Another Cheers question regarding Shots in dining room

Royals Carol

there was nothing fancy about the shot glasses i got on the Magic. not even on the port days. granted, there were 3 nights we didnt eat at the MDR (1st night: steak house...free wine. 2nd formal night: italian. and one night at the lido market) so im not sure what other glasses they had there, but these were the ones i got. i was hoping for a red one, and i bet they had a red one on the nights we didnt go! LoL

photo-121.jpg.54f053c5828c8e8e4c56efcca2338216.jpg

We have a bunch of the shot glasses from the MDR. I'm surprised you'd have to pay for the glass because the price is less than $10. I would think it would be covered, shot glass included. But I don't buy the Cheers package.

I'll try to answer as best I can since we didn't get the "Cheers" program on our most recent cruise this past April.

The cordial shots at dinner cost $8.50 (that includes glass & drink) and yes, you get to keep the glass. On our most recent cruise, there were five colors. The new one was blue, but a different shade of blue than the other blue one. It's on the far right in picture. As for just buying the glass, we did that on our cruise in May 2013. The cost was $4.75 for the glass. The colors I've seen normally are clear, blue, green and yellow. Again, the one on the far right was a new color for me this year. I'd love to see more colors and red would be a nice addition. My favorite drinks that came in them are the B52 (Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, and Grand Mariner, equal parts and layered) and a "Buttery ******". I can't put the second half of the name on here as I'm censoring myself, but that's what the actual name is. It's half Bailey's Irish Cream and half Butterscotch Schnapps and is very good.

I'm also attaching a scanned JPEG file of the "Cheers Program" card we received in our cabin upon arrival on our most recent cruise. The prices listed on this may be different. I've heard varying prices and some say it's depending on length of cruise but I'm not sure. It at least describes the program. As I mentioned earlier, we did not get the Cheers program since we didn't think it would be worth it. I like the souvenir glasses so half of what I had wouldn't be covered with it. I don't know if the cordial shot offered at dinner is considered a "souvenir glass", but it never hurts to ask.

IMG_7318.jpg

scan0035.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I'll try to answer as best I can since we didn't get the "Cheers" program on our most recent cruise this past April.

The cordial shots at dinner cost $8.50 (that includes glass & drink) and yes, you get to keep the glass. On our most recent cruise, there were five colors. The new one was blue, but a different shade of blue than the other blue one. It's on the far right in picture. As for just buying the glass, we did that on our cruise in May 2013. The cost was $4.75 for the glass. The colors I've seen normally are clear, blue, green and yellow. Again, the one on the far right was a new color for me this year. I'd love to see more colors and red would be a nice addition. My favorite drinks that came in them are the B52 (Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, and Grand Mariner, equal parts and layered) and a "Buttery ******". I can't put the second half of the name on here as I'm censoring myself, but that's what the actual name is. It's half Bailey's Irish Cream and half Butterscotch Schnapps and is very good.

I'm also attaching a scanned JPEG file of the "Cheers Program" card we received in our cabin upon arrival on our most recent cruise. The prices listed on this may be different. I've heard varying prices and some say it's depending on length of cruise but I'm not sure. It at least describes the program. As I mentioned earlier, we did not get the Cheers program since we didn't think it would be worth it. I like the souvenir glasses so half of what I had wouldn't be covered with it. I don't know if the cordial shot offered at dinner is considered a "souvenir glass", but it never hurts to ask.

IMG_7318.jpg

scan0035.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures.. At this point, all I can do is wait and see. I too, would like to see the shot glass in Red...