Sapphire Beach advice

kickbutt10

We will be in St Thomas on the NCL Getaway in September. We would like to go to Sapphire Beach but we are unsure the best way to get there and more importantly, back to the ship. We are only in port until 3pm and we really do not want to be left behind. I have read that Sunny Liston's tour may be an option but it sounds like the tour goes to the beach with the most votes on that day. Has anyone that has been there recently tell me what my best option is please? Are there taxis available for the return trip or is this something that needs to pre arranged?

Thanks!

Best to ask the taxi driver who brings you to come back for your return. Sept is a very slow month, so taxis may not be waiting at Sapphire.

The Dive Shop should also be able to call a taxi if nobody shows up. There is a taxi dispatch 5 minutes from Sapphire.

You will find several threads here on this topic. But you will just grab a taxi at the port that's heading to Sapphire, the taxi coordinator can aid you and the drivers will ask where you are going. Fare is $10pp each way. I agree it's a good idea to ask the driver to stop back around 1 or whenever you want to leave. But there are generally taxis stopping in to pick up folks, and as Ms411 said there are other options.

Going on your own on St Thomas is very typical and easy because the taxi service is very reliable. Enjoy Sapphire - it's a gorgeous beach with abundant shade and shouldn't be too crowded.

Edited by blue_water

Here's a link to my webpage where I've accumulated lots of information from cruise critic and other websites: Sapphire Beach.

Hopefully that should help you plan your day.

I am thoroughly impressed with your webpage! Not only for St Thomas, but for the other islands you'll be visiting as well. Well done! :cool:

Thank you. Hope all the stuff helps you plan great cruises! :)

I've found doing a website for each cruise is a good way to accumulate things as I find them on the internet and not have to use "a forest of trees" to print everything to take with me. And way easier to find what I remember "having read somewhere!

Edited by candydane

candydane: Your St Thomas info is fairly extensive, but some is out-of-date. Businesses open and close all the time. Atlantis Submarine has not been around for years. Wikked at Yacht Haven Grande has been closed for some time, but luckily "Fresh" has opened in the same spot. Dockside Books is gone, much to the chagrin of many. And I am not sure how Secret Harbour is closer to the cruise ship dock. It is almost at the end of the island, a longer ride and more $$$ than the others listed.

P.S. The quintessential St. Thomas drink is the Bushwhacker!!

Edited by O2B@Cagain

candydane: Your St Thomas info is fairly extensive, but some is out-of-date. Businesses open and close all the time. Atlantis Submarine has not been around for years. Wikked at Yacht Haven Grande has been closed for some time, but luckily "Fresh" has opened in the same spot. Dockside Books is gone, much to the chagrin of many. And I am not sure how Secret Harbour is closer to the cruise ship dock. It is almost at the end of the island, a longer ride and more $$$ than the others listed.

P.S. The quintessential St. Thomas drink is the Bushwhacker!!

Yes, you're right on the website. I know that when I use it but of course other people wouldn't :o

So I've added a note to each webpage stating that the information may not be accurate or complete or current and important details should be verified before finalizing plans.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, you're right on the website. I know that when I use it but of course other people wouldn't :o

So I've added a note to each webpage stating that the information may not be accurate or complete or current and important details should be verified before finalizing plans.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes Candy, if you develop a website with the intent of sharing it with others over time you really need to update it regularly rather than the option you chose. Folks read the info and skip over your exception comment and are using that information to make plans. That's why many ppl who spend time gathering information in one place to share with the publuc will publish a "newsletter" or guide that they will e-mail upon request (like BeautifulBill, for example). They can easily update it and the information is current and relevant (and accurate).

And obviously if you don't live in the areas you're describing and so can't update when there are changes that's a problem too. Nice to help folks, but current and accurate info is ideal...:)