{{***MSC-DIVINA***LIVE***August 23rd - 30th***}}

Mikesa1721

Good evening everyone!!! Had a great day in St. Maartin. Aussie,,,Maho beach is completely washed away,,only big rocks are left,,very disappointed when we arrived there today but still managed to catch a few planes,,KLM!!!!! and ride the fence when KLM took off in the afternoon. We were told that Orient is full of seaweed right now, and suggested going there wouldn't be worth the trip. Going to find out if anyone had gone there to get their take. White Party tonight. $4.00 pina colodas in a carved out pineapple ;););)

Hi Mike,

If you happen by the Nutella stand, would you see if those giant jars (I've seen in pics) are for sale, please?:D

Thank you!

Michelle :)

I'll stop by the there tomorrow and find out for you Michelle,,,,they had a special yesterday,,buy one Nutella crepe or milkshake and get one free,,,,,still looking for those happy hour special that were mentioned as well,,,haven't come across one yet, but I'm still keeping an eye out for them.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Wow Mike.....in March there was still beach there I wondered what happened....we will check out the other beaches too in case of the seaweed issue........we have never encountered it before, but maybe that storm system stirred up some problems...although I thought it was way north of St. Maarten.....sorry your day wasn't everything you hoped it would be..............so question....which was more fun the take off or landing?....

Wow Mike.....in March there was still beach there I wondered what happened....we will check out the other beaches too in case of the seaweed issue........we have never encountered it before, but maybe that storm system stirred up some problems...although I thought it was way north of St. Maarten.....sorry your day wasn't everything you hoped it would be..............so question....which was more fun the take off or landing?....

KLM was massive!!!!! The "rocks" were packed with people,,and after a few Carib beers,,,we didn't have a care in the world afterward. Standing behind KLM before take off was INTENSE!!! but when Air Capo took off,,he throttled up the engines and held the brake for what seemed 5 minutes before he released himself down the runway. I would say the takeoffs are definitely more intense though,,,nothing can prepare you for that kind of intense thrust and heat!!

HI Joybaby and thanks :) I buy it at Publix, Target and Wal-Mart all the time but nothing the size of THOSE jars...was kinda hoping they sold the mammoth jars onboard :P

The one I have is 25.6 oz. (Publix) What do you do with the stuff? We ate it in Europe many years ago when I thought it was a novelty. I don't touch it, but my husband seems to like it. Too sweet!

Do you want something larger???

Yes,,the last two are from the Golden Jazz Bar,,,but not the first,,,the pic was taken from deck 6 with a 100mm - 400mm telephoto zoom lens,,,,,that hint should help!!!

Wow! Nice lens. And nice pics.

I am glad you are enjoying this trip.

Do you feel that Divina has an international feel? We enjoyed this on Poesia. Is crowd mostly American or international?

I'll stop by the there tomorrow and find out for you Michelle,,,,they had a special yesterday,,buy one Nutella crepe or milkshake and get one free,,,,,still looking for those happy hour special that were mentioned as well,,,haven't come across one yet, but I'm still keeping an eye out for them.

So I can have a Nutella crepe and wash it down with a milkshake. I'll be in a sugar coma! LOL

Thanks, Mike. I really hope you're having a fabulous time...only 3 more days for me!!!! :) :) :)

Wow! Nice lens. And nice pics.

I am glad you are enjoying this trip.

Do you feel that Divina has an international feel? We enjoyed this on Poesia. Is crowd mostly American or international?

Tatka,,the mix seems to be about a 60% International, to 40% American. We met a family from Manchester and spent the day with them in St. Maartin today. Dave, was in the Royal Navy, and his wife Sue was a special assistant to the Royal Family for a little while, as well as Princess Diana three days prior to her marriage to Prince Charles. Absolutely lovely family!!!!

The one I have is 25.6 oz. (Publix) What do you do with the stuff? We ate it in Europe many years ago when I thought it was a novelty. I don't touch it, but my husband seems to like it. Too sweet!

Do you want something larger???

We put it on toast or make a Nutella and banana sandwich. I've also hulled out strawberries and put a little dollop inside....and my oldest son likes to put it on apples. I'll take the biggest jar I can find...my boys (I have 4...all over 6 ft tall) can go through that 26.5 oz jar in NO time! :p

Edited by FLAMOM24

Grew up living on Nutella.........couldn't get it in the US for years......but glad it's been here for sometime now.............love it a lot....can't wait to try a nutella crepe...........it's vacation..........my two week crash pre cruise diet has extra meaning this time..................

KLM was massive!!!!! The "rocks" were packed with people,,and after a few Carib beers,,,we didn't have a care in the world afterward. Standing behind KLM before take off was INTENSE!!! but when Air Capo took off,,he throttled up the engines and held the brake for what seemed 5 minutes before he released himself down the runway. I would say the takeoffs are definitely more intense though,,,nothing can prepare you for that kind of intense thrust and heat!!

Five minutes till he released ( it obviously wasn't a pre mature release_ and it was hot and intense........are you writing a sequel to 50 shades...........:eek:

Haaaa!!!!! I see where your mind is Aussie!!!!:eek:

Oh that quote you gave there was NO reading between the lines.....just kidding I couldn't help myself...........I'm bad.........sometimes..........and so angelic others...........I keep it balanced that way...glad you are having a great time.......

btw...have you tried the "ripple" app that gambee talks about.so you can stay intouch with your mates onboard through your phones.......

see I'm behaving I could have said so much more about ripple effects and such...it's late...it's Tuesday night.......the work week is young but already so in need of a beverage to relax........

Hi Mike,

If you happen by the Nutella stand, would you see if those giant jars (I've seen in pics) are for sale, please?Thank you!Michelle

Michelle, If I told you once, I told you twice, back off from my Nutella!

I buy it at Publix, Target and Wal-Mart all the time but nothing the size of THOSE jars...was kinda hoping they sold the mammoth jars onboard :P

They had it at Sam's Club last week 35.3oz, $7.22. I stood in the aisle fondling it for a few minutes, then I tore myself away. It is fabulous on whole wheat toast and excellent for dipping pretzels into. When I try to make it "healthy", I eat it on slices of Granny Smith apples. When the apple is gone, I just eat it by the spoonful. :o:o:o:o:o:o

Tatka,,the mix seems to be about a 60% International, to 40% American. We met a family from Manchester and spent the day with them in St. Maartin today. Dave, was in the Royal Navy, and his wife Sue was a special assistant to the Royal Family for a little while, as well as Princess Diana three days prior to her marriage to Prince Charles. Absolutely lovely family!!!!

Thank you! Glad to hear this.

This is one of the reasons we are driving to Miami for this cruise. :)