Can I bring a few tiny bottles of various alcohol?

cruiseelady

If one sticks with the small plastic bottles where the lid is also plastic, it could make it through. That is if you were not trying to set a record on how many you can slip on board. Like some have said, if found it would be confiscated.

So bottom line is, no one has actually tried doing it, but everyone's guess is that if found it will be confiscated. But I am actually looking for replies from someone who in fact did it and how it went.

Plenty have tried doing it and plenty have success. Put them in your checked luggage, the airport doesn't care that you have packed booze in your luggage as long as they are sealed and protected from breakage. We are packing two bottles of wine in our check in at the airport, but will take them out once we get our luggage and carry the wine on board. We've packed boxed wine and got it through. Put the bottles in separate baggies and hide them here and there in your suitcase and hope for the best.

So bottom line is, no one has actually tried doing it, but everyone's guess is that if found it will be confiscated. But I am actually looking for replies from someone who in fact did it and how it went.

Actually you are wrong Carnival definitely allows you to board with

alcohol but it has to be either Champagne or Wine. You can even board with sodas and water but only with carry on. I don't remember exactly how much I think twelve cases of soda.

Just love when someone asks a question and then tells the responders they are wrong. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if they would allow instead of bottle of wine, 3 or 4 tiny bottles(1.7oz) of various alcoholic drinks? I am flying from NY to Miami and taking a carry on, and then a shuttle to the port and cant as well as don't want to bring a whole bottle of wine.

I am not even sure if they are allowed in the airport even though they are 1.7 oz. Has anyone ever done this before?

I am sometimes accused of not answering the question posed by someone so I will try to do it here.

NO. they would not allow various tiny bottles of alcoholic drinks instead of a bottle of wine

I've brought them on all my cruises. We are not big drinkers but nice to have 1/2 dozen or so and usually it's the vodka or rum ones. We bring our diet cokes with us too and save an orange juice in the fridge from the morning breakfast. We still buy drinks regardless on the ship, just convenient to have a few on hand while in cabin. I always pack through carry on and a few in the checked bags, never a problem. They are looking for the big bottles which we don't hassle with those...

I am sometimes accused of not answering the question posed by someone so I will try to do it here.

NO. they would not allow various tiny bottles of alcoholic drinks instead of a bottle of wine

At least folks should have the courage to ask straight up ..the folks who took the time to answer the written question of " do they allow" to which the proper answer is as answered.

The real question if course was "how do I get around the alcohol policy and do as I please"

On one of the first times we went to St Thomas, my wife decided she wanted to bring some flavored rum home to her friends at work. We bought and took through 36 of the small bottles such as the OP is asking about. They were in boxes of 18, but they didn't question it. When we asked later about it, we were told by a staff member onboard that they will allow the small bottles bought in a port of call, as they are considered "souvenirs" So we tend to buy a few at each stop if needed and it helps cut down on the cost of strengthening a drink. At the port of embarkation, they may try to catch it, but as stated earlier here, as long as the bottle and cap are plastic and in your pocket, you can probably go right through.

I've done it twice and it was fine. Spread them out randomly throughout all your luggage. Checked luggage not carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am just going to do and see how it goes, but will just get 1 or two of the 1.7 oz bottles and put it together with my other(less then 3 .4 oz) liquid items in a zip lock bag. If confiscated , then no big deal, just a loss of two bucks.

Yes we have tried. And some have made it through, and some we have stepped to the side and drank them right there because we weren't giving them up! LOL. Mainly because I forgot I put them in a side pocket of my bag and were found.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was wondering if they would allow instead of bottle of wine, 3 or 4 tiny bottles(1.7oz) of various alcoholic drinks? I am flying from NY to Miami and taking a carry on, and then a shuttle to the port and cant as well as don't want to bring a whole bottle of wine.

I am not even sure if they are allowed in the airport even though they are 1.7 oz. Has anyone ever done this before?

I am just going to do and see how it goes, but will just get 1 or two of the 1.7 oz bottles and put it together with my other(less then 3 .4 oz) liquid items in a zip lock bag. If confiscated , then no big deal, just a loss of two bucks.

