What are your bucket list or Dream Cruises

This is my bucket list. Who knows if it will ever be possible but one can only dream. I seem to like a lot of the Princess longer itineraries. I'm also starting to warm to the idea of not having to fly too much.

In no particular order. This is my list of cruises I hope one day to undertake. Winning lotto might help. Small problem. I never buy a ticket :D

1. 49 day South America cruise. Princess have offered this a couple of times. The dates have never quite worked for me, or other things have gotten in the way.

2. Cherry Blossum cruise. Been off the radar for a couple of years, but back on again in 2015. Alas, cannot go. Maybe they offer it in 2016.

3. 35 days South Pacific cruise. Offered plenty of times in 2015 and 2016, albeit on Sea Princess :o. Not keen to go on that one while its got problems.

4. World Cruise. LOL. Huge wanna do cruise but couple of issues here. Costs a arm and a leg, plus can't just rock up to work and say hey can I have three months off. Hmmm. Well maybe they might say yes. I think this is a few years off.

5. 46 day Indian Ocean South Africa Odessy. I did look at this one seriously, but alas all the inside solo allocation was snapped up early and its pricey too. Who knows they might offer it again in the future.

Edited by icat2000

This is my bucket list. Who knows if it will ever be possible but one can only dream. I seem to like a lot of the Princess longer itineraries. I'm also starting to warm to the idea of not having to fly too much.

In no particular order. This is my list of cruises I hope one day to undertake. Winning lotto might help. Small problem. I never buy a ticket :D

1. 49 day South America cruise. Princess have offered this a couple of times. The dates have never quite worked for me, or other things have gotten in the way.

2. Cherry Blossum cruise. Been off the radar for a couple of years, but back on again in 2015. Alas, cannot go. Maybe they offer it in 2016.

3. 35 days South Pacific cruise. Offered plenty of times in 2015 and 2016, albeit on Sea Princess :o. Not keen to go on that one while its got problems.

4. World Cruise. LOL. Huge wanna do cruise but couple of issues here. Costs a arm and a leg, plus can't just rock up to work and say hey can I have three months off. Hmmm. Well maybe they might say yes. I think this is a few years off.

5. 46 day Indian Ocean South Africa Odessy. I did look at this one seriously, but alas all the inside solo allocation was snapped up early and its pricey too. Who knows they might offer it again in the future.

Hi Sarah,

I sit sometimes and wonder this very thing! Which cruise would be on my bucket list? Hmmmm....definitely in no certain order.

1. We also like the 49 day SA cruise or even better RT FLL around SA and Antarctica. Always fully booked pretty quickly and expensive too! We can never catch this one just right.

2. 14 day Alaska. Sounds like such a peaceful and beautiful trip.

3. We have done one WC segment of 40 nights on QM2 and next year 74 on QE but eventually would like a full WC but as you say the lottery has to come into play there.

4. Baltic cruise sounds so interesting!

5. Longer Med cruise; maybe several BTB ones. Our first cruise was an 11 day Med and the second was 18 day and we just cannot imagine the shorter cruises any more.:rolleyes:

6. Like the sound of a 35 day South Pacific cruise that maybe starts or ends in Hawaii. Now that sounds totally relaxing and not too much stress.

7. Some kind of cruise that includes South Africa and an overland safari option. After reading the blogs of some the Amsterdam regulars this option sounds so life changing.

Sorry I am going on and on, but this is what happens when I think of what I would like to do......thanks for opening the door!:)

I'll jump in

Around Aus between 23 and 35 nights.

Around the World.

Would love to do Antarctic Arctic and Alaska but can't/won't fly so they are probably out.

Top of my list at any time is whatever one is coming up next.

Around the world.

Around Australia.

Around NZ.

Cherry Blossom cruise.

Extensive Mediterranean cruise.

Australia to South Africa return.

South Pacific to Tahiti, and also to Hawaii.

Alaska.

Caribbean.

Assuming we enjoy our first cruise in December, that is. ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Just booked a Sth Am 31 day repos cruise for 2015, so that's off the list for us!

Definitely an Alaskan cruise but not the standard. Diamond Prinny used to do one that went right across to Russia n down through Asia. Would love that.

We are leaving in Oct for a TA from Rome, which is a mini med cruise then Tenerife - FL. 16 days. I would love to do a longer med cruise, finishing w a TA westbound (so u get the extra sleep ;))

Baltics Denmark Iceland, Greenland up through nth Europe etc.

European river cruise. Read somewhere one direction is better than the other.... Cannot remember right now. Also heavy spring melts mean some rivers flood & the cruises have to be cancelled as the ships won't fit under the bridges... Need more research as well as dollars!

