Cococay in February

What are people's experiences of CocoCay in February? My wife and I are currently booked on the February 13, 2015 Bahamas cruise on Quantum of the seas. We missed this stop on FOS in May this year due to swells. It seems like cococay is hit or miss, and if it's a miss we're not too thrilled of a port canaveral / Nassau itinerary. We're considering a switch to the march 21st sailing to San Juan and Labadee. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you sail in the windy season, expect possible missed ports due to high seas. It can be hit or miss, and we always enjoy wherever we end up. When we miss CocoCay, and end up with an overnight in Nassau, we use it as an opportunity to treat ourselves to a nice dinner at Graycliff followed by a tour of the wine cellar and a stroll through the gardens and pools....something we wouldn't get to do if we made CocoCay and didn't have a late night in Nassau.

For us, change just means more opportunity to try different things...not something to ruin a vacation.

I would be more worried about sailing during Hurricane season (June-November).

February at Coco Cay is glorious! :)

We got lucky and sailed last week just after Bertha went through.

No problems for us, but previous cruise dates did make the cute

little island.

Sue & I have visited Nassau/CoCoCay every month of the year except July.

Have had a couple cool January/February visits, but the sun's always warm...

We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

Bahamas average February Temps about 75-80 +/- up to 10 degrees...

Labadee, Haiti can be 5 to 10 degrees warmer in February...

Dennis & Sue

myticker.jpg

Went to CoCo Cay in February last year and had no problem. Calm seas and beautiful weather. The water was a bit chilly, but not uncomfortable. Snorkeling was wonderful. I would switch cruises only because you say missing CoCo Cay would make the itinerary less than ideal for you. CoCo cay is my favorite port but there is always a chance of missing it.

We've made it to Coco Cay several times in January and February. Water was warm enough to snorkel.

You must be around 15 YO or a northerner most of us Floridians do not go in the water unless it is 80 and above LOL.

You must be around 15 YO or a northerner most of us Floridians do not go in the water unless it is 80 and above LOL.

Yeah, during January and February it's usually below freezing up here most of the time. :D