You have to ask for perks!

Jessejo

I've read lots of threads but have never seen this subject mentioned...

I recently booked a cruise on X website for a cruise to Alaska that was within final payment. There is no mention on the website about having to call them to ask for perks. I did not transfer to a TA as has been suggested many times on these forums. I called today to ask if there were any perks associated with my booking. As it turns out, the cruise is completely sold out so X said that it was too late. The agent tried to find something for us. She said that the only way to get perks when booking online is to call and ask for them - I just waited too long.

This is just for your information - too late for us.

I recently booked a cruise on X website for a cruise to Alaska that was within final payment. There is no mention on the website about having to call them to ask for perks. I did not transfer to a TA as has been suggested many times on these forums. I called today to ask if there were any perks associated with my booking. As it turns out, the cruise is completely sold out so X said that it was too late. The agent tried to find something for us. She said that the only way to get perks when booking online is to call and ask for them - I just waited too long.

You are entitled to any perks that are associated with any promotions at the time of booking. For example: if your booking qualifies for the 123 promotion you are entitled to receive the perk of your choice. A TA can add to your Celebrity perks, but only if you are before final payment. That's what they probably meant when they told you it was too late. Too late to transfer, but not too late for a perk. Call customer service and ask again. Specifically ask them what perks are associated with your reservation.

You are entitled to any perks that are associated with any promotions at the time of booking. For example: if your booking qualifies for the 123 promotion you are entitled to receive the perk of your choice. A TA can add to your Celebrity perks, but only if you are before final payment. That's what they probably meant when they told you it was too late. Too late to transfer, but not too late for a perk. Call customer service and ask again. Specifically ask them what perks are associated with your reservation.

My thoughts too, that perks are something you are entitled to under the existing promotion.

If you booked using a resident or senior discount, these are oftentimes not combinable with any of the other perks -- the big ones -- that you might otherwise get.

However, call back ... there are some really good agents at Celebrity but also some really poor ones.

I called recently and swore this girl knew nothing. I ended up having to call back as I wanted to transfer my booking to a TA due to the bad experience. When I called back, I got an agent that was just so ON IT. She was able to get me everything I asked for and a little extra. So, some will go to bat for you.

Even though it is past final payment date, I would give it a try. What do you have to lose?

What she told you is not true.

When booking online, there is a box for "Offer Code" where you enter the code of the perk you want.

For example, if we wanted the Pick Your Perk Beverage Package, we would enter PYPBEV.

For onboard credit, it would be PYPOBC.

When we are eligible for any of the discounted prices being offered at the time, it shows both the discounted price without the perk and the regular price with the perk, so we can choose whichever is more beneficial.

I called X again this morning, was told that Pick your Perk and 123 Go did not apply to our sailing - Solstice 8/22. No resident or senior discounts, but, yes, it was a GTY.

Thanks all for your replies.

Edited by Jessejo

I called X again this morning, was told that Pick your Perk and 123 Go did not apply to our sailing - Solstice 8/22. No resident or senior discounts, but, yes, it was a GTY.

Thanks all for your replies.

New 123Go is available for sailings starting from October 2014. We recently booked September sailing and it's not applicable for the 123 promotion.

But we got good price.

123 perks often don't apply to bookings made after finally payments are due. The current promo for example says it's good for sailings mid October forward.

I just booked Summit for Aug 31, and none apply. So I got my Shareholder OBC confirmed instead.

The good news is that we got a good price with the guarantee :) and we're satisfied with their cabin selection.

Try calling the Captains Club number...and yes, we were told the same "you have to ask for the perks before final payment" . We booked directly through Celebrity via phone call and when didn't get the extra perks. Had to call and they did honor the two small perks.

Good luck!

Just last week I called about a cruise that was within final payment. The cruise was $X,XXX price online at Celebrity website. Then I inquired about LISTED perks - a credit in choice air, another was gratuities and I think the third was OBC. In any case regardless of the perk I wanted to use - each perk resulted in an INCREASE in the cruise fare, making using the perk more money than no perk! AND, if I use the perk (of course) I can't use any other benefit like the shareholder benefit or open passage.

Still undecided about the cruise but the best way for us to book is to decline any X perk.

M