Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

8 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

Just checking that database is correct?

I'm  due to go on Jewel summer 24 & Independence later on.

The database said the sauna  is a  part of Thermal suite , and not sure how its payable 

But reading reviews of passages who recently been on them

That its still free , and that theres not even a Thermal suite on either ship ?

I check deckplans and not the database. Jewel OTS has a sauna and steam room in the locker room in the spa/gym area. Free and male only. They removed the thermal suite on Jewel OTS in 2016.

On 10/18/2023 at 10:12 PM, natefish95 said:

I check deck plans and not the database. Jewel OTS has a sauna and steam room in the locker room in the spa/gym area. Free and male only. They removed the thermal suite on Jewel OTS in 2016.

Be careful of deck plans. We did the Emerald Princess recently. The deck plans were not updated.

So, when asked before the trip if they had free steam and sauna, they looked at the non-updated plans and said yes...we paid a lot of money and no free steam or sauna. 

10 hours ago, sauna director said:

Be careful of deck plans. We did the Emerald Princess recently. The deck plans were not updated.

So, when asked before the trip if they had free steam and sauna, they looked at the non-updated plans and said yes...we paid a lot of money and no free steam or sauna. 

Same happened to us on Emerald back in March and we were very passed off. They gave is a reduction on the spa fee but was not worth it and nobody used it.

2 hours ago, iramack said:

Will Regal Princess be the same as the pictures?   I'm on Dec 3rd....................

No it is different. The Regal has the Enclave Supplement Charge space with a large whirlpool, dry heat and steam heat rooms, heated loungers, therapy showers. It is co-ed and great but there is very little stimulating conversation. It is quiet and understated. I really like it. 

3 minutes ago, Chad_O said:

No it is different. The Regal has the Enclave Supplement Charge space with a large whirlpool, dry heat and steam heat rooms, heated loungers, therapy showers. It is co-ed and great but there is very little stimulating conversation. It is quiet and understated. I really like it. 

Thanks for the info!

Which changing rooms have the showers? Enclave or Gym area? Or Both?

Edited by iramack

19 hours ago, LEESRE said:

Anyone joining Queen Victoria in December 2023??

I’m on the Queen Victoria now. It’s the first day onboard and I went to the sauna already. It’s a good sized one in the men’s locker room and free. It was pretty quiet in there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billys5764 said:

I’m on the Queen Victoria now. It’s the first day onboard and I went to the sauna already. It’s a good sized one in the men’s locker room and free. It was pretty quiet in there. 

Yes, in my experience the first day is quiet and it gets busier as more people find out that it exists - it’s not really publicised much!  I agree that afternoons are generally busier than mornings; I guess it depends on whether you prefer quiet and solitude,

or a bit more social interaction. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:42 AM, billys5764 said:

Victoria is my favorite sauna. Love the huge window.

• Like 1