Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

I dont think I will be alone on this thread in saying that this is exactly the kind of cruise ship I will not ever bother booking. It will be a big shame if this is the way many cruise lines are going to go.

Agreed, my thoughts exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

<<< Especially if you are in deep in a conversation, because you have to be discrete. I did have an interesting conversation with the Gym Manager, when I asked him how he flexed his pectoral muscles. He was super friendly. >>>

<<< I tried to show everyone that it was okay to shower out there, they finally caught on by the end of the cruise. >>>

Yeah I have been in some deep conversations with the locker room attendants on various ships. One guy, on the Celebrity Summit, was very interested in my conversations, to the point where we spent many hours together engaged in deep personal discussions over a few days! ;)

I have even had intimate conversations with a Captain, a ship comedian, a performance crew lead, a band member, a night club bouncer, etc.

Gets very hot and sweaty in there when you engage in long chat sessions :) ;) :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed to hear the Empress of the Seas does not have showers or sauna. I thought i read it did have a sauna and a locker room. We are booked for March (Key West and Cozumel) and I enjoy using the men's only steam and sauna. I guess it is not happening on this ship. Oh well.

thank you twallo

Reporting Live from The Liberty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean)...

Happy to report and confirm that the men's-only free sauna facility is fantastic on this ship!

Facilities description: Large Wet Sauna (seats at least 10 comfortably), Large dry sauna with portholes to the ocean (although almost entirely covered by immovable wood louvers; seats about 15 comfortably). 6 individual showers, 3 (in a separate area between the lockers and the saunas) with glass doors, another 2 directly across from the dry sauna with glass doors, and one larger handicapped shower with a curtain across from the wet spa. A locker room area with benches, a separate bathroom (toilet room), a water fountain, a sink and mirror directly across from the dry sauna, and a small resting bench directly outside of the wet sauna.

This sauna area has been open 8am-8pm every day so far. And it's kept very clean with plenty of towels always stocked. The attendants tidy up and restock about every 30 minutes or so, but I have yet to see them check inside the saunas.

Only negative has been the lockers. They don't seem to have enough of them working, so they run out of them quickly. But, I prefer just bundling my belongings in a towel and not bothering with the locker anyway...makes it much easier to come and go as I desire (you have to leave your room card in exchange for the locker key).

There is no check-in process (unless you get a locker key), as you simply walk in just off the entrance to the gym, which is a deck down from the Spa (where you get the keys to the lockers - another inconvenience). There is also a "secret" entrance from outside the gym, as this also (unfortunately) serves as the men's restroom in this section of the ship. It's hard to find, however, and I only noticed it being used a handful of times as a restroom so far.

Anyway, just three nights into a 7 night cruise out of Galveston, TX, but loving it so far!

Reply with any other specific questions I might be able to answer....

Happy Cruising!

Reporting Live from The Liberty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean)...

Happy to report and confirm that the men's-only free sauna facility is fantastic on this ship!

Facilities description: Large Wet Sauna (seats at least 10 comfortably), Large dry sauna with portholes to the ocean (although almost entirely covered by immovable wood louvers; seats about 15 comfortably). 6 individual showers, 3 (in a separate area between the lockers and the saunas) with glass doors, another 2 directly across from the dry sauna with glass doors, and one larger handicapped shower with a curtain across from the wet spa. A locker room area with benches, a separate bathroom (toilet room), a water fountain, a sink and mirror directly across from the dry sauna, and a small resting bench directly outside of the wet sauna.

This sauna area has been open 8am-8pm every day so far. And it's kept very clean with plenty of towels always stocked. The attendants tidy up and restock about every 30 minutes or so, but I have yet to see them check inside the saunas.

Only negative has been the lockers. They don't seem to have enough of them working, so they run out of them quickly. But, I prefer just bundling my belongings in a towel and not bothering with the locker anyway...makes it much easier to come and go as I desire (you have to leave your room card in exchange for the locker key).

There is no check-in process (unless you get a locker key), as you simply walk in just off the entrance to the gym, which is a deck down from the Spa (where you get the keys to the lockers - another inconvenience). There is also a "secret" entrance from outside the gym, as this also (unfortunately) serves as the men's restroom in this section of the ship. It's hard to find, however, and I only noticed it being used a handful of times as a restroom so far.

Anyway, just three nights into a 7 night cruise out of Galveston, TX, but loving it so far!

Reply with any other specific questions I might be able to answer....

Happy Cruising!

This sounds exactly like the setup on the Freedom of the Seas, I vividly remember every detail you describe. Very nice atmosphere with attendance from lots of gentlemen, very busy in the sauna and steam. :p

The locker room attendant was very attentive and tended to all my needs, each and every time I was there! Very friendly and accommodating... :cool:

• Haha 1

Anyone sailed on the Carnival Vista yet and can share facility details?

I see the deckplan includes a sauna but I've read there are both sauna and steamrooms in the locker area.

Can anyone confirm what facilities are in place and any details are appreciated.

If not, I will be sure to post what I find when I sail her next month.

Just back from my third cruise on Indy of the Sea & am pleased to say that the sauna/steam facilities remain single sex & free. Towels were plentiful at all times & the facility was spotless, the only gripe being that the bins for used towels were far to small resulting in towels being left on benches/floor.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have current information on the steam and sauna facilities on the new Regal and Royal Princess? Location? Are they complimentary? Coed or single sex?

Thank you!

Hi I am traveling on this ship next year. Was the question ever answered on whether there is a complimentary or paid sauna steam area? Is it coed or single sex?

Any able to chime in with definite information?

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Vista

Super small sauna, no steam room in mens locker. Two tier, l-shaped benches, seats maybe 4 on each level but it would be very tight.

Nice and hot, clean. Too many shorts-wearing loud talkers visiting while Wife is in the spa etc. Was a nice spot when these crowds weren't present.

Only 2 showers, no waterfountain (sinks available).

Trying to attach pictures of locker/sauna but boards are acting up again.

Carnival Vista

Super small sauna, no steam room in mens locker. Two tier, l-shaped benches, seats maybe 4 on each level but it would be very tight.

Nice and hot, clean. Too many shorts-wearing loud talkers visiting while Wife is in the spa etc. Was a nice spot when these crowds weren't present.

Only 2 showers, no waterfountain (sinks available).

Trying to attach pictures of locker/sauna but boards are acting up again.

Email if you want pics of the locker/sauna. I will try to reply to any I receive.

• 2 weeks later...
Any info. on Celebrity Equinox sauna/steam?

Free?

Setup?

Co-ed?

The Equinox setup is the same as all 5 Solstice Class ships. There's a very small locker room with lockers, 2 toilet stalls {1 handicapped) 3 individual showers (1 handicapped) and 1 small sauna. There is a coed Thermal Suite with additional sauna & steam rooms and heated tile loungers for fee access.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk