Summit dining review August 3rd, 2014 - Aqua Class

dcguy9

We went on the Summit to Bermuda on the August 3rd sailing. It was a fantastic cruise with no complaints. Amazing service, beautiful ship and great food. Below is our very brief restaurant reviews:

Blu - GREAT breakfast. Dinners ranged from decent to pretty good; service and ambience was outstanding!

We purchased a specialty dining plan - 1 dinner at Normandie, 1 dinner at Qsine, and 1 meal at Bistro on 5. $76 a person total.

Normandie - As always, food and service were very good. With no package, the $50 per-person cover is overpriced.

Qsine - By far, our favorite restaurant. Great and unique food, really fun, yet upscale ambience.

Bistro on 5 - went for lunch. Paninis were pretty average. Overally, we would have rather eaten at the buffet.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I am so glad we had a few dinners in Blu. Of course, the food in the MDR is pretty good, but the ambience is rushed, servers are running around, and trays are piled high. There doesn't seem to be much personal service. Blu was all about personal service!

I did purchase the dining package onboard.

We like Blu for the whole experience vs the MDR. The room is small, pretty quiet, always resort casual, after a few days the staff knows you and welcomes you as you walk in. The food is very nice. I find the food in the MDR also very nice however the room is very noisy, the staff stretched rather thin and since select dinning has been added to fixed dinning the room feels like controlled madness to me.

I was on the Summit in July and found that Blu quality had gone down from last year. Yes service was top notch, but food quality and the selection of foods had changed for the worse, since 2013. Just my opinion.

We prefer to sail in A lower category if it is a budget choice, and dine in specialty restaurants by purchasing the all inclusive dining package with the savings. We then typically dine 4 nights in Normandie and 3 in Qsine. We also prefer lunch a few times at Bistro on Five. The package includes any special high tea or other special lunches. So many menu choices in the specialty restaurants and the service superior IMO. On the solstice class ships, especially the Silhouette and Reflection, you have many specialty choice restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

We like Blu for the whole experience vs the MDR. The room is small, pretty quiet, always resort casual, after a few days the staff knows you and welcomes you as you walk in. The food is very nice. I find the food in the MDR also very nice however the room is very noisy, the staff stretched rather thin and since select dinning has been added to fixed dinning the room feels like controlled madness to me.

Very well said. I also forgot that we did not need a suit or tie! Although, I will say that many people were dressed up for formal nights.