Drink package

We are cruising in November my fiancé bought drink package 220.00 I'm not a big drinker as he is. Am I going to be able to use his drink card or does he get a band? Meaning can I get a few drinks wo spending another 220.00 And just use his card too .....

You are not all allowed to share one package between two, maybe you should think of other holiday options.

Popcorn at the ready.

Hmm, a forum for questions, answers and discussions re-cruising and your response is "other holiday options"? Perhaps you should think of other forum options where popcorn isn't required.

Don't mind the grump, :confused: this place is full of them. The general opinion here is that a single drink package is for one and that any sharing of said drink package is stealing, which is punishable by condemnation, ostracisation, verbal flagellation :eek: (with concomitant mouth froth) and a few nasty terms involving dodgy ancestors. Oh and you will be excluded from group hugs, that's a given.

In reality though it is frowned upon by RCI and considered to be against the spirit in which the package is sold, which may result in a reprimand from a ships officer and an immediate demand that your partner drink both drinks instead of just the one. So my advice is be prepared and always have two straws handy so he can consume both drinks at once.

Also welcome to CC, and now that you have discovered that asking questions about drink packages is fraught with danger I might suggest you steer clear of topics involving, tipping, auto-gratuities, alcohol smuggling, shorts in the MDR and queuing for anything as well.

On the plus side there are 3 types of alcoholic drink packages available, so if you want to avoid consumer wrath, there may be a cheaper one that suits your needs.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise though, Royal Caribbean really is a great product. Remember, it's your vacation, enjoy it as you wish :)

Thank you everyone... I was just asking. I have no problem buying drinks just wondered how the package works being together and in the same room. I will definetly look into the othe packages or just pay as I go, like I said I may have 2or3 drinks if that a day. Im am looking forward to my cruise and cannot wait to go!!!! Thanks again! ;)

Hmm, a forum for questions, answers and discussions re-cruising and your response is "other holiday options"? Perhaps you should think of other forum options where popcorn isn't required.

Don't mind the grump, :confused: this place is full of them. The general opinion here is that a single drink package is for one and that any sharing of said drink package is stealing, which is punishable by condemnation, ostracisation, verbal flagellation :eek: (with concomitant mouth froth) and a few nasty terms involving dodgy ancestors. Oh and you will be excluded from group hugs, that's a given.

In reality though it is frowned upon by RCI and considered to be against the spirit in which the package is sold, which may result in a reprimand from a ships officer and an immediate demand that your partner drink both drinks instead of just the one. So my advice is be prepared and always have two straws handy so he can consume both drinks at once.

Also welcome to CC, and now that you have discovered that asking questions about drink packages is fraught with danger I might suggest you steer clear of topics involving, tipping, auto-gratuities, alcohol smuggling, shorts in the MDR and queuing for anything as well.

On the plus side there are 3 types of alcoholic drink packages available, so if you want to avoid consumer wrath, there may be a cheaper one that suits your needs.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise though, Royal Caribbean really is a great product. Remember, it's your vacation, enjoy it as you wish :)

Seriouslyl? It's not an opinion. It's a fact that the drink package is per person, period. I'm not sure why people think that just because they spend a lot of money on something that they should be able to do what they want with it and ignore the rules. RCI sets the prices and rules where they do to make money as a business.

I get the impression that you are one of those people that think rules do not apply to them. And, you're also the reason that at some point the rules will change and not to your liking.

Edited by BND

Thank you everyone... I was just asking. I have no problem buying drinks just wondered how the package works being together and in the same room. I will definetly look into the othe packages or just pay as I go, like I said I may have 2or3 drinks if that a day. Im am looking forward to my cruise and cannot wait to go!!!! Thanks again! ;)

Have a great cruise. Just look at the drink situation as if you were going to a restaurant that offers an all you can eat option which your fiancé wants. You, however, feel you only want a salad. You can purchase an ala carte salad but your fiancé cannot bring you one or share the rest of his food with you.

I did the drink package on NCL and they required that if you ordered their drink package everyone that was assigned to your room over the age of 21 were also required to purchase a drink package. So it was everyone or no one.

Am I understanding this correctly that this is not the case with RC? My hubby only drinks beer, so he would only need the cheap package. I would prefer to pay as I go, as I won't drink nearly as much as he will.

1st time for us on RC, so I want to get all my ducks in a row. :)

thanks

I did the drink package on NCL and they required that if you ordered their drink package everyone that was assigned to your room over the age of 21 were also required to purchase a drink package. So it was everyone or no one.

Am I understanding this correctly that this is not the case with RC? My hubby only drinks beer, so he would only need the cheap package. I would prefer to pay as I go, as I won't drink nearly as much as he will.

1st time for us on RC, so I want to get all my ducks in a row. :)

thanks

Correct, Royal does not currently require everyone in the stateroom to purchase a package.

I love the lighthearted response to the OP who was just asking a simple question for clarification. Some people are way to serious.

Edited by dacsmom

LOL Bravo!

Seriouslyl? It's not an opinion. It's a fact that the drink package is per person, period. I'm not sure why people think that just because they spend a lot of money on something that they should be able to do what they want with it and ignore the rules. RCI sets the prices and rules where they do to make money as a business.

I get the impression that you are one of those people that think rules do not apply to them. And, you're also the reason that at some point the rules will change and not to your liking.

Seriously :eek: get a grip and learn to laugh before you blow a foofoo valve

Seriously, I get the impression that you are one of those people that think your opinion means something in a forum full of opinions. As to what I do or don't do in regard to rules you can speculate until you suffer the a fore mentioned mouth froth and after such you will still be non the wiser, but will at least have some froth for your coffee. :cool:

Seriously, the facts are that RCI sells the drink packages and lays down the rules associated with the purchase of such packages and also determines how the rules shall be enforced and by whom. It is however, in my "opinion" not left to you as a either a guest on the ship or as a sideline reporter to decide the facts, you can however offer up your opinion. :rolleyes:

And in all seriousness, RCI also state in their pre-boarding facts that "Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use." Yet I see opinion after opinion here that informs people they can take on bottles of water or soda. Does your righteous wrath and foam follow these posts denouncing the opinions as not fact? :p

And now it's time for a question of you BND, given that there are a number of posts in this forum refering to the drink packages and each poster says there own thoughts, how would you describe these thoughts as a hole, would you call them opinions or facts? I call them opinions, because, well in fact they are opinions.

Edited by basilisk43
opinions and facts question

Seriously :eek: get a grip and learn to laugh before you blow a foofoo valve

Seriously, I get the impression that you are one of those people that think your opinion means something in a forum full of opinions. As to what I do or don't do in regard to rules you can speculate until you suffer the a fore mentioned mouth froth and after such you will still be non the wiser, but will at least have some froth for your coffee. :cool:

Seriously, the facts are that RCI sells the drink packages and lays down the rules associated with the purchase of such packages and also determines how the rules shall be enforced and by whom. It is however, in my "opinion" not left to you as a either a guest on the ship or as a sideline reporter to decide the facts, you can however offer up your opinion. :rolleyes:

And in all seriousness, RCI also state in their pre-boarding facts that "Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use." Yet I see opinion after opinion here that informs people they can take on bottles of water or soda. Does your righteous wrath and foam follow these posts denouncing the opinions as not fact? :p

And now it's time for a question of you BND, given that there are a number of posts in this forum refering to the drink packages and each poster says there own thoughts, how would you describe these thoughts as a hole, would you call them opinions or facts? I call them opinions, because, well in fact they are opinions.

My opinion is that your stating your opinion is no more important than anyone else's opinion, but the fact that the drink package is per person is not an opinion. My opinion about bringing on water, soda, alcohol, etc onboard is the same. I do none of the above and I don't need someone to be obnoxious and tell me I can't have an opinion, but I also hate it when some feel their life's goal is to put someone down because they do follow the rules.

A "hole", what's that mean? Oh, a "whole". Opinions are opinions. Doesn't matter if someone's opinion is that it's okay to share the drink package because the fact is, it's not. It's a per person package, correct?

How is it not a fact that it's a per person package? How hard is that to understand?:rolleyes:

Not to mention, there are several posters here who get a thrill out of encouraging people to do things they know they shouldn't. Some get such a kick out of almost daring others to do things they probably wouldn't do themselves. Then, there are those that encourage others so they can say "see, everyone else does it". How mature is that? Reminds me of 12 year olds.

I can't wait to read the whining when RCI figures out how to stop some of the things that people on here encourage. As I've said on one other thread, the fact that CC allows people to discuss breaking cruiseline rules is not the norm. For example, the DIS board deletes or closes any thread that discusses breaking any of Disney's rules.

Have a great day. I know I will. I get to spend it with my best friend that I've had since I was 13.

Edited by BND

My husband and I have the same problem. He is getting the drink package and I'm just paying as I go since I barely drink. He can probably drink 3 -4 drinks to my 1 and I sure don't want to get sick on vacation. So I would just have him buy the package and you can get drinks when you feel like it.

My opinion is that your stating your opinion is no more important than anyone else's opinion, but the fact that the drink package is per person is not an opinion. My opinion about bringing on water, soda, alcohol, etc onboard is the same. I do none of the above and I don't need someone to be obnoxious and tell me I can't have an opinion, but I also hate it when some feel their life's goal is to put someone down because they do follow the rules.

A "hole", what's that mean? Oh, a "whole". Opinions are opinions. Doesn't matter if someone's opinion is that it's okay to share the drink package because the fact is, it's not. It's a per person package, correct?

How is it not a fact that it's a per person package? How hard is that to understand?:rolleyes:

Not to mention, there are several posters here who get a thrill out of encouraging people to do things they know they shouldn't. Some get such a kick out of almost daring others to do things they probably wouldn't do themselves. Then, there are those that encourage others so they can say "see, everyone else does it". How mature is that? Reminds me of 12 year olds.

I can't wait to read the whining when RCI figures out how to stop some of the things that people on here encourage. As I've said on one other thread, the fact that CC allows people to discuss breaking cruiseline rules is not the norm. For example, the DIS board deletes or closes any thread that discusses breaking any of Disney's rules.

Have a great day. I know I will. I get to spend it with my best friend that I've had since I was 13.

My generation: 60's rebelled against any standards and now we have a delightful entitlement society with the word "cheating" not even in the

vocabulary of the culture

Trying to decide if a drink package is worth it. If I drink 4 vodka tonics a day , what would it cost be if I pay as I go? For a day? Is a Pina Colada covered under which package??

Thanks

The Premium package would cover the Vodka Tonic and the Pina Colada. My guess is that 4 Vodka Tonics and a Pina Colada would be less than the $55 per day that the Premium Package costs. Another couple of drinks and you would be close to breaking even.

Trying to decide if a drink package is worth it. If I drink 4 vodka tonics a day , what would it cost be if I pay as I go? For a day? Is a Pina Colada covered under which package??

Thanks

The break-even is somewhere in the 5-6 drinks range . . . you have to factor in a 15% tip on the drinks that is automatically added to the purchase price when you buy them individually. This tip is included in the drink package.

Also, remember that sodas are covered with the package as well. And wine with dinner.

Someone on this forum did a terrific cost breakdown of the drinks with RCI and where it became cost-effective for the package. Maybe someone else can post that link.

I don't know how some of you can enjoy yourself doing anything, as grouchy as you are, even cruising. Stuffy snobs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, first post LOL. Either you're trolling or you're afraid to post using your real screen name.

Edited by BND