25 cruises but it finally happened to us!!!

Sue L

Went to check something on my res this morning for our cruise next week and we were visited by the upgrade fairy overnight and originally booked 2A and then did a suite guarantee and got assigned an s1 and was ecstatic now totally amazed as we went to a full Celebrity suite CS

I am shaking I am so thrilled.

Congrats, enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, you're going to have a fabulous time :)

We had an Aqua on Infinity last year, and decided to go for the suite guarantee 4 days before we left - and were allocated a Celebrity Suite !

Absolutely amazing - enjoy :D

Lou

Do they ever upgrade a booked suite. or only guarantees?

The most common upgrades appear to be Guarantees and from Inside to OV. A person in the Miami HQ once told me that if they are running a Suite Guarantee and a passenger has paid more for a Sky Suite than the new price for a higher Suite they will often upgrade them to the higher Suite and assign the Sky Suite to a newly booked Suite Guarantee. I've been the "top cruiser" on a few cruises and can assure you, at least in my experience that didn't affect any upgrade even with a Guarantee. It really is a mystery, but I'm happy for you.

WE booked a guarantee Aqua Suite on our up coming Eastern Mediterranean Reflection cruise and was upgraded two days later to the Celebrity suite! :)

I never booked a guarantee (used TA) because I want to know what I am getting but the way the TA explained it I was going to at least get what I booked. :D, so roll the dice. Glad we did! We are Diamond with RCC and second time sailing X. Actually second time Reflection. Had Aqua Suite first sailing.

I think the one post is correct, they can sell the Aqua suite better than the CS, so move the Aqua Suite up and rebook the Aqua suite. When I looked at the price the CS was $3,000 more than I paid for the guarantee!! Cha Ching :D