :p:D

Scroll down to post #3

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081684&highlight=8588

Scroll down to posts #33 and #34

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232&highlight=8588&page=2

8088 is exactly like this except a mirror image and on the opposite corner-aft.

You are going to freak out the first time you set foot on that incredible balcony!!!! :p:D

Thanks for the links. This cabin and balcony look awesome!

Here's some pics for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232

Also look through LMaxwell's thread, and of course Max'sMoms and Darkewolfe's recent reviews have plenty of photos as well.

The thing that amazed me with Capt, Srecko's crew was their visibility around the ship... the officers were everywhere! And as a few have mentioned already, they took the time to meet people around the ship.

I'll check out those reviews. It's going to be nice to see the captain and crew being so interactive with passengers. I've never seen this before but I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks!