Just Wondering.

Quayley

So, I've just been thinking, why do only a few ships have Freestyle machines, and not all? Thanks if you can answer, if you can't, no problem... I'm just curious.:rolleyes:

Edited by Quayley

So, I've just been thinking, why are there no Freestyle machines on some ships? Thanks if you can answer, if you can't, no problem... I'm just curious.:rolleyes:

They have to drydock the ships to add them. It is not an easy thing. I think as more are drydocked more will have them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dumb question.What is a Freestyle machine?

They are these big Coke machines. Its a little weird. It has a touchscreen display. You choose what soda you want. You can drink that soda plain or add flavors to it...some good like Vanilla Dr Pepper and some not so good like Coke grape.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Larger ships have a much bigger demand on bar service and this easily saves labour in that area and gives quicker service

Also the ship needs to be designed to take the space

Essentially it is a labour resource productivity excercise that brought them in plus additional range of sodas they can't keep in bars

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Larger ships have a much bigger demand on bar service and this easily saves labour in that area and gives quicker service

Also the ship needs to be designed to take the space

Essentially it is a labour resource productivity excercise that brought them in plus additional range of sodas they can't keep in bars

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except that there are Freestyle machines on at least one ship in each class of the fleet.

Majesty

Enchantment

Jewel

Explorer

Freedom

Oasis

Are there self-serve soda machines on the ships that don't have freestyle? Or do you have to go to a bar every time you want a soda?

No self serve soda machines except for Freestyle. Your choice would a server in a bar or restaurant.

Ugh. Oh well. Thanks.

Which just proves the old adage. You can't make all the people happy all the time.

Some people complain about having to wait on themselves and serve themselves.

Some people complain about having to ask someone to serve them.

RC just can't win.

:eek: :p

Which just proves the old adage. You can't make all the people happy all the time.

Some people complain about having to wait on themselves and serve themselves.

Some people complain about having to ask someone to serve them.

RC just can't win.

:eek: :p

I guess I just figured since the drink packages that include soda give you a cup, it was RFID chipped or something so that you'd have to have the cup in place to activate the machine. Seems kind of pointless to give you a cup otherwise.

I guess I just figured since the drink packages that include soda give you a cup, it was RFID chipped or something so that you'd have to have the cup in place to activate the machine. Seems kind of pointless to give you a cup otherwise.

They have been giving out the cups since they started selling soda packages, years ago. They just didn't have chips in them. But they look pretty much the same now as they did then.

I think that the first Freestyle machines were installed not too long ago - almost exactly two years.

:)

I think that it has to do with that the supplies are only available in the US so they would have trouble keeping the flavors stocked overseas.

You are almost fully correct. The exception is the machines cannot be serviced outside the US either. If something goes wrong with it Coke send a tech to fix it. I would think this is the biggest thing keeping Royal from rolling the machines out fleet wide. Its a little more difficult and costly to fly a tech in to fix a machine than it is to get flavors shipped.

It is an insulated cup with a cover. Supposed to keep the soda cooler.

I cant see not having them on stock a big deal. Just load them each week. I know they probably sell alot of soda packages on the Oasis class ships just by having them machines. my cruise next year the Adventure doesnt have one :(

I just hate bugging the bartenders for pop you always feel like you are bugging them. I think my last two cruises with the free style machines, i may have gone to a bartender two times for a pop