Oasis - inside cabins

I was on the Allure / Same as Oasis and my wife and I had a Large Interior and we barely had enough room for us both. I cant imagine a family of 4. If would be a tough squeeze thats for sure.

As Ive said before on here, after we took that cruise we said to each other if we cant afford a balcony then we are going cruising. Still even that room would be a tight squeeze for 4 people

Edited by trev71

We're going to squeeze 4 of us into an inside on Allure (kids will be 11 and 14)...hope it works!

My sister and her family were in an inside on NCL's Pearl, and it was tight, but they made it work (webside says 138-143 square feet). RC's website says the Allure/Oasis insides are 172 square feet.

We have one of the cabins with a 3rd and 4th pullman, instead of a sofa bed. For some reason, there aren't that many of them. So while we may have head bonking, the floor space won't be taken up with a pulled out sofa bed in the evening/morning.

Our challenge in sharing a cabin with the kids isn't all about the size of the cabin, it's the bathroom. Trying to get 4 people showered and dressed takes some fancy choreography. We were in a Junior Suite on Freedom, the kids were smaller then, and it still was difficult getting everyone ready to go.

I agree on the pullman's rather than the sofa bed configuration. With the sofa bed out it's a scoot by not a walk and can be somewhat difficult in the pitch dark so leave the bathroom light on (will shine under the door)

Many will say to get 2 cabins blah blah blah but honestly on these ships you're never in your cabin other than to sleep/shower plus it would add a significant chunk of $$ to your total (about $1000 actually!). Unless of course your 3/4th person rate isn't that discounted then by all means get the 2 connecting cabins!

4 will be tight in any non suite cabin but heck 2 in a standard cabin is snug ;)

Edited by Beth C

i was on the allure / same as oasis and my wife and i had a large interior and we barely had enough room for us both. I cant imagine a family of 4. If would be a tough squeeze thats for sure.

As ive said before on here, after we took that cruise we said to each other if we cant afford a balcony then we are not going cruising. Still even that room would be a tight squeeze for 4 people

edit from my top post :d

My kids are 8 and 10... we always do two connecting cabins... it is nice to have 2 bathrooms, showers, areas to get ready.

Since the fare is based on double occupancy, we have found is is only slightly more $$ to book to connecting than trying to squeeze into one cabin.

Edited by mad-dog74

My kids are 8 and 10... we always do two connecting cabins... it is nice to have 2 bathrooms, showers, areas to get ready.

Since the fare is based on double occupancy, we have found is is only slightly more $$ to book to connecting than trying to squeeze into one cabin.

Not sure what rate the OP booked their cruise at but currently that sailing is showing 3/4th @ $0.00 albeit the 1st & 2nd are increased. Priced out at about $2300 for 4 in a single cabin and over $3400 for 2 cabins (no connecting available according at the moment). $1000 to me is a big difference... $200/day to be able to shower 2 at a time... little steep in my books ;)

On our Allure cruise last summer, we paid $80 ($40 per cabin) more for connecting cabins. The 2 other families we traveled with did the same thing once they saw the price. We put adult/kid in each cabin on the reservation. Then once onboard, the kids had a room with beds apart and we had the adjacent room.

On our upcoming Freedom cruise we did the same thing, and it too... was within $100.

I guess it depends on the sailing.

Despite Oasis's size, the cabin's are smaller than ships with less "gross tonnage"....

I wouldn't put 4 adult sized people in one cabin...but on vacation, I like to be comfortable! If you're used to smaller spaces, or camping, etc...go for it!

Are outsides or balconies much bigger?

Or is 4 in a room in general just very tight...

4 in a room is generally tight, a suite may have a little more space.

My nephew and wife was in a balcony cabin with 2 children and an infant. extremely tight, but they made it work. (poor cabin steward... LOL..)

My DH and I decided to have our 2 children share an inside cabin, we had a balcony directly across, 2 bathrooms and 2 showers were nice!

Do what you must! Just have fun!