Celebrate a special occasion

Taste a different cuisine

Experience a smaller, more intimate area than the MDR

Avoid the need for formalwear since they are all smart casual every night

Dine with a group of new friends who are otherwise at different tables

Enjoy more personalized service

There are probably more reasons out there too

You said it perfectly.

Qsine is tons of fun and can be a 3-hour adventure. You can't get their food in the MDR.

Murano's is wonderful for a special occasion. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary last October. Fabulous service, excellent dinner. Some people may find the service 'stuffy' but we didn't.

Lawn Club Grill: Fun, fun! You can make your own flatbread pizza with the chef; even cook your own steaks (I wouldn't do that). Nice to sit outside while dining.

Tuscan Grill is now low on my list. I really liked it the first time but the last time, eh.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

Celebrate a special occasion

Taste a different cuisine

Experience a smaller, more intimate area than the MDR

Avoid the need for formalwear since they are all smart casual every night

Dine with a group of new friends who are otherwise at different tables

Enjoy more personalized service

There are probably more reasons out there too

For us, the smaller, more intimate area is the only reason.

For me, dining in the specialty restaurants is just for variety. I may be alone in this, but I did not care for Qusine at all. The waiters go through their spiel about the food and it went on and on. I know it's their job and I was polite and all, but exhausted after a full day and it got on my nerves. The ipads you ordered from were filthy and the food was just ok. The egg rolls and the vanilla cupcakes were the highlights. Tuscan grill was nothing special. Sorry guys. I actually enjoyed the specialty restaurants on the Oasis the year before; the one thing I liked best on that ship (plus Starbucks because I'm an addict):) Happy sailings! Pam

I'm interested to hear why people use the specialty dining? Is it a reflection on the mdr or that people want a choice of a different venue? :confused:

We go to the specialty restaurants primarily for variety, and to see what is new. For us it is no reflection on the MDR, which we have always found to be very good on Celebrity (except during the tenure of Elizabeth Blau, when there were all kinds of things on the menu I didn't care for at all).

On Silhouette, we really enjoyed the Lawn Grill. The meat was above-average quality and well-prepared, the sides were wonderful, and that warm cookie dessert is reason enough to go there. I wish you could get that dessert on other ships that don't have the Lawn Grill...(maybe somewhere you could just have salad and the dessert..I would like to eat the whole thing, just once :)). The vibe at Lawn Grill is really fun, and it's just a great night out.

We have tried the Tuscan Grill several times, both on Silhouette and on other ships, and always seem to have service issues there, for some strange reason. The food has been very good, though.

We had an outstanding experience in Murano on Solstice in May, probably our best specialty restaurant experience on any ship. We have enjoyed Qsine whenever we go there...we usually go there now if we are cruising with others who have never been there before. Silk Harvest was enjoyable, but now I find that the price is too high for what is on offer. We are probably spoiled because we are from Vancouver where we have wonderful Asian restaurants.

The one thing I like about the specialty restaurants, as well as Blu, is that because they are smaller, food that should be hot arrives hot, and food that should be cold arrives cold. Food temperature is one of my neuroses.;)

We are very happy to have the number of great dining options that we do have on Celebrity ships.

Edited by elena7seas

I'm interested to hear why people use the specialty dining? Is it a reflection on the mdr or that people want a choice of a different venue? :confused:

Personally I hardly ever do a specialty restaurant. It's definitely NOT a reflection on the MDR from my experiences on Celebrity.

I did do one in May on Silhouette (Lawn Club Grill) to celebrate my 40th birthday. It was good but honestly, not really much better than I'd have done in the MDR (for me - but i'm NOT a foodie lol).

On Silhouette, we really enjoyed the Lawn Grill. The meat was above-average quality and well-prepared, the sides were wonderful, and that warm cookie dessert is reason enough to go there. I wish you could get that dessert on other ships that don't have the Lawn Grill...(maybe somewhere you could just have salad and the dessert..I would like to eat the whole thing, just once :)). The vibe at Lawn Grill is really fun, and it's just a great night out.

That dessert is exactly why I booked the Lawn Club Grill!!! It was SOOOOOOOOOOO good. My meat was overcooked - but that's likely due to my having to send it back for being undercooked and then it just wasn't right after that lol. I think it had potential.

We dined there during sail away from Kotor which was fantastic. It's a great venue to do sailaway from when you want to be eating but not limiited in view.

We were on the silhouette this past April and we ate in the tuscan grill. We were extremely disappointed with the quality of food. Honestly, we enjoyed the food in the MDR much better. We had eaten in the tuscan grill a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much...either we hit them on an off day or the quality of the food has gone down exponentially......

What do you think of the specialty restaurants on Silhouette? Which do you recommend? What is the cost?

Thanks

We came off the Silhouette yesterday and dined in three of the speciality restaurants onboard - Lawn Grill, Qsine and Tuscan. I have to say all three were excellent. The costs have gone up quite a bit and each s now $45 per person which I think is too steep. We took discounts offered on each so didn't pay full price. Qsine is a lot of fun and a great way to sample lots of different dishes - go hungry! Great steaks at the lawn grill and perfectly cooked. Tuscan is good food and a wonderful venue.

We enjoy the variety that the speciality restaurants provide. For us it is not a reflection of the MDR as I thought the food this trip was up there with the best on any cruise we have ever done (and we have done a few). The staff were exceptional in the dining room. Ocean View café and the speciality restaurants.