Cold soups

bigenna

I had never tried these until on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago. I really like them a lot. However I cannot have anything that has alcohol in it, if uncooked, and it seems like all of them on Princess do, as do many of their desserts.

Is there any possibility that I can get them made without, or I asking for too much. Only reason I ask is that I do not have an allergy and wondered if they would accommodate me?

I had never tried these until on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago. I really like them a lot. However I cannot have anything that has alcohol in it, if uncooked, and it seems like all of them on Princess do, as do many of their desserts.

Is there any possibility that I can get them made without, or I asking for too much. Only reason I ask is that I do not have an allergy and wondered if they would accommodate me?

I have an alcohol allergy & Princess was amazing! They made basically the same menu items, just no alcohol. List your issue on your personalized & visit the maître d when you board. They will take great care of you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Chances are it will be your headwaiter who will work with you on this. Each evening he can provide you with the menus (B,L,D) for the next day. He will then put in your special order.

The order will be kept by Cabin number so if you are in Anytime you do not have to sit at the same table each evening. However, if in Anytime try to use the same dining room so you can work eith the same headwaiter.

We are wondering if all, or nearly all, of the cold "soups" (which we prefer to call "purees") are served in glasses, with straws?

Or are all, or nearly all, served in bowls, to be eaten with spoons?

Thanks. ;)

We are wondering if all, or nearly all, of the cold "soups" (which we prefer to call "purees") are served in glasses, with straws?

Thanks. ;)

No they are served in bowls (mostly) too.

Thanks. ;)

I've seen the same cold soup served in a glass with straw on one ship and in a bowl on another. Some are always served in bowls (goat cheese and apple, my new favorite) but many in a hurricane glass (chilled granny smith and cider.

Jackie

Thanks. ;)

I've seen them presented both ways. Cold cucumber soup was in a bowl with a spoon, but the cold "piña colada" soup was served in a glass with a straw so that it resembled the drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks to all of you who responded.

When do you think would be the best time to approach the head waiter with this request? We will be in traditional early dining, so should i mention it on the way into MDR and he will come and see me at our table after we eat?

Thanks to all of you who responded.

When do you think would be the best time to approach the head waiter with this request? We will be in traditional early dining, so should i mention it on the way into MDR and he will come and see me at our table after we eat?

The first evening they are extremely busy until all the people are seated.

Just ask your waiter to ask the headwaiter come over when he can.

Princess has some wonderful cold soups in both bowls & parfait glasses! I'm always tempted to ask for shortbread cookies to dip in the soup.

As for alcohol-free: yes, the head waiter will happily work w/you on the various menu items. On the Emerald last Sept., the head waiter & my friend conferred every night during coffee about the next night's menu concerning alcohol or none in dishes.

That is so good to know. Quite a while back I did try to ask our waiter about this and there must have been some misunderstanding. He asked the head waiter over but he only suggested I get a mixed fruit plate. After that I never asked again, but now I will try to make my request more clear, knowing that they can accommodate me. Thanks again.