"Semi-live" from Veendam's Historic Coasts: 16-23 August

shrimp56

I can't wait to hear about your Halifax tour....... Life of a Coal Miner.

Sounds so interesting. It never occurred to me to look into it.

Enjoy your last night aboard and 'safe home'.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

I can't wait to hear about your Halifax tour....... Life of a Coal Miner.

Sounds so interesting. It never occurred to me to look into it.

Enjoy your last night aboard and 'safe home'.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

They missed their Halifax shorex if you read again. There are no coal mines near Halifax. Sydney is most likely where the coal mining tour was. That area has a long coal mining history. Halifax ---not.

Not to be confused with St. John, U.S.V.I. :)

I am confused... what does the Virgin Islands have to do with this cruise?

I hope the OP really enjoys Saint John, N.B. We have welcoming arms:D

They missed their Halifax shorex if you read again. There are no coal mines near Halifax. Sydney is most likely where the coal mining tour was. That area has a long coal mining history. Halifax ---not.

I bet it is Sydney as well. I have this on my to do list for our land vacation next year, so am eagerly awaiting a report!!

Edited by superoma

I think Sail is playing with the St. John name. When I did the Customer Service training for the trucking company I used to work for, I used to run some popular names of cities and list how many there were (only North America) just to make the point about getting the location right!!!! Bad form to send the truck to St. John when you want St. John's!! nevermind the extra cost.

Yes it was Sydney. And it was amazing. Sorry for the confusion. I tend to be laconic when posting from my phone.

Bags packed and in the hall. Taking the HAL transfer. Can't wait to be home and scritch our kitties.

2 cruises were booked on board. Details later.

I think Sail is playing with the St. John name. When I did the Customer Service training for the trucking company I used to work for, I used to run some popular names of cities and list how many there were (only North America) just to make the point about getting the location right!!!! Bad form to send the truck to St. John when you want St. John's!! nevermind the extra cost.

There is no St John in New Brunswick that I am aware of. It is Saint John.

Pretty simple IMO

That's how packages, people and luggage get to the wrong location - LOL:D

They end up in Newfoundland instead of New Brunswick :eek:

;) Yes, Superoma, you are correct. :)

Jacqui........ reread the start of the thread. You'll see Sapper's comments about the various Saint John, St. John's, St. John........ It's a play on the various locations bearing the name in one form or another. ;)

There is no St John in New Brunswick that I am aware of. It is Saint John.

Pretty simple IMO

That's how packages, people and luggage get to the wrong location - LOL:D

They end up in Newfoundland instead of New Brunswick :eek:

Not so simple, Jacqui, if one has never visited either location ... and is geographically challenged. New info gained by reading this thread.

I got corrected in St John NB. The Newfoundland city is St JOHN'S. NB is just St John.

I grew up in Fayetteville, NY, one of several towns by the same name in the US.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forums mobile app

I got corrected in St John NB. The Newfoundland city is St JOHN'S. NB is just St John.

I grew up in Fayetteville, NY, one of several towns by the same name in the US.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forums mobile app

Actually, SHrimp, it is Saint John in New Brunswick - no short form of saint as Kazu mentioned above. It sure trips many of us up:)

I look forward to your report, shrimp56. Sorry we didn't meet on board. Or, maybe we did and didn't realize!

We loved the Saint John tour to St. Martins and Reversing Falls. I loved how we stopped at the river at both high and low tide. It was a popular tour -- I counted four buses for this excursion.

Our family had a good time and we hope you did, too!

I look forward to your report, shrimp56. Sorry we didn't meet on board. Or, maybe we did and didn't realize!

We loved the Saint John tour to St. Martins and Reversing Falls. I loved how we stopped at the river at both high and low tide. It was a popular tour -- I counted four buses for this excursion.

Our family had a good time and we hope you did, too!

Sorry we missed you too :( We had a wonderful, relaxing cruise. Saint John was a great tour. Maybe we'll meet on another dam ship!