{{***MSC-DIVINA***LIVE***August 23rd - 30th***}}

Mikesa1721

Thank You all for being so patient. Weather has been an issue the past two days so internet was off and on. We have a clear day today but veeeeeery windy. I have close to 500 pics just in the 2 days we have been onboard an will start posting them soon. For anyone interested in having a Mani-Pedi done while on the ship,,,they do not have the staff onboard,,Kim called to make an appointment and was told they are not offering that service. I'm hoping it's just for this sailing and not future ones.

MARYANN2 & JOYCE&BOB,,,Villa Rossa is open for lunch between 12:00 noon and 2:00pm,,,we boarded a little late so I was able to make it over there just to confirm for you. Sorry no menu's:(:(.

Heading off to the Captain's Cocktail Party at 11:00am,,,We'll be in St. Maaartin in the morning and I'll upload a bunch of pics for you all. Moo,,,I have your Yacht Club Bar Menu,,Aussie,,Hope to have lots of Orient and Maho pics as well. We're heading to Maho Beach first to watch KLM land at 11:15 and then Orient. Stay tuned folks,for my run in with TSA before boarding and if I was able to bring 1/2 gallon of Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix onboard.

Thanks Everyone!!!! No loungers allowed on pool deck 15 today by orders of the bridge due to high winds. A new opera will be introduced in the next week or so and this afternoon we were invited to see a sample of the new show. Should be wonderful so for those sailing in the weeks ahead,,watch for this new show.

Good evening folks from the most beautiful Divina!!! I went to see a preview of the new show that will be introduced soon. I'm not an opera aficionado, but my cousin is and she thought the presentation was incredible!!! The new show will be called "Love Me" "as much as I love you",,music from the opera "La Traviata". She has seen the opera in New York City and London, and felt the interpretation was incredible. She left the theatre with tears in her eyes so it must have been pretty good.

Glad you are having fun Mike......enjoy tomorrow and I hope the weather calms down for you all.............so you tried smuggling:D.....actually I wanted to bring some mixers that I enjoy too.......can't wait to hear how it turned out.............

What are the hours of dinner has the MDR? How is the service? Thank you.

Last week, first seating was at 6:00 pm and 2nd was at 8:45 pm.

The service was adequate. We usually go on NCL and I find the feel and service in the MDR to be more elegant than MSC. That is, if you ignore the other diners on NCL. People dressed better on MSC.

Good evening folks from the most beautiful Divina!!! I went to see a preview of the new show that will be introduced soon. I'm not an opera aficionado, but my cousin is and she thought the presentation was incredible!!! The new show will be called "Love Me" "as much as I love you",,music from the opera "La Traviata". She has seen the opera in New York City and London, and felt the interpretation was incredible. She left the theatre with tears in her eyes so it must have been pretty good.

Good morning Mike.

Glad your having a good time, even with your bumpy start.

My sis in law will be thrilled with the new show, she also is a big opera fan,and Im sure the rest of our group can be converted, :)

Can I ask, how was the boarding process for you, what time did you get to port and roughly how long did it take till you were actually in your suite ?

Thanks in advance, and look forward to the rest of your thread.

Anne

Hi !

Sailing Thur. on Opera (4th MSC ship) so logged in to get a scent of the sea...lovely to find 'live' folk enjoying themselves (wind apart - we're going through Biscay, so may have the same trouble !).

Sounds as if Divina might need to be my next pick, & just love St. Maarten and the C'bean.

Will be raising an Allegrissimo glass to MSC & all who love sailing with them on Thur.. Do hope you continue to have a great time !

Last week, first seating was at 6:00 pm and 2nd was at 8:45 pm.

The service was adequate. We usually go on NCL and I find the feel and service in the MDR to be more elegant than MSC. That is, if you ignore the other diners on NCL. People dressed better on MSC.

I'm NOT putting NCL down - for certain cruise itineraries and certain type of passengers, they are great. But using the words NCL and elegant in the same sentence is mind blowing to me. :)

I'm NOT putting NCL down - for certain cruise itineraries and certain type of passengers, they are great. But using the words NCL and elegant in the same sentence is mind blowing to me. :)

I am comparing the service of MSC with NCL.

Hi Mike,

If you happen by the Nutella stand, would you see if those giant jars (I've seen in pics) are for sale, please?:D

Thank you!

Michelle :)

Michelle, I live in east Cent. Fl and they sell it at Publix. I just bought it.

Michelle, I live in east Cent. Fl and they sell it at Publix. I just bought it.

HI Joybaby and thanks :) I buy it at Publix, Target and Wal-Mart all the time but nothing the size of THOSE jars...was kinda hoping they sold the mammoth jars onboard :P

Edited by FLAMOM24