Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

12 hours ago, sauna director said:

Happy new year, everybody! Safe sailing!

We're on the Venezia on Jan. 14th. We have read mixed results.... Wish us luck!😁

I had a GREAT time on Venezia back in November on the 12 day sailing. The little hot tub can comfortably fit 2 people. The only annoying thing is that the locker area is VERY tiny with only a little bench, so if there are 3 people there at once, it gets cramped.

Also, the shower is no longer clear glass. They put a translucent covering over it halfway through my sailing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2023 at 8:17 AM, bejwee said:

Just got back from 9 days on the NCL pearl. Can confirm that in the paid thermal area there are still separate men's and women's wet areas on either side of the ship with a coed area in the middle. Men's side still has an awesome sauna, small but working steam, single person hot tub, and single person cold plunge.  Super disappointed at the crowd in there though, lots of people in suits yammering away that don't have spa etiquette. I sat in the sauna and steam naked on a towel, but there we're only other two folks on ship following suit.  There is a small two to three person steam room attached to the gym in the men's bathroom, that was not super frequented either.  It's a shame because so many people go on Royal Caribbean and the food is so much worse than NCL, although the entertainment is better. 

I’m going on the Pearl next week and I specifically chose this ship (as opposed to Scarlet Lady) for the spa thermal suite set up. Disappointing to hear most weren’t adhering to spa etiquette and dress code typical for single sex spa areas. I’m hoping on our full cruise sailing next week I won’t be the only one of the few adhering to the typical etiquette! Did you find  that those that did use the areas in the buff twist limit that to the sauna and steam or was that for the hot tub and cold plunge/showers/loungers as well? How closed off is it from the coed area?

Thanks!

Gary 

Currently on the Siver Dawn. Great single sex sauna and steam room facility. I am always nude once inside. Locker room separate. You have to enter a coed area then into the male only area. Very underused. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, greg1969 said:

Currently on the Siver Dawn. Great single sex sauna and steam room facility. I am always nude once inside. Locker room separate. You have to enter a coed area then into the male only area. Very underused. 

Did you find the water setup on that cart as annoying as I do?  Good steam and sauna for sure. Missing a cold plunge.

1 hour ago, GaryR6273 said:

I’m going on the Pearl next week and I specifically chose this ship (as opposed to Scarlet Lady) for the spa thermal suite set up. Disappointing to hear most weren’t adhering to spa etiquette and dress code typical for single sex spa areas. I’m hoping on our full cruise sailing next week I won’t be the only one of the few adhering to the typical etiquette! Did you find  that those that did use the areas in the buff twist limit that to the sauna and steam or was that for the hot tub and cold plunge/showers/loungers as well? How closed off is it from the coed area?

Thanks!

Gary 

The only time I saw other naked people they were sitting in the steam or sauna on a towel like I do. Lots of people walking in and out from the co-ed area so they are going to be wearing suits as they were out there with their spouses or whoever. It's fine to be naked in there though, the door to the coed area is angled as such that no one will ever see in.  I used the single person hot tub naked as well but did not see anyone else doing it.  The setup is totally awesome, in my experience just the passengers were not.. good luck!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bejwee said:

Did you find the water setup on that cart as annoying as I do?  Good steam and sauna for sure. Missing a cold plunge.

Yeah I totally agree. Water situation is a bit strange. When were you on the ship. 

12 hours ago, bejwee said:

The only time I saw other naked people they were sitting in the steam or sauna on a towel like I do. Lots of people walking in and out from the co-ed area so they are going to be wearing suits as they were out there with their spouses or whoever. It's fine to be naked in there though, the door to the coed area is angled as such that no one will ever see in.  I used the single person hot tub naked as well but did not see anyone else doing it.  The setup is totally awesome, in my experience just the passengers were not.. good luck!

Hopefully despite the rudeness of some of the other guests, it still provided a place for a nice conversation or two. I’ve already connected with another guest who will be enjoying the men’s area as I will be. Thank you for the heads up! 

• Like 3

Hi Greg, glad to hear you enjoyed the steam & sauna setup on Silver Dawn. I am on Silver Muse next month and hoping it will be a similar set up.
On the last 2 cruises, saga and princess, there were no single sex facilities. 
I shall post my findings when on board. 
Any other sauna users on Silver Muse Melbourne to Auckland ?

Hello gents,

I’m still considering a short cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette later this year, but finding conflicting information on precisely WHEN this ship was last refurbished. I’ve seen mention  here as recently as August, 2023, of the sauna located in the men’s locker room still being intact. However, some of the refurbishment articles describing changes to the fitness area I found were dated October - 2023.

Calling Celebrity to inquire about such information is…a challenge.

Thanks in advance for your insights and I’d also welcome your recommendations on the best sites for information on ship refurbishments.

Best,

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(founding OP of this thread, est. 2005 😈👍🏻)

21 hours ago, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Hello gents,

I’m still considering a short cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette later this year, but finding conflicting information on precisely WHEN this ship was last refurbished. I’ve seen mention  here as recently as August, 2023, of the sauna located in the men’s locker room still being intact. However, some of the refurbishment articles describing changes to the fitness area I found were dated October - 2023.

Thanks in advance for your insights and I’d also welcome your recommendations on the best sites for information on ship refurbishments.

Best,

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

I put the post up about it in August, 

To my knowledge nothing has changed..

Maybe ask on a forum that is just for that ship ?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, tonygcharles said:

I put the post up about it in August, 

To my knowledge nothing has changed..

Maybe ask on a forum that is just for that ship ?

Thank you, TonyG. I’d seen your post, but also on this site I’d seen a formal review dated in October, 2023, indicating the ship had recently come out of dry dock from being refurbished, so I wasn’t certain.

I think you’re absolutely correct and all should be fine based on your most recent assessment.

Kindly,

Gigglewolf

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Hello gents,

Best,

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

The only refurbishments on Celebrity ships that affected the men's locker room sauna were on the M Class ships (only the Summit and Millennium were affected). Any refurbishments that S Class ships had did not affect the saunas. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STLCRUISIN said:

The only refurbishments on Celebrity ships that affected the men's locker room sauna were on the M Class ships (only the Summit and Millennium were affected). Any refurbishments that S Class ships had did not affect the saunas. 

Thank you, STL! Concise & succinct. 🙌🏻👍🏻

I will probably be doing a 4+3 day BtoB on Reflection out of FLL in mid June.  Looking forward to the Sauna setup and some nice relaxing conversations!

Edited by iramack

19 hours ago, iramack said:

I will probably be doing a 4+3 day BtoB on Reflection out of FLL in mid June.  Looking forward to the Sauna setup and some nice relaxing conversations!

BOOKED!! Yippee.........................I can feel the heat already!!  LOL

20 hours ago, Rooney428 said:

Anyone been on the celebrity beyond?  Their deck plans don't give a good picture of what it's like. 

I haven't been on Beyond, but have sailed on sister ship Edge and no free sauna or steam.  Only the Co-Ed Persian Garden concept.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoePDX said:

I haven't been on Beyond, but have sailed on sister ship Edge and no free sauna or steam.  Only the Co-Ed Persian Garden concept.

YUK!!   Just Saying

• Like 1