Just back from Summit to Bermuda

Innocent bystander

Had a wonderful time in Bermuda. The Summit was a great ship and the crew was friendly and helpful. I guess my husband and I are not that picky because we thought everything was lovely and liked the decor. Bistro on 5 was worth every penny.

They were pushing this new show/dinner thing...Indulgence. It was at 10 one night, cost about $39.

Aqua class was nice but I wouldn't spend a lot of money to book it. Eating at Blu was very pleasant and quiet but the menu is very limited. One night there was nothing on the menu that interested us so we popped over to MDR and were seated right away. I did think service was slow in both places on occasion.

Bermuda. Loved Bermuda. Food is very expensive. We ate lunch three days on the island. Rode the ferry and the buses to get around. Our plans did not work well on Wednesday and spent a lot of time hanging around Hamilton. Was totally underwhelmed by Blue Hole and regret not going to St. George a day early. Rained off and on Thursday but went to Tobacco Bay anyway. Had raincoats, plastic bags for electronics, waterproof bag. Snorkel Park worked well for the last day as long as you get there early. We were there around 9 and got front row chairs. Left at 12. The place was packed. Might be worth it to spend the extra money for shuttle to Daniels Head or to Horseshoe.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer. This board was a great help to me when planning.

I anxiously await every Sunday for recent Summit reviews! Thanks for posting yours! So glad to hear you had an enjoyable time!

I'd love some recommendations about lunch/dinner restaurants in Bermuda. We like to eat either lunch or dinner in different ports, and I've begun my research for our cruise on the Summit next summer. Any good restaurants we should add to our list?

How were the beaches that you visited? Chairs? Umbrellas? Food and drink services?

Thanks, again, for posting your review! We can't wait to sail the Summit and our first visit to Bermuda!

We went to Swizzle Inn by the Caves. We both got the chicken tenders but could have split one order because it was so much food. Chicken tenders are not very exciting but after fancy cruise food it was nice to have something simple.

We also at at Wahoo's in St. George. They had free wifi, which made it all worth it. They have a special Wahoo fish menu and I had a taco. It was tasty but would not order again.

Loved the little coffee house at the Dockyard. Stopped the first day for coffee and a treat and then stopped the last day for lunch. Had great scone, split a sandwich and a Dark and Stormy.

As I said we went to Tobacco Bay in the rain. We hopped a taxi with another couple on the way there for $6 and took another taxi back for $5. We didn't buy food or drink there or rent anything because of the rain. There was a changing room and bathrooms but not um...well taken care of. No shower that I could see but a spigot for foot wash. I thought the place was wonderful though and would go back again.

Snorkel Park...we rented umbrellas, two chairs for $30. Pricey but my husband needed shade. Changed in the handicapped stall. They did have outside showers. We rented a set a snorkle equipment but didn't go out far enough to see much. There is a long rocky barrier to get over. Suppose to be an underwater cannon out past that. A lot of people were snorkling on the other side of the rock jetty and it looked really rocky of there.

Invest in water shoes to take with you.

To the poster who wanted to know about food:

There is an Amazing "joint" with the best fresh fish sandwich ever in St. George and called Art Mel's. Owned by a bermudian for many years in another location and just moved to main tourist area this season.

Forgot the name of the street it's on but it's not far from the area with the shops.

local shop owners can probably tell you where it is. It is so worth paying a visit to. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was tempted to go to Indulgence but I can't eat that late. I liked how involved Ken was, how visible he was. Never had a CD like that before. I thought the entertainment was pretty good, except the last night. I really didn't need to see the singers and dancers again;I almost fell asleep. I missed the Sirens show.

On a whole, I was happy with Blu food except the crab and mushroom risotto. I think it might be one of the worse things I've eaten. On the other hand, the cheese souffle..I could eat that every night.

They were pushing Indulgence at ever possible time. Did you go?

What did you think about Ken? The entertainment?

We did eat in Blu for breakfast, but I like the choices in the MDR.

Welcome back

We were on the June 15th Summit sailing which premiered both Ken and Indulgence. Ken seemed very approachable and we had a blast at Indulgence. Indulgence was a mix and mingle with the crew and cabaret meets tapas. It was held in a closed off Cellar Masters. The performers and ships top brass mingled with the passengers. Things may have been tweaked since then because it was the first. Ken goofed and announced it was open bar when advertising the event but it was supposed to be a limited cocktail selection. When it was brought to management's attention they did open the bar to whatever you wanted. Not sure I'd do it again but it was fun and the food and drink were awesome.

Edited by Big_G

So nice to read enthusiastic posts about the Summit! We are boarding her next Sunday!

Hi Donna:) I know everyone has different opinions about every ship

but I have sailed Summit 1/2 dozen times and I love her:D Last time

I sailed was last year to Bermuda:) and had a great time.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:) I went to the Swizzle Inn near

the caves as well.......you must try a Rum Swizzle.....DELICIOUS:D;)

Hi Donna:) I know everyone has different opinions about every ship

but I have sailed Summit 1/2 dozen times and I love her:D Last time

I sailed was last year to Bermuda:) and had a great time.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:) I went to the Swizzle Inn near

the caves as well.......you must try a Rum Swizzle.....DELICIOUS:D;)

Thanks Lois. We were on Summit last August and thought the ship was wonderful! We are hoping it will be the same again!

Those Rum Swizzles are delicious!

We are sailing to Bermuda in a little over a week - DH desperately wants to go to the Swizzle Inn by the caves - is it hard to get to? We are planning to take DD3 to the aquarium and are thinking of going to the Swizzle Inn for lunch that day. Any advice on how to best get there? TIA!

Went a couple of years ago. Took ferry to St. George's for the morning. They have a nice wali,ing tour there. Then a bus to Swizzle inn ( also stops at caves, etc). Easy to do. Yes, order a pitcher of the rum swizzle! I think we also split something for lunch. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
We are sailing to Bermuda in a little over a week - DH desperately wants to go to the Swizzle Inn by the caves - is it hard to get to? We are planning to take DD3 to the aquarium and are thinking of going to the Swizzle Inn for lunch that day. Any advice on how to best get there? TIA!

It is not difficult at all. I went on my own and it was really easy peasy:D

Take the ferry to St George.....when you get there, ask which bus to

take to the Swizzle Inn.

The bus stop was easy to find as well......and the bus drivers are very

nice too. You can let them know you want to get off at the Swizzle Inn.

When you leave the bus, it will be at the corner....you will see

an Ice Cream shop on the left and the Swizzle in on the right.

I didn't go to an Aquarium but the Caves are walkable from the Swizzle

Inn.....I would suggest going to the Caves first and then go have

some food and a drink....a Rum Swizzle:D

We were on the June 15th Summit sailing which premiered both Ken and Indulgence. Ken seemed very approachable and we had a blast at Indulgence. Indulgence was a mix and mingle with the crew and cabaret meets tapas. It was held in a closed off Cellar Masters. The performers and ships top brass mingled with the passengers. Things may have been tweaked since then because it was the first. Ken goofed and announced it was open bar when advertising the event but it was supposed to be a limited cocktail selection. When it was brought to management's attention they did open the bar to whatever you wanted. Not sure I'd do it again but it was fun and the food and drink were awesome.

That sounds like fun but we have late seating dinner and usually don't finish until 10 PM. I wonder if they will continue it on the Canada/New England cruises.