You asked if they would "allow" it. No, they do not. Your question was answered, you just didn't like the answer. You obviously decided before you asked that you were going to do it whether it's allowed or not.

I had 5 shots of Fireball in my pockets in May on the Imagination and it was not a problem. Walked right through. My rum runner made it as well in my bag. Was next to my tooth paste etc. Try it and if they take it nbd!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

No cruiseelady, it's not a guess, it's fact. If Carnival's security staff finds any kind of alcohol (other than the permitted bottle of wine), they will confiscate it. However, I think it might work to stick the bottles inside your makeup/bathroom bag, they'll look like mini bottles of shampoo or something. Let us know how it works!! :D

It seems to be the luck of the draw or who's operating the x-ray "scanner" on any given day wile in port. Bringing booze on during embarkation might not be the best idea....doing so in ports of call is a different animal in our experience. For example, we bought small sample bottles of booze in St Maarten & mixed them in with T-shirts and no problem getting through..on Aruba, Curacao we had it confiscated. Go figger. After 20 cruises, we decided to bring wine on board if allowed and buy the hard stuff in small bottles in port and see what happens.

As for "no big deal if you're caught", I beg to differ. My cabin mate had to watch while Security at the Port of New Orleans laughed as he poured out her water bottle camo vodka. The same trip, I had to go to the naughty room to explain that my DH must have put that box of wine in my luggage and didn't know about the rules. We were both so traumatized that for the amount we drink, we'll just suck it up and do it "legal". :p

That said, people have smuggled in any and all ways. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. End of stowry.

We just suck it up and pay Carnival's inflated Bon Voyage Gifts bottle prices.

Especially now that it is so easy to purchase on line ahead of time.

None of the smuggling issues, will it leak or break in my luggage issues, no need to make room or pack luggage to accommodate liquor and by the time you were to dump a bunch of the nippers in a bottle it is not such an inflated price.

Even with Bon Voyage, we still spend plenty on ship drinks, too.

It baffles me that people would go to such tactics while on vacation :rolleyes:

If it's money, well, perhaps they can't afford this type of vacation anyway if they can't pay for their drinks.

Thanks all. I'll just go ahead with it, but will only take two tiny bottles, two bucks loss is not a big deal if confiscated. As I never check my carry on nether on the plane nor the ship, I'll just put it in my zip lock bag with other small liquid items.

To the person SILVERcrikhis whose post is right above this one, who wrote this "It baffles me that people would go to such tactics while on vacation :rolleyes:

If it's money, well, perhaps they can't afford this type of vacation anyway if they can't pay for their drinks. ".

I have this to tell you. I am a very very slow drinker. I can get a shot of lacquer and drink it for days. I leave it in my room and then it does not feel very fresh on day 3, especially with an open glass shot, I mean I know alcohol will not go bad but still. I prefer having a closed container, so bringing a two tiny bottles would be perfect. And I have no desire to buy a shot of liquor every day , have a sip and throw it all away and do the same thing the next day. Got it?

Edited by cruiseelady

I have this to tell you. I am a very very slow drinker. I can get a shot of lacquer and drink it for days. I leave it in my room and then it does not feel very fresh on day 3, especially with an open glass shot, I mean I know alcohol will not go bad but still.

I couldn't drink a shot of lacquer in a lifetime, never mind in a week. ;)

Great, it looks like it has been done by a few of the replies without a problem. Thanks all!

You do realize that Carnival closing monitors this board and is reading this entire thread????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well to each his own I guess :)

But I didn't mean hard liquor, like cognac or whisky. I like sweet stuff like Frangelico, Kahlua

If your local liquor store makes in a pint size or there about with a PLASTIC lid , very easy to do . Cargo shorts and just walk right by. Done it many times with a small bottle of Vodka or Capt Morgan . Just enough to fix a few drinks on the balcony . Half the time I don't even finish it more of beer drinker but sometimes like hard drink .

My wife had about 6 small bottles of vodka from our flight in her purse and had no problem getting them on the ship. When we were in St. Thomas I bought a full size bottle of Stoli and put it in my camera bag and ran that through the scanner. My wife said you could see it plain as day but they let it go through with no probs.