Vow renewal

cruzisme

We filled a form out prior to cruise and emailed it to Princess. They said we had to organise date once on board and that most likely it would be a sea day. Once on board we went to guest services and were able to get the date we wanted. They had a choice of a few different vows for the service or you could provide your own. We did not have to share with anyone else. Just so you know thought Princess did a lovely job. They closed the library off and decorated it, the captain performed the service, they gave us a framed photo, bottle of champagne and staff to serve it, bouquet for myself and buttonhole for hubby, chocolates, copy of the vows. This was on the Sun Princess.

We just happen to have to minsters at our dining table one sailing and they did do quite a few renewals. If you want to do it quietly and privately, check out your roll call you might a have minster to do it for you. they used the library and then went to dinner at the specialty restaurant.

I gave it to my folks for their 60th anniversary on the Emerald 2 years ago. They Captain conducted in the chapel with the photographer taking all different sets of pictures. They supplied flowers for both my folks. It took about 15-20 minutes with pics afterwards. The ceremony was really nice and special for them. I believe they also got a bottle of bubbly but don't actually recall since they really don't drink. I would recommend it as it was really nice. The only thing is they really did push the picture package. We did buy a few shots for memory purposes..

We did it last year on the Royal for our 20th anniversary. It was a really nice experience. There were a lot of our CC friends on the ship, so we had a little party beforehand in our cabin, then they all came to the ceremony. We were the only couple and the captain did the renewal. It was super nice and I recommend that you do it.:D

Has anyone ever done this? Are there several couples at the service or are you the only one?

Any details would be appreciated!:D

It's worth every penny:)

We did it last February on the Sapphire. The chapel was being renovated, so they decorated Skywalkers. It was just us, our friends and the captain:)

You get a photographer, video, flowers and a beautiful vow renewal certificate. They surprised us with a bridge tour the next day..

I didn't purchase the most expensive renewal, but we did spurge on the Platinum Studio...also worth every penny(many pennies:D).

It was our 40th...we will never forget how well Princess took care of us!

You won't regret it!

We paid $225.00 in February of this year. Looks like that hasn't changed.

It goes up to $499.00 for the deluxe package.

If you go to gifts and services on the Princess website it will give you more detailed info.

Hope that helps...

We paid $225.00 in February of this year. Looks like that hasn't changed.

It goes up to $499.00 for the deluxe package.

If you go to gifts and services on the Princess website it will give you more detailed info.

Hope that helps...

Thank u

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Forums mobile app

We did it for our 25th Anniversary on the Emerald in 2010. We chose the deluxe package, which included a tour of the Bridge! We were the only couple, the Captain performed the Ceremony. They picked the date, which ended up being the actual date of our Anniversary! Well worth every penny!

Edited by jovisoul

We have booked to do this next year. I had assumed it would be on our anniversary. I am now concerned that they choose the date not us. Does anyone know if it can be confirmed in advance? Thanks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have booked to do this next year. I had assumed it would be on our anniversary. I am now concerned that they choose the date not us. Does anyone know if it can be confirmed in advance? Thanks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Unfortunately, it can't be confirmed in advance. We didn't find out the date until we were on the ship. It's usually an "At Sea and Formal Night".

Thanks for the replies. I am really disappointed as I don't see the point of doing it on any other day than our anniversary. I am pleased I found this forum as it would have been much worse to find out on the cruise after arranging for our whole family to join us for the event. I will need to rethink our plans. Thanks for your help. Anne

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies. I am really disappointed as I don't see the point of doing it on any other day than our anniversary.

Ours was 5 days before our real anniversary date...

Didn't really matter that much. Over the 30 prior years it certainly wasn't the first time we celebrated on a date other than the exact date and certainly won't be the last. A number of times ... we didn't even get it in the same season.

2059950057_ab5697f05c_n.jpgDSC_3652 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

The hard part was keeping her from poking around the cruise personalizer where the VR was listed with our dives, getting the new wedding bands onboard without discovery, grabbing all of the information placed in the cabin before she discovered them...

Getting her to buy the you need the nice fancy white dress ... because ... hum ... oh .. you need something nice to go with our white dinner jackets... and it's on sale...

Edited by MauiLvrs

We did a VR several years ago, and it was wonderful! We had our own vows in advance, and the captain was very pleasant with our family (young children were there). We had it in the chapel - then went to dinner. When we got back to our room there were chocolate covered strawberries waiting. We got our daughter,husband, and kids to join us - so we sat around in pajamas and ate the berries. They still remember this special time, and it is a special memory for us.

:)Mary