Find me a black cardigan, please!

critterchick

Nebrcruiser, if you go online to Kohls, make sure you don't get the polyester Vera Wang flyaway cardigan, I took it back as it was cheesy. The other Vera Wang is a lightweight (washable) wool (just below) hip length flyaway & is lovely. Both run true to size. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice--fly away cardigans do not look good on me--I've tried them on. Unfortunately, I can't wear wool, so back to the hunt.

I have a ton of cardigans and they are all from Target or Old Navy, under $30. Classic styles in cotton, come in a variety or colors, and look great with everything from capris to dresses. Like anything cotton, hang them to dry of you want them to look good for a long time. Good luck!

Guest maddycat
I'm in the hunt for a new black cardigan--again! I had one stolen on a Med cruise from off my lounge chair (pretty sure I saw it walking around later--who does that?) and left one in the tour van at the airport in Santiago, Chile last December.

I had looked and looked for both of them; they were just what I wanted. A little below waist length, not too long in the sleeves (I have short arms and hate rolling sleeves) and nice and soft and comfy. Also very inexpensive and washed like a dream.

Back to Herberger's where It think I got them both. I promise to guard them with my life!

If you are interested in a classic 100% cotton cardigan, look at LlBean and Lands End. The links are below.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-supima-cardigan-sweater/id_234741

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68095?feat=503657-GN2&page=fine-gauge-sweater-button-front-cardigan

If you are interested in a classic 100% cotton cardigan, look at LlBean and Lands End. The links are below.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-supima-cardigan-sweater/id_234741

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68095?feat=503657-GN2&page=fine-gauge-sweater-button-front-cardigan

Thanks! Will do.

In looking for your black cardigan I found 3 that are now living in my closet (& I wasn't looking for any ��)

One merino wool (that I love) flyaway, one tissue thin (just cause) by Elle & one from Kohls that should arrive Mon. All black. I also found a pewter Ann Taylor with Pearl buttons that was intriguing. It's a disease ��. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to be your enabler.:p

It doesn't need to be. Their clothing is very well made and will last triple the life expectancy of the $40 Jaclyn Smith WalMart sweater that will be a pilled, faded mess after one season. It's well worth spending the extra money on classic styles from quality retailers that you'll wear for the next 15+ years. I have an Eileen Fisher black cardigan sweater, merino wool blend, that is 16 years old and still like new. I paid $120 or so for it. Had I been buying crap from low and lower end stores I would have replaced it at least seven times by now. Do the math.

I understand your rationale entirely and if I were still working full time the original Eileen Fisher that still haunts me (I check for a sale every day) would be a no-brainer. But $378 for a cardigan that I will wear on 2-3 trips per year is insanity at my age (61 on Friday, happy birthday to me!). I am looking forward to seeing how my $75 J. Crew (that I got for $50:D) wears.

I still have some wonderful expensive clothing from my full time days that will never wear out. But I have no occasion to wear them except once in a blue moon if I have to go to court, so I need to donate most of them.

Edited by critterchick

I LOVE my lightweight "Girlfriend Cardigan" from White House Black Market! It is super-soft and very nice quality! I expect to have it for years!

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=1&pageId=1&productId=570119017&viewAll=&prd=Long+Sleeve+Black+Girlfriend+Cardigan&subCatId=&color=001&fromSearch=true&inSeam=&posId=1&catId=&cat=&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=

white-house-black-market-long-sleeve-boyfriend-black-cardigan.jpg

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

Uniqlo just released their merino sweaters for fall - revamped and now washable! (I have always hand washed) On sale now - $19.90.

Will it last a long time? No. But TONS of colors available. And if you're prone to losing things while you travel (or, like me, need to have sweaters in various offices & cars) it's a nice deal!

Crew necks, v necks, and cardigans

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/women/featured/extra-fine-merino.html?utm_source=NL-20140917W&utm_medium=email&utm_content=TOPBNRW&utm_campaign=WK38-091714-SWTPRMW

I knew I shouldn't have come back and read the boards, lol. Now I peeked at the White House Black Market store and found multiple items on markdown that I want! Problem is I'm now officially on social security disability insurance now and stuck at home all day with no where to wear them too. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70

I knew I shouldn't have come back and read the boards, lol. Now I peeked at the White House Black Market store and found multiple items on markdown that I want! Problem is I'm now officially on social security disability insurance now and stuck at home all day with no where to wear them too. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Being "stuck at home" is no excuse! Buy something pretty! :D You deserve it!

Sierra Trading Post had a 40% off everything coupon last night so my husband and I ordered a few things (I had a store credit from my last returns....) One thing I ended up with is a linen blend black cardigan. Hope it fits :p

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/royal-robbins-pacific-heights-cardigan-sweater-cotton-linen-for-women~p~6485f/?filterString=s~linen-cardigan%2F&colorFamily=01

royal-robbins-pacific-heights-cardigan-sweater-cotton-linen-for-women-in-jet-black~p~6485f_01~220.2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Epilogue: I brought the J. Crew black cardigan with me on our Italy trip. I got less wear out of it than I had thought I would, since I also had a fleece for our pre-cruise stay in Scanno and the Abruzzo national park. But I loved having it with me.

And my Eileen Fisher cardigan that started this thread went on sale at Nordstrom's and Dillard's this weekend, 40% off, so I splurged.:D:D