Honeymoon tips!

sciteach11

My fiancé and I just booked an Alaskan cruise on Princess for our honeymoon next summer! He's never cruised and I've only gone a couple times to Mexico as a teenager with my family. So my questions are...

What are some of the great things we can do now that we're in our late 20s? (I just remember going to the teen club every day...)

What Alaskan excursions do you recommend? We've never been and were doing the Inside Passage.

Are there any tips or perks for honeymooners? Anything worth a little splurge that's a must-do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations on your up-coming Wedding.

Personally, I have not been on a cruise (yet) to Alaska... But have several friends & family members who have done so.

You are very smart to do this cruise when you are young... It tends to be something that many others don't get around to until they are older (50+)

This gives you an immense advantage is there are many activities offered that a younger person can do far better than an older person...

Do do the more strenuous excursions... (hiking, white water rafting etc) as you will have memories that others won't and they will last a lifetime

As for Honeymooning in general...

I recommend you splurge for the best cabin you can afford... a Balcony is great for any cruise but especially Alaska and the inside passage when everything "is right there" and happening so close in front of you.

You will find that sitting out on your balcony makes it all the more special.

I suggest you check out the various Forums here on CC that will assist you with your plans including:

This one for First Time Cruisers as well as the one for Princess, and Ports of Call - Alaska

And also sign up on the Roll Call Forum for your cruise (Cruise Line, Ship, Cruise Date) so you can chat with others on the same cruise. A great way to share travel tips etc. and most Roll Calls after months of on-line sharing tend to meet up onboard for a Sailaways Party or other Meet & Mingle activities.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Congrats on getting married and picking an Alaskan cruise

So cool

Helicopter flight up the glacier

A couple of good small tours are available depending on ship and time if year

The train tour. Forgetting it's name is a must and must do through princess also

We took a Princess cruise to the Caribbean last week for our first wedding anniversary. The highlight was the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It's $100 per couple. You get cocktails, a flower arrangement to keep the rest of the cruise, a five-course meal, a half bottle of champagne, and a photo. (You'll have the opportunity to purchase more photos.) All this is served by a wait team at the perfect pace on your balcony if you have one and the weather cooperates.

My fiancé and I just booked an Alaskan cruise on Princess for our honeymoon next summer! He's never cruised and I've only gone a couple times to Mexico as a teenager with my family. So my questions are...

What are some of the great things we can do now that we're in our late 20s? (I just remember going to the teen club every day...)

What Alaskan excursions do you recommend? We've never been and were doing the Inside Passage.

Are there any tips or perks for honeymooners? Anything worth a little splurge that's a must-do?

Alaska cruise, any 10 day, you will see more for your $$$$$.

Live enterainment (shows) dancing, newly wed game.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on your honeymoon cruise.

Let me suggest that you check out a couple of the boards on CruiseCritic.

First is the Honeymoon and Wedding Cruses Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=31

The other is the Alaska Ports Of Call Board to get ideas on what to do in Alaska.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=55

Keith

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

My DH and I got married last May and we are taking our "honeycruise" this December and I cannot wait.

I am looking forward to drinking champagne on our balcony as a way to celebrate (let's be honest, I would do this regardless of the special occasion or now!) :p

I did tell the lady I booked with that it is our honeymoon and they will have a toast for us on the first formal night.

Enjoy all the anticipation and excitement! :D

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I called Princess and told them it was our honeymoon and they said they would make special arrangements to decorate our cabin. I also checked out the boards you recommended. There is so much information on this site!

I really like the helicopter to glacier and whale watching ideas, too! We're doing round trip from San Francisco so we can't do a cruise tour, so I really want to make the most of the shore days. (We chose SF since we live locally and don't have to fly anywhere.)

I'm curious about the $100 balcony dinner. It sounds really nice, but is it worth it since you're already paying for all of your meals? Plus I'm vegetarian, so would I even be able to eat what they serve? (Do they let you choose a plate?) And is it a little creepy to have a butler waiting in your room the whole time? I mean, it does sound really romantic and clearly I don't have enough experience to know what I'm talking about, but those are my concerns.

Thank you all for all of the suggestions and advice so far! I'm really excited already and I still have a whole year to wait! (And a wedding to plan in the mean time...)