Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Scheduled to sail the Carnival Radiance on 4/25/22. Selected this 4-night cruise now that I’m located on the west coast, have always been curious about Catalina Island and (having never sailed CCL) was curious to see how the line’s efforts to rebrand/remake their onboard experience manifests on a renovated/renamed vessel.

I believe the Carnival Radiance’s “sisters” (that already had their refurbishments) may have had their separate men’s steam & sauna facilities removed, but hoping they might still exist on this ship.

If I opt to keep this cruise booked, I’ll keep everyone apprised of my findings. If someone beats me to it, please report back!!

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Scheduled to sail the Carnival Radiance on 4/25/22. Selected this 4-night cruise now that I’m located on the west coast, have always been curious about Catalina Island and (having never sailed CCL) was curious to see how the line’s efforts to rebrand/remake their onboard experience manifests on a renovated/renamed vessel.

I believe the Carnival Radiance’s “sisters” (that already had their refurbishments) may have had their separate men’s steam & sauna facilities removed, but hoping they might still exist on this ship.

If I opt to keep this cruise booked, I’ll keep everyone apprised of my findings. If someone beats me to it, please report back!!

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

Great to see you on the thread once again!!  I hope you enjoy your Carnival cruises.  Thanks so much for starting this thread!!

On 11/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

It's really difficult to tell on the deck plans on the website. Usually on ships that have a large thermal area (Dream, Magic, Breeze, Panorama) there is a free sauna or steam in the gym locker room. The Carnival Miracle, which is also on the west coast, still has a separate and free sauna and steam rooms.

Having difficulty finding if Brilliance of the Seas retained both locker room steam and sauna past its 2018 refurbisment. Has any one been on it lately? (The CCritic board list of free locker room sauna/steam mentions only a small sauna and leaves the steam columns blank. The Vacations to Go deck plans for Royal Carribean are never as complete as they are for the other cruise line deck plans.)

On 11/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, ouse456 said:

Having difficulty finding if Brilliance of the Seas retained both locker room steam and sauna past its 2018 refurbisment. Has any one been on it lately? (The CCritic board list of free locker room sauna/steam mentions only a small sauna and leaves the steam columns blank. The Vacations to Go deck plans for Royal Carribean are never as complete as they are for the other cruise line deck plans.)

I found this: Brilliance Sauna & Steam - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

So it sounds like yes, Brilliance still have both facilities, free, in the locker rooms.

2 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

I found this: Brilliance Sauna & Steam - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

So it sounds like yes, Brilliance still have both facilities, free, in the locker rooms.

Thanks,CntPA. This is helpful. With current trends to remove them and with Web sites that do not have a date attached to their entries, it's sometimes hard to be certain. RCCL has their free s/s rooms closed due to Covid and its hard to determine when they will open up. Carnival has them opened to vaccinated cruisers, but announced recently that they will extend their Covid restrictions until March.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, ouse456 said:

I was on in 2019 and they were still in place. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:30 AM, twodjs said:

We've got space in that nice sauna for more! Celecruise19, email me hwfishie372@gmail dot com and we can find a time to meet on the day we board.

Anyone else on the Koningsdam Sunday Nov. 21 to Mexico?

We were on Holland America's Koningsdam Nov. 21- 28. The men's and women's free single-sex saunas were not working and have been closed for the last 3 cruises - I was told it wasn't covid related but a failed part that was causing an alarm notification every few minutes. A replacement part has been ordered but no date for repair. ☹ The paid spa area was not affected.

5 hours ago, twodjs said:

We were on Holland America's Koningsdam Nov. 21- 28. The men's and women's free single-sex saunas were not working and have been closed for the last 3 cruises - I was told it wasn't covid related but a failed part that was causing an alarm notification every few minutes. A replacement part has been ordered but no date for repair. ☹ The paid spa area was not affected.

That must have been very disappointing 😞 have sailed Koningsdam several times and love the free sauna with that great window. Met some very nice people in there also.

18 hours ago, alexdw said:

That must have been very disappointing 😞 have sailed Koningsdam several times and love the free sauna with that great window. Met some very nice people in there also.

Big disappointment! Not only were there others from CC on board, but I've also met several from the San Diego area during past HAL Mexico cruises. Three very nice sea days on this itinerary. 

37 minutes ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hey guys. Does anyone have experience of the spa set up on Regent Seven Seas Mariner?

Im considering this for a "Special Birthday" treat.

I know its a small and upmarket ship and wondering if they have separate mens and women's steam room and sauna. 

Any information would be gratefully received.

Just sailed on Splendor and both men and womens steam and saunas, and gym open (and relatively uncrowded.  While in European waters every other machine labeled off limits, then opened in US/intl waters.

5 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Just sailed on Splendor and both men and womens steam and saunas, and gym open (and relatively uncrowded.  While in European waters every other machine labeled off limits, then opened in US/intl waters.

Thanks Steve. I think the Splendor and the mariner are a similar size ship.Are the sauna and steam room a decent size?

We were on Navigator on a circumnavigation of Australia just before lock down and have to say the steam room was a joke. 2 person max and the sauna not a lot bigger, possibly 6 man at a push.

We tend to take longer cruises and I like to enjoy the spa time. 

19 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Thanks Steve. I think the Splendor and the mariner are a similar size ship.Are the sauna and steam room a decent size?

We were on Navigator on a circumnavigation of Australia just before lock down and have to say the steam room was a joke. 2 person max and the sauna not a lot bigger, possibly 6 man at a push.

We tend to take longer cruises and I like to enjoy the spa 

Might google search for photos. Seemed quite big to me for being onboard a ship.