Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

I must admit- I was on a cruise a few years back, and in the co-Ed spa hot tub.  Another couple got in also and some small talk started. Which led to some laughs.  Before I knew a Karen was screaming across the room and I didn't even realize at first she was screaming at us.  We cut things off and I went into the sauna. My wife joined me a minute later, and said we were not loud at all, she was sitting closer to us than Karen, and to her it was literally mumbling.   After we came out of the sauna Karen was no longer there.   

After we were done we exited the area and I saw Karen in the waiting area.  I then apologized for being louder than what she wanted, as I do have hearing damage and don't always realize if I raise my voice and I have a difficult time hearing. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JourneyMan89 said:

I'm not sure if this is off-topic too much, but I had a general question for those men who enjoy cruise ship saunas.  Regarding the social atmosphere in the sauna, do you prefer it to be very quiet and peaceful with very little or no talking, or do you enjoy conversations and camaraderie with other gents, or perhaps something in between?

Definitely like ti chat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, waldorf said:

Definitely like ti chat. 

Enjoy chatting as well!  Met some awesome guys,  one in particular a few days later really saved me!  He was a massage therapist and after suffering from a migraine for 2 days he was able to work the knots in my neck and got rid of it!  AND he would not accept anything no matter how much I tried! 

Edgar from Miami,  if you see this,  thank you again! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GaryR6273 said:

I’ve often found that sometimes a little small talk can really help someone get more comfortable for longer conversations. I don’t mind the small talk at all. I get the zen relaxation state benefits, but if someone needs a little small talk to feel comfortable, I’m happy to banter back a bit. 

I'm a bit of both, myself.   I like the peaceful, quiet mood, but a little light conversation can help someone new feel at ease.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 5:44 PM, sauna director said:

Usually, we wouldn't cruise Carnival. BUT the Venezia was kinda different. The locker room had 12 lockers stuffed into a corner and the only seat sat 2 and was in front of the lockers. (musical chairs?)

The sauna was great...hot, hot, hot! And the whirlpool tub was very relaxing. Next to it was a rinse which featured various types of rinse.

The spa has a labyrinth of electric doors. Once you get the hang of it, its' okay.

A man on our cruise was blind and it was a problem for him...everyone pitched-in to help.

I saw the pictures of the men's spa area on the Venezia.  Looks very nice.  Sauna has a window to the sea which i prefer.  Too bad there isn't a steam room, but i guess the whirlpool sorta makes up for it.  Curious, Is there a swimsuit requirement for the whirlpool?

• Like 1

No notice of any requirement. It's just outside the sauna. So, most of the gang drop the towels and take the plunge. When finished, the rinse shower is right there.

In one of our ports, we had the MSC ship right next to us and, since the whirlpool tub has a wall of windows, there was a lot of conjecture as to whether the glass was tinted or not. lots a fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, JourneyMan89 said:

I saw the pictures of the men's spa area on the Venezia.  Looks very nice.  Sauna has a window to the sea which i prefer.  Too bad there isn't a steam room, but i guess the whirlpool sorta makes up for it.  Curious, Is there a swimsuit requirement for the whirlpool?

If there is a requirement, no one abided by it on my sailing. 

• Like 3

Has anyone been been in the steam room and / or sauna on RCL Harmony of the Seas?  I've only found one website that has a picture of what each looks like on the inside and they don't look as big as what I was used to using on Liberty of the Seas.

On 2/5/2024 at 7:24 PM, trafaelwyr said:

Has anyone been been in the steam room and / or sauna on RCL Harmony of the Seas?  I've only found one website that has a picture of what each looks like on the inside and they don't look as big as what I was used to using on Liberty of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships don’t have any free saunas or steam rooms. The photo you saw is the thermal suite steam room. It’s co-ed and you have to pay for a thermal suite pass to use it. 

Right after Covid, we sailed on the oasis. The only thermal suite was $250 for our cruise. the few heated beds were always occupied and the sauna wasn't working. On the bottom of my receipt, it read 

"absolutely no refunds" Hey, RCL, bigger is not always better.

• Like 1

Hey gang, we enjoyed the Venezia so much we are taking it again on April 5th! We live on New York harbor. So, we are aware of all the ships sailing from here. This winter, only Venezia and Maraviglia

offer "free heat". MSC ("children under 12 sail free"). We have read many poor reviews about MSC.

SO, Carnival wins.

In May, Liberty OTS returns to Bayonne...still has "free heat". Also, Celebrity includes dry heat on all their older ships. ...not the Edge class. Happy sailing!

9 hours ago, Chuckles0310 said:

Haven't been on this for a while. Soon travelling on Azamara Onward. Anyone been on recently? Just checking on whether a reasonable single sex sauna/steam room?

Should be like the Oceania smaller ships as they are all sisters.   Same sex steam room in each changing room.   Seats 4-6 and is quite hot.   No sauna.

Joe

2 minutes ago, Scott55021 said:

Chuckles, are you asking me if I am a massage therapist in Melbourne or someone else named Scott? 

2 minutes ago, Scott55021 said:

Chuckles, are you asking me if I am a massage therapist in Melbourne or someone else named Scott? 

Sorry about that. Looks like it was another Scott.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:48 PM, waldorf said:

Definitely like ti chat. 

9 minutes ago, Chuckles0310 said:

Sorry about that. Looks like it was another Scott.

No problem,  I mentioned about a massage therapist in earlier post that is why I asked. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if the free mens sauna on Holland America Oosterdam is larger than the tiny 4 man sauna on the Eurodam.

I have been told it is larger but cannot find it on deck plans.