"Semi-live" from Veendam's Historic Coasts: 16-23 August

shrimp56

We jumped on this cruise, partially because it was RT Boston and it went to St John's NB. We've demoted ourselves to an OV (last cruise was a SS) and we're quite happy. We're 2 cabins off the front elevators so a straight shot to Lido and Crow's Nest. Can't beat the location.

Vdeendam looks glorious after her drydock. She was our second 'dam ship and we're happy to be here again. We're totally full and the staff is clearly being taxed, but, per usual, they remain friendly and courteous. We had a small Meet & Greet at sailaway--just three couples, but very pleasant indeed.

One thing I like about a smaller ship uis that you see epeople you know more easily than on the Vista or Signatures.

Will write more tomorrow, the internet gods willing. So for now signing off from the very foggy Maine coast.

I'm looking forward to your review. Just have to add one geographical note here---- St. John's is in Newfoundland. You are coming to Saint John, New Brunswick.

You are in good company though as it's a common mistake. :)

Just noticed you are here today. Too bad it has to be a cool and rainy day. Not fun.

We'll have to do a drive by and see the Veendam.

Edited by sapper1

Thanks for the correction! We started out cool and cloudy and ended up in full sunshine, Saw The Reversing Falls, St Martin and City Market. Will post more later when I have a keyboard!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forums mobile app

The internet gods seem to have deserted us in Halifax so will be brief. All is well except the lines for open dining. More on that later. Otherwise it is sunny and a great day for our Peggy's Cove/Titanic excursion this afternoon.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forums mobile app

I'm looking forward to your review. Just have to add one geographical note here---- St. John's is in Newfoundland. You are coming to Saint John, New Brunswick.

You are in good company though as it's a common mistake. :)

Just noticed you are here today. Too bad it has to be a cool and rainy day. Not fun.

We'll have to do a drive by and see the Veendam.

Not to be confused with St. John, U.S.V.I. :)

On the iPad so brief again. Tomorrow I promise.

Here's a succinct version.

Day 0: You CAN go home again. Good to be on Veendam again.

Day 1: Where has home gone? Fog in Bar Harbor.

Day 2: Going in reverse. Bay of Fundy.

Day 3: Doomed. Was going to review the Peggy's Cove/Titanic shorex, but we missed the boat.

All will come clear when I get to a real keyboard.

I just completed a brief summary of our experience of 35 days, ending last Sat., if interested. It is on the thread Veendam...yay or nay?

Looking forward to reading your experiences on the Veendam as I've just booked a cruise on this ship. When you get a chance, can you please tell me more about the shipboard experiences you're having? Thanks.

My apologies. Between the internet being down and my naps. I know, excuses, excuses . . .

Since we missed our shorex in Halifax, we signed up for "The Life of a Coal-miner." All I can say is GO! It was amazing, moving and well worth it. Today in Portland ME we shopped and had lunch with local friends.

I will turn this into a report with pictures after I get home tomorrow .