Would love to do a world cruise, but alibaba has my winning lottery ticket so I doubt that will happen!! :D

Man, wish I hadn't found this thread!

Definitely an Alaskan cruise but not the standard. Diamond Prinny used to do one that went right across to Russia n down through Asia. Would love that.

That sounds really interesting. I'd add that to my bucket list if it was available.

And I forgot about a transatlantic cruise.

I really, really need to win lotto :D

That sounds really interesting. I'd add that to my bucket list if it was available.

And I forgot about a transatlantic cruise.

I really, really need to win lotto :D

Oz, it was a repo, end of season trip. Cheap as but airfares dear! :rolleyes: haven't seen it since diamond started the Japanese routes.....

Oz, it was a repo, end of season trip. Cheap as but airfares dear! :rolleyes: haven't seen it since diamond started the Japanese routes.....

I wondered if it had been a repo.

A round the Pacific trip could be interesting - Australia, South Pacific islands, up the coast of the Americas to Alaska and back down through Asia. Does any line do anything like this?

A fair bit of catch up to do with most on these forums. Never had the urge to experience a cruise or the time until last year. Jumped in at the deep end and had such a great experience so plans are a plenty for the future.

We are working through what we think we can afford from our bucket list.

Already booked.

NZ this year.

Barcelona to Shanghai next year. (Ticks off Barcelona, Dubai, Petra, Singapore, Hong Kong from our list as we have ample time to get a decent enough look at each). Will also mean both canals are done.

In the next 2 years.

Singapore,Hong Kong,Shanghai or Tokyo to Vancouver and a Nth/Sth bound B2B to Alaska tacked onto the end. We had this one booked on Millennium for next year but cancelled it to book the Barcelona-Shanghai because it may never be offered on Quantum again or at least not for a long time.

After that health and finances permitting.

A few Mediterranean cruises with probably another Trans Atlantic tacked on.

Another trip through the Panama Canal once the new locks are finished.

A few Pacific cruises and possibly an LA to Sydney repo.

Ones I would love to do but will probably not fit our budget.

Galapagos

Sth America

Antartica

We try not to be completely set on where to go though as we tend to wait for a great price before we commit. Because work is also flexible we really try to string a repo with a few other cruises together to bring down the average pre day cost once the air fare is factored in.

Edited by woodyren

We could share one of the really big ones, like yesterday's draw - 21 million I think. That's 7 million each :D

:rolleyes: 7 mill....... I s'pose that would give me some left over change for my apartment on the world!!! :D

Ohhhhhhhh. Can I add that to my bucket list!??

*scratches head* maybe I need a "barrel list"!! Get me few more wishes to fit in that way! :D

I wondered if it had been a repo.

A round the Pacific trip could be interesting - Australia, South Pacific islands, up the coast of the Americas to Alaska and back down through Asia. Does any line do anything like this?

Might be sold in sections?? The 31 dayer I have booked is sold as a 14 + 17 dayer with some TA's & NCL offers it as three options too. :)

:rolleyes: 7 mill....... I s'pose that would give me some left over change for my apartment on the world!!! :D

Ohhhhhhhh. Can I add that to my bucket list!??

*scratches head* maybe I need a "barrel list"!! Get me few more wishes to fit in that way! :D

Nope 7 mill won't get you a suite on The World, last I heard you need at least 20 liquid assets before they'll even consider you for ownership.

Might be sold in sections?? The 31 dayer I have booked is sold as a 14 + 17 dayer with some TA's & NCL offers it as three options too. :)

Have to admit I haven't really looked for something like that. Given the relatively small number of ships based out of Australia it probably isn't feasible yet. Maybe when more ships are based here and the cruise lines wake up to the fact that Australians would like to cruise to warmer climes in the winter months we might see itineraries like that.

Where my share of the lotto win :D

What I am trying to do is to be more patient and wait until after final payment to pick a cruise. Sometimes I suceed, most times I don't. I try and snag a baragin where possible. Mostly have to cruise in inside cabins, but occassionally can afford an oceanview. Only once in a mini suite, thanks to the Princess fairy.:D

I would like to travel around the world on my own private large yacht. Course that won't happen but one can dream!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bags to be one your " good for nothing free loading mates" (like Kev off Derek but not as gross;)) and tag along with you!

Nope 7 mill won't get you a suite on The World, last I heard you need at least 20 liquid assets before they'll even consider you for ownership.

:eek: wharrrrrrrrt???????

I was only after a two bedder unit. Sheesh! 20 liquids huh?? Looks like I won't be sharing that prize pool folks :p.