Auto Charge

corsage

I talked to the Princess rep yesterday she asked if I would like have auto charge placed on my account. I have not heard of this and she explained that when it would automatically charge my credit card when the final payment was due. My question is has anyone done this or know more about it? If you have done this what did you think about it?

I talked to the Princess rep yesterday she asked if I would like have auto charge placed on my account. I have not heard of this and she explained that when it would automatically charge my credit card when the final payment was due. My question is has anyone done this or know more about it? If you have done this what did you think about it?

I would just call them a day or so before and do it your self. ;)

if you give them your CC details they will charge your card at the end, saves lining up at the reception desk to pay your bill on the last night

I always do this. It's just so much easier to have them automatically charge my credit card for final payment than my having to remember to do it. Besides I'm often on a cruise when final payment comes due for another cruise and don't want to be bothered with remembering to authorize it. If you're worried about them having your credit card information, remember that they have it in your personalizer anyway.

I guess with Princess doing it you wouldn't lose your cruise if they did not do it in time.

Unless they tell you that box wasn't checked when the booking was made. I'm with you, I call my TA when I want my final payment applied.

Lew

Thanks for everyone's input, I will have give some more thought whether it's a good thing for me or not.

Is this, as COLO says, for the final payment of the cruise or for your final payment of your shipboard account. If it is the later I would say that it is very easy because of the not waiting in line the last night before the end of the cruise.

Theo

I prefer to do it myself so I know its done.

I guess with Princess doing it you wouldn't lose your cruise if they did not do it in time.

I prefer doing it myself too so I know it is done then I ask for a confirmation email regarding the transaction even though it would show up in your Personalizer soon.

Is this for the final payment of the cruise or for your final payment of your shipboard account?

Op's initial post to me indicates that it is final payment for the cruise itself.

Op's initial post to me indicates that it is final payment for the cruise itself.

The way that it was worded could be a bit confusing. I can see some people thinking the OP was asked if they wanted to pre-pay some charges like tips.

We had booked our last cruise less than a week before final payment was due -- we were waitlisted on some categories and finally a cabin acceptable to us was offered. The person I was talking with at Princess asked for our credit card to be charged on final payment day. Since it was hubby's card (:)), I didn't check to see if his card was actually charged that day or before, but we did get a receipt.

I don't like doing auto-charge for my payment on my cruise. Princess will without hesitation cancel your cruise if your final payment is not made on the final day. I feel like things could go wrong and I might have my booking cancelled.

I know. I most likely am a bit more careful than others. I like to personally pay my final cruise fare.

I guess if you did auto-pay and had a way for them to submit it about a week before your cruise that might be ok. I have read too many posts of "accidents" that happen. I would prefer to know exactly what is happening.

i believe the op is asking about the cruise payment, not the on board fees payable. "automatically charge my credit card when the final payment was due"

I always tell them yes go ahead but a few days before I pay it anyway, I guess I just don't trust them to do it and cancel my cruise.

Best to just let your TA take care of making sure it's done on the date it's due. :)

LuLu

Most good TAs will do it up to a week in advance of due date in order to make sure it goes through without any problem.